Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deirdre Shannon  (Read 12944 times)
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« on: April 16, 2007, 05:59AM »

Why did Deirdre Shannon leave CW?

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 06:00AM »

She was a stand-in for Meav while the latter was taking care of her newborn, if I recall correctly.

jsharp

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 08:40AM »

She was a stand-in for Meav while the latter was taking care of her newborn, if I recall correctly.

Yep. She pinch-hit for Meav and did a fantastic job by all accounts. She's still considered an honorary member of the team.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 08:59AM »

Deirdre is another gifted performer, and one of the sweetest, most genuine people you could ever meet.  She recently won the 2006 Celtic Radio Music Awards in the category of Roots Traditional.  During the past 12 months we've seen her release her solo CD, win three awards and is currently on a successful worldwide tour as the featured guest artist with the Celtic Tenors.  She has also done a series of interviews as well as performing with some well known artists in an Irish special in California.  Jenny's terriffic fan site for Deirdre can be found here:  http://www.deirdreshannon.net/ and her official site is here:  http://www.deirdregilsenan.com/index.htm.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Lynne

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:37AM »

Cannot add a thing to Rich's comments except if you get a chance to hear her with the Celtic Tenors - do so!  They have signings after every show and you will get to meet her!  She is truly a lovely, gracious young woman with an incredible talent.  They only have a few more U.S. dates this year in August so check those out!

Lynne
Maggie
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 11:59AM »

In addition to all that, she can milk a cow and herd the geese too!
So can her brother Matthew.
Lynne

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 04:00PM »

Sorry, I know this is off-topic but Maggie, how pray tell do you herd geese?!!!! Undecided

Okay back on topic everyone!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 05:19PM »

Sorry, I know this is off-topic but Maggie, how pray tell do you herd geese?!!!! Undecided

Okay back on topic everyone!
(Still off topic)
It has to be easier than herding the cows and milking the geese.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 01:16PM »

LMAO @ Rich's switch!
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 05:16PM »

I used to have a dog that would herd pretty much anything .. which was interesting living in the City.  Did come in handy, though, with the kids (4 and 6 at the time).

We had a long field (almost (American) football length) that ran behind the apartment buildings we were in.  We were on one end, the opposite end lead into the parking lot and street.

One day the kids took Sheba (an Australian Shepherd) out back to run while I watched from the deck.  When they started going too far I yelled at them once .. that was all it took.  From that moment forward, any time the kids would get to that point, Sheba was right there, barking and "bumping" their legs to turn them around, then herding them back towards the "right" area.

Yes, still off topic, but the references to herding just brought a smile to my face and I had to share ...
Tracey

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 07:41PM »

Well, as long as we're sharing our herding stories...  When I lived in New Mexico, my housemate and I had an Australian shepherd and a blue heeler.  We used to go rock climbing on public land that local ranchers used for cattle grazing.  Sure enough, one day the dogs brought us a cow.  We kept better track of the dogs from then on.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 09:26PM »

Oooooooookayyy.........  Wasn't that a great diary entry Deirdre sent us?   Wink

Maggie
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 12:50AM »

Sorry I'm late getting back to this......

When I was a child & teenager, I spent my Summers on my aunt's farm. (in County Tipperary)
My 3 cousins and I had chores to do, as it was a busy farm.
We used to switch tasks, but I often brought the geese in for the night.
The geese knew the routine, and generally cooperated as I rounded them up in the field, and herded them toward the gate.
However, the gander sometimes had other ideas.
Typical male, he had to assert his authority!
It wasn't very far for them to waddle along the road, but he objected to me being in charge of his ladies.
He was in back of the geese, squawking at the top of his lungs.
As I opened the farmyard gate, the gander ran up behind me and bit me on the butt.

I also sometimes brought the cows in for milking. That was easy, as the border collie knew every cow and rounded them all up. I couldn't use the border collie with the geese.

countrygal

Tha mo chas air ceann mo naimhdean

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 08:59AM »

I wonder if it is easier to herd geese and cows then herd goats, ducks and chickens.  Huh

Funny story Maggie. That must of hurt!

Jami

I love Aragorn!
Texan

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 07:46PM »

"As I opened the farmyard gate, the gander ran up behind me and bit me on the butt."

You are precious Maggie. That did get me laughing.  I have hereded cows for milking too when I was a kid. No dog, but it was easy. Just a certain kind of holler would do it. But I carried a stick if needed.

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: