Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skylands  (Read 12382 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: October 20, 2015, 08:48AM »

Is ist just me, or does Skylands not sound like CW song at all? I wonder what's up with it.

Breno

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:06AM »

Absolutely strange for CW, yes. Lets see if the whole song is more appropriate.
Excalibur

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 10:28AM »

It sounds more like Runrig (which I love, btw)  Grin

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 11:13AM »

Yep, it may be jsut the sample.

Also, it probably is another collaboration we don't know of yet. Or for a certain occasion. There might be another reason for this song, because it doesn't seem to fit as a typical group song for CW.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 09:52AM »

No, it doesn't I'm trying to figure out how it will sound on tour. This is toooo new for CW this is very Irish in the woods kind of style
like a fairytale in Shrek. Cheesy Mairead C's solo's I'm surprised outside Keep from Singing which I have no idea how it sounds, who sings it.
They are very slow, whispery, almost silent background.. I wanted a song, not Mairead C walking through the woods wondering
with her voice Cheesy Cheesy that's how it sounds, I'm sorry..I had thought's of a big number like Let The River Run..

Skyrim, Ride On & I see Fire are the same style.. How Can I Keep From Singing --is Eabha 2nd solo? or is it for Mairead N Huh..

I don't hear Meav on Westering Home or else she's at the end when they do the walk part.

Eabha's solo reminds me of a new approach similar like Lynn when singing My Lagon Love.

Susan of all has the Best 2 solo's. She resembles Chloe's style in one of them, and Lisa Kelly style in the second.
Now she has her own piece of the Moon whereas Lisa K has The Moon's a Harsh Mistress..How Cool is that, they share
the Moon, but their own Moon Grin..At Last!!!

All in all, Susan and the newer girls carry the new style of CW Era whereas Meav and Rebecca sing on the songs of what we know and love style of CW. My favorite of everything is Óró sé so bheatha 'bhaile because it's powerful, harmonizes and it's sound, appeals to the CW style of today it's the Celtic Woman in 2016 I want to stick by. The other song's are more another Ireland Group..very deep in Irish environment form.

I feel Ter Na Nog is the new Ceili song more as the next Níl Sen La instead of Tar.
The other song is good too but they wear the blue dresses no Ceili style dress change.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:18AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 05:33PM »

How Can I Keep From Singing is Éabha's first solo Smiley

I have now listened to the whole Skylands song. Unusual, but very nice, actually.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 09:06AM »

ShiningBright, how did you listen to the whole songs? Do you have the CD? or Spotify, I don't think it has it.. Smiley

How Can I Keep From Singing is Éabha's first solo Smiley

I have now listened to the whole Skylands song. Unusual, but very nice, actually.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 09:16AM »

German Spotify has it. That's how I wrote the review. I wouldn't do that based on the samples...

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 10:52AM »

Thank's Of course>!
German Spotify has it. That's how I wrote the review. I wouldn't do that based on the samples...

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 04:31PM »

No, it doesn't I'm trying to figure out how it will sound on tour. This is toooo new for CW this is very Irish in the woods kind of style
like a fairytale in Shrek. Cheesy Mairead C's solo's I'm surprised outside Keep from Singing which I have no idea how it sounds, who sings it.
They are very slow, whispery, almost silent background.. I wanted a song, not Mairead C walking through the woods wondering
with her voice Cheesy Cheesy that's how it sounds, I'm sorry..I had thought's of a big number like Let The River Run..

Skyrim, Ride On & I see Fire are the same style.. How Can I Keep From Singing --is Eabha 2nd solo? or is it for Mairead N Huh..

I don't hear Meav on Westering Home or else she's at the end when they do the walk part.

Eabha's solo reminds me of a new approach similar like Lynn when singing My Lagon Love.

Susan of all has the Best 2 solo's. She resembles Chloe's style in one of them, and Lisa Kelly style in the second.
Now she has her own piece of the Moon whereas Lisa K has The Moon's a Harsh Mistress..How Cool is that, they share
the Moon, but their own Moon Grin..At Last!!!

All in all, Susan and the newer girls carry the new style of CW Era whereas Meav and Rebecca sing on the songs of what we know and love style of CW. My favorite of everything is Óró sé so bheatha 'bhaile because it's powerful, harmonizes and it's sound, appeals to the CW style of today it's the Celtic Woman in 2016 I want to stick by. The other song's are more another Ireland Group..very deep in Irish environment form.

I feel Ter Na Nog is the new Ceili song more as the next Níl Sen La instead of Tar.
The other song is good too but they wear the blue dresses no Ceili style dress change.
and lisa lambe in the bloody irish had a "moon" song and it was a power house of a song! Not to be o/t but our girls def. have done well in general w these songs and are great!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 12:33PM »

Old topic but was this song ever performed live? I haven't even heard the full song. Huh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: