Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Edel SO Upset?! Fathers Day Disrespect @ Show  (Read 4327 times)
Cory

« on: June 23, 2015, 08:39AM »

Does anyone here know what happened at the show that Edel is speaking about? Many band and choir members posted on Edel's facebook post below... Someone mentioned this was a fan that has been over 20 shows this year... it scares me to know it may have been someone on this board Sad

Edels Post Reads:

"I'm not quite sure how to start this post. An exchange with an audience member before the show has me reeling from shock and anger. I won't go into it - suffice it to say that the words 'tart' and 'shameless hussy' were directed at my good friend and fellow CW cast member. The injustice of it and the sheer, casual misogyny with which it was said is something I see so often and have been trying to fight against for so long. Shaming women for their appearance has to stop.

I know that this was just one person who said just one hurtful thing, but the ripples of that kind of thinking go so much further than insulting me or my friend. Reflections of it can be seen when a woman is cat-called on the street. When violence and abuse is directed at a woman in a bar because she refuses a stranger's advances. When another rape case is thrown out because the victim had been dressed in something 'revealing'. This way of thinking perpetuates the opinion that women are nothing more than the sum of their parts, here to be sexualised and objectified. This is why we need feminism. Contrary to popular belief, feminism is not man-hating. It is the fight against misogyny and inequality, and we need as many allies, men and women alike, as we can get.

Today is Father's Day. I refuse to believe that any father would raise his daughter to be objectified and abused. It has to stop and we have to be the people to stop it.

Thank you for reading. Please, feel free to comment but please keep it respectful.

?#?heforshe"?

Caledonia you're calling me,
Now I'm going home
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 10:36AM »

I don't know what happened, when, or who was involved.  Negative comments to CW members are just wrong.  They work hard to give us a great show day after day.
They are performers/actors and how they perform or act during a show is not necessarily who they are in "real life".
Do you think John Wayne or Clint Eastwood actually killed all those bad guys?  They are actors!
If you don't like the show or the people in the show, DON'T GO!  Stay home or go somewhere else.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 02:48PM »

Luckily, I showed this lady my fluffy bunny rabbit Cuddles and she once felt that extreme softness from her. Edel and I really have some same feelings, don't you think?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 07:11PM »

Yes, Kim, and I'm sure Edel was happy to meet you and Cuddles. Wink
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 07:05PM »

Gosh... that kind of behavior really disgusts me. I hope the cast member who got insulted wasn't too upset. Good for Edel for standing up for her.

The Quiet Man

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 08:02AM »

I think, I say I THINK, I know what happened.  During "Granuaile's Dance" Mairead's costume is such that her outerskirt isn't much more than floating draperies, and there is about one inch between the hem of the short dress the draperies are attached to and the top of her stockings.  Her skin tone is significantly lighter than the color of her stockings, so the bit of exposed skin is obvious especially during her dancing.  Let me emphasize that other than that part of her legs, which you will already have seen during "The Butterfly" where she is totally barelegged and barefooted, you see NOTHING ELSE.  I can only guess someone thought that this violated some standard of decency and said something.  The guy who said this was a lout, period, and should be told as much. The rest of this is just noise.               
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: