Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tir Na nÓg to be published on Friday!  (Read 25723 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2015, 12:22PM »

But wasn't the HfC DVD released BEFORE it's pbs premiere?

avalonfreak06

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2015, 12:31PM »

But wasn't the HfC DVD released BEFORE it's pbs premiere?

I think so, but the CD was released a whole year before that. So we knew what the music sounded like ahead of time.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2015, 12:36PM »

Yes, of cours,e but that's not what I mean. I mean... why should we only get the cd or dvd AFTER the tv airing?

avalonfreak06

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2015, 12:38PM »

I agree...its the mystery of CW and their relationship with PBS. Who knows.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2015, 12:53PM »

I wonder why pbs published promotional pictures, but no photos of the Destiny show. Didn't they always do that? They did with HfC... we don't even know what the dresses look like, apart from one of Susan's and the top parts of one of each other girl. We don't know what the ceili or other act dresses look like, we don't know Méav's or Rebecca's dresses. Grmpf :/

avalonfreak06

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2015, 12:55PM »

I wonder why pbs published promotional pictures, but no photos of the Destiny show. Didn't they always do that? They did with HfC... we don't even know what the dresses look like, apart from one of Susan's and the top parts of one of each other girl. We don't know what the ceili or other act dresses look like, we don't know Méav's or Rebecca's dresses. Grmpf :/

There is a new photo out that is in one of these threads that has all new dresses in them from Destiny, but no show pics. The promo pics were even taken after the taping so thats why the timing of everything is so weird.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2015, 12:58PM »

Yes, that was the one I meant. We see the tops of each girl's dresses. Also, there has been a backstage picture of Susan with Oonagh in the same dress as this picture. And a rehearsal picture of Máiréad N in a purple dress, but it was difficult to see. Aah, well...

As the dresses from the photo are very similar, I hope the dresses of the other act are going to look more... diverse.

avalonfreak06

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2015, 01:49PM »

The version of this song im listening to on Amazon, you can really hear Mairead voice throughout! On the Itunes clip, I heard you can hear Eabha sing a small solo in it.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2015, 02:18PM »

The songs on Spotify? Huh
avalonfreak06

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2015, 03:09PM »

The songs on Spotify? Huh

Not US Spotify Sad
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2015, 03:46PM »

Oh Sad
Eric90

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2015, 05:34PM »

maybe someone from Germany will upload it to Youtube or something

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2015, 06:41PM »

Darn it's not on US iTunes.

I dont see that happening for a while. I bet Destiny wont be available for pre-order until it shows on PBS in December. Thats just my prediction.  At least we will get clips here and there to last us until it actually releases for us.
I remember we got the trailer and clips from sfth up to to months before the actual release of the cd/DVD and one month before the airing of it on PBS
Actually, that's not true. The SFTH Trailer was released in November 2009 (and the special aired in November too) according to the clip's upload date. Believe trailer was released late October 2011 while the show aired end of November. The management isn't being as stingy as everyone thinks. If anything, they're being rather consistent.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:29PM by mattycakes » Logged
firefly_melody

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2015, 07:18PM »

Found a small snippet on amazon de http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=oonagh+celtic+woman.
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2015, 12:18AM »

Yeah it's very Oonagh style, but I  wouldn't consider it German Pop at all  Grin it sounds more like East Asia pop

German pop would be like Revolverheld and stuff

Just heard the snippet yet but I really like it!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: