Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour Dates February 2016  (Read 8695 times)
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« on: October 22, 2015, 10:47AM »

Tourdates for D & AT

03.02.2016 Berlin (D) - Friedrichstadtpalast
04.02.2016 Hamburg (D) - Mehr! Theater
05.02.2016 Bremen (D) - Musical Theater
06.02.2016 Köln (D) - Palladium
10.02.2016 Hannover (D) - Theater am Aegi
11.02.2016 Leipzig (D) - Haus Auensee
13.02.2016 Mannheim (D) - Rosengarten
14.02.2016 Nürnberg (D) - Meistersingerhalle
16.02.2016 Stuttgart (D) - Liederhalle
20.02.2016 Wien (AT) - Stadthalle

I got my tickets for Köln already  Grin

Breno

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 11:12AM »

Lucky.  Smiley
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:08AM »

Just found out somebody's ticket had Oognah in as special guest! Must be only for Germany..though?

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 09:21AM »

Austria as well

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 01:22PM »

I wonder when they're going to release the US tour schedule for next year.

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 01:26PM »

July 2047
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 01:37PM »

Around mid-December i would guess. probably the 1st week 'Destiny' airs on PBS, if not a few days before.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 05:01PM »

some venues have released dates, if you check ticket master, presale starts in a few weeks

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 10:08AM »

I received an email from CW today with the tour dates.  They are listed on the CW website now. Smiley
avalonfreak06

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 10:41AM »

Not a very good schedule yet...LOL....Hoping its not complete. Not as much midwest as usual. No St. Louis on the spring schedule for the 2nd year in a row! I sure hope this changes!
dbbii

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 11:44AM »

I'm going to have to do some real soul searching and decide if I really want to go thru the hassle (and expense) of traveling to a bunch of venues again next year.    I'm really disappointed in the Meet & Greets again.  You are pushed thru so much it's almost not worth it.  Plus, after again spending a not insignificant amount of money on the Akron show, they again held it in a bleeping stairwell!

I'm lucky there's a couple shows in Florida so I can drive.  As I much as I hate TicketMaster, maybe I just try to buy a good seat and give up the M&G.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 12:59PM »

Traveling expenses in advance hands for 2015 was worth it, but CW did not give any advance up for such an amazing tour of options. Embarrassed Since you could early invested & had a different version of the show & M&G each time from Meav, Lynn, Lynn plus Alex & Alex, special 1 time songs performed whether the voice or dulaman sung from a former member for the first time! This 2016 any of those dates will pretty much be the exact same, show, just expense for different stairs or M&G platform.

can you please let me know what you mean as pushed? thanks Wink 

I'm going to have to do some real soul searching and decide if I really want to go thru the hassle (and expense) of traveling to a bunch of venues again next year.    I'm really disappointed in the Meet & Greets again.  You are pushed thru so much it's almost not worth it.  Plus, after again spending a not insignificant amount of money on the Akron show, they again held it in a bleeping stairwell!

I'm lucky there's a couple shows in Florida so I can drive.  As I much as I hate TicketMaster, maybe I just try to buy a good seat and give up the M&G.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:01PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
dbbii

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 08:57AM »

I've been following CW for about 8 years.  I've averaged 6 or 7 shows a year, with a number of them being M&G.  Going back several years ago, the M&G started out after the show.  You got to meet 2 of the girls, and they signed autographs.  It was a costly challenge, but ultimately I have several photos signed by "all" of the girls. 

Then, I think about 3 years ago, they tried doing the M&G right before the show.  You got all 4 girls, but only got a photo with them.  Since it was before the show, someone from CW kept hurrying everyone along so the show would start on time. 

After a lot of complaints, they moved the M&G back to after the show.  What I mean by rushed is just that.  What you do is walk down the line and shake hands.  Maybe you are able to say "great show", but that's about it because whoever is taking the photos is saying "line up".  I can understand that in most cases, everyone wants to get on the bus and off to the next venue.  I get that the travel schedule is brutal. 

I appreciate the opportunities I have had to interact with the girls over the years.  I know that Mairead C recognizes me and I'm pretty sure Susan does to.  Again, that's partially a function of some of the earlier M&G where they were signing things.  That just took a little longer and, since everything was personalized, they kept seeing your name written down.

One of my favorite stories had to do with a M&G in my hometown of Tampa.  M&G had about 20 people.  PBS did it right.  We had a little "pre-M&G" reception in one of the Performing Arts Center lobbies.   I was maybe 17 or 18 in line.  Chloe and Mairead were at the M&G.  This was when they had the girls sitting behind a table signing things.  You could take pictures, but they were mostly of the candid variety.  I was apparently the only one who had been to a show before.  M&C were their normal charming selves making small talk with everyone.  Did you like the show, etc.  When I got to the table, Chloe recognized me, got up and came around the table to give me a hug.  (the CW rep wasn't too happy).  As I was leaving, the PBS rep asked how in the world did I get a hug when they were told the girls were not allowed to come around the table? 

Anyway, I will accept those days are past.  Yes, we get a picture, unfortunately, most of the later ones I have are lousy.  Bad location.  Bad lighting.  Bad photographer.  At a minimum, I'm easily spending $500 a show, including travel, etc.   In some cases, a lot more.  I'm OK with the money, but I've got all the photos I need.  The main reason I pursue potential M&G is I want really good tickets (think front row) and I'm willing to pay for them.  In the 2014 tour, PBS tickets were not that great (think 8-10 rows back).  Yes, I'm spoiled.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 09:22AM »

Last year, I got lucky with the PBS ticket, it was in the first row of the section just behind the orchestra pit

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 10:09AM »

I am aware how the M&G's are, I've seen clips, and as much as I love an autograph, a picture with them no matter the quality,
be a dream. When they are sitting at a table, it's not as great, of course they do share wonderful compliments about you.
My favorite is the M&G recently this year from CWX with all of them outside the tour bus. You could sense how sweet down to earth Susan is as a person. Mairead is alway's connective in most ways, The most heart moving was by far Meav, she not only was signing, but shared her experience from where she got her photo taken, how it felt that it was cold and everything, she speaks to you not as a fan but like a friend who normally a friend once they knew you well enough then would they be more open to share, as for <Meav doing it to first timer fans is a great way she is to people>. Smiley

Whether the lady was part of PBS or not, to not liking Chloe hugging you, that was Chloe's choice, you didn't ask for one.
Anyhow, you do get great seats, no matter how the M&G turns out.

I have attended CW shows since 2006, & by far was I in dear SHOCK  Shocked when I spotted Sarah & Edel standing footsteps from me holding the programs!. After the show, I thought I was too late for one last round conversation, so I waved bye, they both turned their faces for me, funny enough, they just went around walking around the other way back to where the entrance and gift stands were because they aren't familiar with the civic center which way, I thought they were leaving, since audiences don't walk by that direction.
My mom took a video, it didn't ever record through, but that's ok, I thought they were uncomfortable of us filming, so either way I'm okay with it/
I have a photo with them and speaking to them without a M&G is the best thing I could ask of!!x  Cool

I missed a shot of meeting Mairead C outside the civic center on the side walk all by herself, no one else. As we were about to give up and decided to leave, a few instances after from afar we saw Mairead C walking out from the venue opening a gate, she spotted a group of men around cars, maybe waved or say hi, I don't think they knew who she was, maybe thought oh some girl. we followed a bit where she was going, she was circling the perimeter's of the civic center all by herself, wanted to discover I guess, on the other side we can stand where the tour bus would depart, and saw Susan with a sun hat, making her way up the hill to where we were, she probably wanted to take a stroll just like MC did. The difference
there was a car in front with the motor on, looked bizarre, like the one in the car knew about what was going on, that somehow made Susan resist continuing since you never know a person in a car there waiting may not be safe. While we waited where the tour buses were, Brian was on his phone, next to us, thought he was a regular person, but no,me and my mom got to chat ourselves, I'm the same age, but don't look like I am, I told him about MC and asked if he knew Lynn's age Wink haha. he had no idea. I would of loved to spot Lynn, At that time I had no idea if she would continue as a current CW member. I told Sarah that my wish to see Emerald came true, by the same lineup and asked them to say a very Thank You for Lynn touring for the Anniversary. We got soo close to Mairead C that we were to go up to her and say Hello, welcome, when we turned because we thought she would turn, she kept going straight, I could of shouted hey, I didn't, I guess I didn't want to be disappointed if she didn't turn or say hello, she probably would, hi is hi. how dumb Smiley We respected her...x

PS> She was in like as if a white mini top and dress in white with a shoulder purse walking in boots or open heel shoes could of thought she was going to Florida State University just across the street.

I appreciate the opportunities I have had to interact with the girls over the years.  I know that Mairead C recognizes me and I'm pretty sure Susan does to.  Again, that's partially a function of some of the earlier M&G where they were signing things.  That just took a little longer and, since everything was personalized, they kept seeing your name written down.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:50AM by rfcw » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: