Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maggie Seidel's departure  (Read 3782 times)
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« on: June 22, 2015, 12:41AM »

Looks like Celtic Woman will have a new producer, Maggie announced a few hours ago on Twitter that she's leaving the boat
I hope the new manager will bring newness and will be more efficient!!
I don't want to criticise her, I assume that doing her work is not easy at all but honestly I think Scott Porter did a better work at managing CW.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 04:34AM »

Looks like Celtic Woman will have a new producer, Maggie announced a few hours ago on Twitter that she's leaving the boat
I don't want to criticise her, I assume that doing her work is not easy at all but honestly I think Scott Porter did a better work at managing CW.
  ditto   Mr.  Dinozzo ....     Cool

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 01:39PM »

Even though I can't say I am very sad about her leaving, ditto on what you said and I third it!! I am sure she will go on to do other great things and what not. But as a manager I am sure she had an extremely hard job but I think there where fair share of issues and a lot of disappointed fans during the tour. Specially favoring certain city's and people, I know a few times (especially me living in a main city for them, which they seem to try to avoid at all costs for some reason!?) I was very disappointed and upset and almost said forget about the girls (I haven't though) or times where we had to travel far etc... ( I have done radio city and am doing London). And even it took them forever to go to redrocks again and radio city which is a main thing for them (understand the radio city situation though). But the m&g's where quite unorganized and for the money they could've been better thought out! (not bashing but have had heard some...interesting stories of a ton of money paid and had a picture taken in stairwells, etc... Plus, every tour cd and dvd is the same songs which I am not sure how much they can do of that anymore. I hope who ever takes over puts a new spin on things and makes it all new!! Plus, keeping the dates and announcements secret and not revealing them for days and weeks does not help either and I hope the new person is not like that and keeps us in the loop like scott porter (lol on the messages I sent that poor guy and yet he couldn't say anything because he actually didn't know and was working on it unlike Maggie who said she knew but wasn't saying it!!Why?! I literally would have to contact my pbs lady who know months prior  to her announcing! Even Rachel was not like that she was boom boom boom and very organized, and trust me, meeting Rachel and talking w her I see a huge difference. She came to the meet and greet and made sure we got our wrist bands and then hung out w us for  a while and socialized and then stayed w us to the very end and di the m&g and the pictures and go the guys from the dressing rooms, she is a very busy lady! where Maggie  did not do any of that!I am sorry to see her go as I am sure the girls are and am not bashing her but change is good and I am sure she will do great things and am excited to see who will take over! And sorry for my long post!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 03:54PM »

I would love that they announce which member will join in on the October tour early so for any of us who wants to attend have enough time to get set and ready for the tour & tickets. It took only until April to find out who would take over after Meav, my instincts have always been Lynn, but for those who had no idea
of Alex it was too short notice. Smiley

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 10:22AM »

Even though I can't say I am very sad about her leaving, ditto on what you said and I third it!! I am sure she will go on to do other great things and what not. But as a manager I am sure she had an extremely hard job but I think there where fair share of issues and a lot of disappointed fans during the tour. Specially favoring certain city's and people, I know a few times (especially me living in a main city for them, which they seem to try to avoid at all costs for some reason!?) I was very disappointed and upset and almost said forget about the girls (I haven't though) or times where we had to travel far etc... ( I have done radio city and am doing London). And even it took them forever to go to redrocks again and radio city which is a main thing for them (understand the radio city situation though). But the m&g's where quite unorganized and for the money they could've been better thought out! (not bashing but have had heard some...interesting stories of a ton of money paid and had a picture taken in stairwells, etc... Plus, every tour cd and dvd is the same songs which I am not sure how much they can do of that anymore. I hope who ever takes over puts a new spin on things and makes it all new!! Plus, keeping the dates and announcements secret and not revealing them for days and weeks does not help either and I hope the new person is not like that and keeps us in the loop like scott porter (lol on the messages I sent that poor guy and yet he couldn't say anything because he actually didn't know and was working on it unlike Maggie who said she knew but wasn't saying it!!Why?! I literally would have to contact my pbs lady who know months prior  to her announcing! Even Rachel was not like that she was boom boom boom and very organized, and trust me, meeting Rachel and talking w her I see a huge difference. She came to the meet and greet and made sure we got our wrist bands and then hung out w us for  a while and socialized and then stayed w us to the very end and di the m&g and the pictures and go the guys from the dressing rooms, she is a very busy lady! where Maggie  did not do any of that!I am sorry to see her go as I am sure the girls are and am not bashing her but change is good and I am sure she will do great things and am excited to see who will take over! And sorry for my long post!

I agree with everthing you said. Unfortunately I can't be as optimistic as you when it comes to who will replace Maggie. It will probably be someone from within Madstone, most likely Mitch, and the attitude towards avid fans will not improve and possibly get worse. If indeed it is Mitch, he has been overheard in the past saying unkindly things about "longtime avid fans."

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 10:34AM »

Rachel, where are you? Wink
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 05:13PM »

It is prob. not a far fetch to say that it will be someone from madstone (I am not sure who mitch is or heard of him?). But I agree I think Rachel was with madstone too but she seems very... smart... at what she does.  The way she promotes the guys and how they tour and the whole organized m&g thing etc it just works and how personable and friendly she is and works her tail off. And how she lets the guys be very, very open w fans (even at stage door) where Maggie kept guard and the ladies talk very seldom to the audience and Rachel said she encourages it! (even thought the stage door thing may have to do w private property and a sidewalk next to the venue...  Roll Eyes Shocked But yeah big difference! The other option would be that is not uncommon at all is someone who has been a tour manager w other groups for years (any singer/group).After a tour they usually decide if they want to stay on if the artist keeps going or takes a break and then they pick up on another tour,It is very common. Also goes for anyone behind the scenes to they can work on different tours. Like mairead nesbitts husband can tour w the girls and now he's w the who, and sarah burkes husband etc.... we will have to wait and see!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 08:08PM »

I don't wanna sound disrespectful toward her, but I agree that since she took over, CW hasn't done many truly new things, and their shows have been shorter (too short in my opinion). I hope the new manager brings something new to CW and makes the shows last longer. If I'm paying all that money to see them, I want it to last longer. And I hope the new manager brings CW to the cities that they haven't been to in years or don't go to that often anymore. I was so heartbroken when CW didn't come to Roanoke, VA, because I can't travel by myself due to my disability.
BUT I will end this post on a nice note. I think I met Maggie at the last CW concert, and I liked her as a person. She was really nice to me and my grandmother.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: