Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outstanding!  (Read 8659 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: August 11, 2015, 10:33AM »

I wish I had discovered her earlier... or rather not, as there are (yet) very few recordings of her! But just listen to her! She's brilliant! I love how she will bring something new to CW again, something I always love about getting new members!

Mairin de Barra
Winter, Fire and Snow
Fill, Fill a Rún
Bright Blue Rose
The Parting Glass
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:21PM by ShiningBright » Logged

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 02:49PM »

She  sounds  like  a  cross between  Mary  Black  and  Enya.    Cool

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:53PM »

to me, she has a unique voice like Orla. I really noticed that when i saw her live last year with Celtic Nights.  Smiley Cheesy

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 03:37PM »

I don't know Mary Black, but she has more power and better controll than Enya. (no offence for Enya here, she's a wonderful artist)

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 05:17PM »

I wonder how she'll sound on some of the high notes she has to dish out. Cuz for Danny Boy she has the high final note and in Orinoco Flow she has the high harmonies the whole time. Unless, of course, they change the vocals around.
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 05:40PM »

She has a beautiful voice and I am looking forward to hearing more of her singing.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 09:50PM »

Mmm I rather reference CW is going to change again now because of this selection,
The pattern has worked transitionally well from Lisa L, to Lynn to then Meav & Lastly Alex which Alex can belt out
In Both ranges. As of now if Susan or Carlin switches we'll see, as long as Susan is main lead on Amazing Grace then Carlin will step as Lynn's role current. Otherwise CW will return to the pattern they had with Chloe Lisa and of course Orla the difference no fourth soprano Meav or Lynn. Perhaps we'll see similar frame as when Orla was by the group rather more than like Alex say. 

I wonder how she'll sound on some of the high notes she has to dish out. Cuz for Danny Boy she has the high final note and in Orinoco Flow she has the high harmonies the whole time. Unless, of course, they change the vocals around.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 01:31AM »

Listen to "Winter, Fire and Snow" - she CAN sing those high notes! It's just that the songs she usually sings don't require them much.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 10:44AM »

Listen to "Winter, Fire and Snow" - she CAN sing those high notes! It's just that the songs she usually sings don't require them much.
Thanks for the reference point! Appreciate it!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 01:45AM »

Here's the clip of Noel Nouvelet Integrity.Love.Unity. talked about. I already knew this lovely clip and wanted to find it again when I learned Éabha was in Christmas memories but didn't find it. Found it just today, when I read Integrity.Love.Unity.'s post. Didn't know it has actually Éabha in it! Fantastic! She's the girl with straight blond hair!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xolN0xgPNKM

By the way - is the girl with wavy blond hair in the beginning Rebecca Winckworth?

Edit: Yup, it's her!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:50AM by ShiningBright » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 10:55AM »

Amazing!!! I have a feeling Rebecca may be guesting but might be filler for the next Celtic Woman.
Unless they keep the 3 girl, new management might return to 4, but not until next year once Lynn's member status is done.

For example looking back at the CW formation
Susan- Lisa K
Mairead C- Chloe
Eabha- Orla or Alex
Rebecca- Lynn or Meav

Rebecca was chosen on Destiny over Lynn..

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 11:00AM »

Having back five girls would be wonderful ?

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 12:47PM »

Saw DESTINY last night on the local PBS station....EABHA is AWESOME.....wonderful voice, beautiful, too. She was interviewed  backstage by one of the PBS people.......sultry speaking voice.....and I can believe she`s as tall as our Sarah from St. Paul.  Great Irish tunes in Destiny....quite different now that according to the Mairead forum, David is no longer associated with CW.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 03:21PM »

She quite is An Amazing Celtic Woman, I've fallen in love with her as quicker as I had with Lynn, probably close 2nd since Alex debut rehearsal vid! I can imagine had Lynn or Alex been in place instead of Eabha they'd have would change the direction style of some songs in Destiny since it fits too well for Eabha. Which threesome is your favorite?

Eabha in,
Alex in,
Lynn & Alex in,
Lynn in,
Lisa in, ?

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:23PM by rfcw » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: