Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite Mairéad solo with CW  (Read 9095 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: October 22, 2015, 06:00PM »

Mine is still Scarlet Ribbons, but I love them all...

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 08:06PM »

I picked Scarlett Ribbons too, but I also love them all. Although I haven't yet heard the full versions of the two new songs, but I like what I've heard so far. Mairead can sing the phone book!

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 04:08AM »

Out of the new songs, I prefer Like An Angel Passing Through My Room by far over I See Fire.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 10:57PM »

I went with I Know My Love. That song was so much fun! Granted it didn't show off her range but if it would've been put in place of either one of her Destiny solos, she's have been in better shape. I honestly don't really care for either of her Destiny solos much.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 02:25AM »

I loved that one too! I know, many people don't like the song or her version of it, but I love it!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 07:30AM »

I loved that one too! I know, many people don't like the song or her version of it, but I love it!
WHY though?! I never understood why some people didn't like it and literally no one gave me an answer!!!
Excalibur

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 07:47AM »

I personally don't like the arrangement. I think the Roots of Ireland version was much better, but of course it is personal taste.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 07:58AM »

I assume it's because of the slightly off-beat and edgy arrangement. But I think that is exactly why I love it so much Cheesy

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 08:52AM »

Yeah same here!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 09:15AM »

I loved it! It was not only fun to listen to but fun to watch! I saw her perform it last year in concert, and I was blown away!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 11:31AM »

I loved it! It was not only fun to listen to but fun to watch! I saw her perform it last year in concert, and I was blown away!
Same! She was a ball of fire in that little number!
Hollie

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 05:34AM »

I like Nella Fantasia as it's the only solo I've heard Mairead sing live.  Would be better if Newgrange was still her solo too.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 10:28AM »

I like Nella Fantasia as it's the only solo I've heard Mairead sing live.  Would be better if Newgrange was still her solo too.
Yeah that's pretty stupid. No idea why they didn't just give Eabha Dulaman as her first act solo and Mairead could've kept Newgrange.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 11:44AM »

Same here! I pick Newgrange as the Best for Her so far! I absolutely love her's over Orla's offense I'm into both, but there's a different atmosphere to it. Mairead's sounds historic like Stone Henge while Orla sounds medival like a church on top of a hill rather differently.

Nella Fantasia will always be Chloë or Alex Tongue..
Alex would been even better than Newgrange I don't know how her version sounded!

I like Nella Fantasia as it's the only solo I've heard Mairead sing live.  Would be better if Newgrange was still her solo too.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 11:49AM »

Eabha is too deep in my opinion for a song like Dulaman.
MC can do Dulman, Susan Newgrange Cheesy because I'm starting to second guess Susan on Dulaman.

Yeah that's pretty stupid. No idea why they didn't just give Eabha Dulaman as her first act solo and Mairead could've kept Newgrange.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: