Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Videos from Destiny?  (Read 33928 times)
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2016, 01:20PM »

I don't know or ever heard anybody close to Meav's sound, and voice outside Lynn Hilary yet Lynn is still Lynn, not at all ..
That's clearly Meav otherwise I'd be stunned.  Shocked

Although Lynn's Danny Boy solo in 2007 replicated surprisingly close then. Wink

Is there a clip example you can share that points out how close MC sounds to Chloe? I don't agree in my opinion they sound exactly the same at times..nope.
We use to thought Susan register was really close to Alex, but that has changed since after Believe same way too.

I guess you both dont have the DVD yet...  The choir members names are listed in the DVD insert. ( I dont have the CD but the choir members would be the same)  Peoples voices can sound a lot like other peoples. I hear what you hear and while that does sound like Meav, i can see who is singing those notes.  For instance, Mairead Carlin REALLY sounds a LOT like Chloe at some points, and it can be really spooky. It happens in the DVD at least twice.  

*oh, and anyone who says they lipsynch are the ones who havent been to a CW concert
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:24PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2016, 01:45PM »

I have seen them in concert 6 times, and I can say for a fact that they do NOT lip sync. I can hear their unamplified voices.

I can't believe this ridiculous argument is still going on after over 11 years. If Celtic Woman really lip syncs, they would've been caught a LONG time ago. They wouldn't still be together today.

Excalibur

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2016, 03:07PM »

I didn't say they lypsinc in their live concerts. I said that their DVD performances clearly have the studio audio track instead of the actual live voice. Didn't any of you catch the moments when the girls don't move their lips and yet the voices come out (especially Eabha)? Didn't anybody see the SFTH bonus footage when the lights go out and the instruments and the voices of the girls stop playing at the same moment? Didn't any of you hear Méav's voice in a performance without Méav?

Tell me Tiffany, can you really tell me for sure that they do sound exactly live the studio version when they perform on tour? I know they don't, they're great but they don't so why does it happen in the DVDs if they are live?

Do you know that the choral part for Little Drummer Boy was performed only by Brian Dunphy (with an Enya-like multivocal technique) for the album, and yet it sounds exactly the same on the DVD where it was supposed to be sung by a full choir?
Do you know that the male solo part in Dulaman was performed by Paul McGough on the ANJ CD/DVD and yet sounded exaclty the same even on tour (before Ray took that part over) when Paul was no longer with them?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:09PM by Excalibur » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2016, 04:43PM »

Excalibur, you didn't mention any Lip-sync at all, until the post that came up after you there was a mentioning of Lip-sync.
Perhaps you forgot to mention DVD only, that's why the rest is considering whether you been to a concert or not.
That doesn't mean someone can say you see them lip-syncing well the girl is moving while the voice sound particularly Meav,
but staying with the topic. If they had a choir member whose voice was so accurately as
her's it still would been ironic have not had Meav do it probably be a world record for CW to have found a singer identically match in talent in the same special Meav is on. Meav has a unique sound and if it were true then that's incredible, have this choir member be the Meav we need on tour for Destiny this year. Cheesy Even if it was Meav who done it in studio form and the girl acted for the Special, it would not be lip-sync, studio sync.. still not good for a special perhaps only for this song.

Interesting observations,  The DVD special's having funny things I don't know why, it's a taped event it has to be perfect that the live tour's definitely don't have whereas ..- you would think it be the opposite.  The tours are long, whether they have back up, because what were to happen if one of the girls lost their voice, would they do something? It never happened for ten years I don't know.
I don't want to jump in to this but referring to the SFTH bonus footage, are you referring to the power outage during
Goodnight My Angel? If so, Lisa Kelly to stop so sudden, yes she could of kept on..but the surprise of the lighting would make her stop in shock or upon surprise.  On the topic of the girls not moving their lips and yet the voices coming out (especially Eabha)?
What song is that? I thought it was but that's not speaking of You Raise Me Up since Susan's part she sings, whereas Eabha moves but no sound.

Smiley Even I forgotten that Ray wasn't always the solo singer in Dulaman!x

I didn't say they lypsinc in their live concerts. I said that their DVD performances clearly have the studio audio track instead of the actual live voice. Didn't any of you catch the moments when the girls don't move their lips and yet the voices come out (especially Eabha)? Didn't anybody see the SFTH bonus footage when the lights go out and the instruments and the voices of the girls stop playing at the same moment? Didn't any of you hear Méav's voice in a performance without Méav?

Tell me Tiffany, can you really tell me for sure that they do sound exactly live the studio version when they perform on tour? I know they don't, they're great but they don't so why does it happen in the DVDs if they are live?

Do you know that the choral part for Little Drummer Boy was performed only by Brian Dunphy (with an Enya-like multivocal technique) for the album, and yet it sounds exactly the same on the DVD where it was supposed to be sung by a full choir?
Do you know that the male solo part in Dulaman was performed by Paul McGough on the ANJ CD/DVD and yet sounded exaclty the same even on tour (before Ray took that part over) when Paul was no longer with them?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:52PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2016, 06:34PM »

If they lip-synched on the other DVDs they were much better at hiding it than Destiny. The Whole Of The Moon is a good example of that. There were layers of choral parts and the lip synch to that was terrible.

Now! For all we know, for the DVDs, they may simply put the studio version in during post production in place of the live singing. It's completely stupid, but not unheard of, for that to happen. On Tour, it's always been live. Excalibur was never disputing that. He was pointing out the blatant lip synching in this special. I've seen it before. At the end of YBIMH, on the DVD, you can hear the fade away of Alex in the background. And during the Believe version of Awakening, Lisa K sang along to parts that she didn't actually sing.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2016, 06:45PM »

I have a feeling that's exactly what they do for the DVDs. I've seen them on tour, and I know they're definitely live then. I've heard differences from the recordings, and people have been out of tune before. It happens!
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2016, 10:46PM »

Now! For all we know, for the DVDs, they may simply put the studio version in during post production in place of the live singing. It's completely stupid, but not unheard of, for that to happen. On Tour, it's always been live. Excalibur was never disputing that. He was pointing out the blatant lip synching in this special. I've seen it before. At the end of YBIMH, on the DVD, you can hear the fade away of Alex in the background. And during the Believe version of Awakening, Lisa K sang along to parts that she didn't actually sing.

This makes total sense and IS definitely heard of. This isnt a bad thing at all, but i guess they do need people that are better at lining up the audio tracks to the video b/c there were 2-3 weird spots in the DVD that i noticed. Smiley lol Roll Eyes Tongue

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Excalibur

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55AM »

Thank heaven someone noticed those things too Smiley For all these reasons I do believe it's Mèav on Skyrim, and they should have shown her - unless she herself chose not to appear in the song for some reason, maybe she didn't want to steal the scene too much...

Excalibur

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2016, 03:57AM »

On the topic of the girls not moving their lips and yet the voices coming out (especially Eabha)?
What song is that? I thought it was but that's not speaking of You Raise Me Up since Susan's part she sings, whereas Eabha moves but no sound.

The first one that comes to my mind is during Bean Phaidin, when all the girls form a row. Look closely at Eabha and you'll see there's a moment when she's supposed to sing but her mouth is closed.

Excalibur

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2016, 04:05AM »

By the way, I really think it's unnecessary for them to line the studio tracks with the live DVD performances. I get that everyone likes to watch and hear a perfect performance, but little mistakes are part of the beauty of a live concert. The Blessing on ANJ is undoubtedly live if compared to the studio version, like Ave Maria on Emerald (unlike the Believe one, which uses the studio track, except for the pre-recorder choir), or Bridge Over Troubled Water by Lisa L, and they were all pretty amazing. I think it wouldn't be that bad to have a DVD with a full live sound, who cares if they make a couple of mistakes, all the best ones do Smiley If one wants to hear a perfect sound, there are always the CDs Smiley

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2016, 04:28AM »

On the topic of the girls not moving their lips and yet the voices coming out (especially Eabha)?

The first one that comes to my mind is during Bean Phaidin, when all the girls form a row. Look closely at Eabha and you'll see there's a moment when she's supposed to sing but her mouth is closed.

Yes I noticed as well that Eabha keeps singing before the violin solo in YRMU but Susan is only one that can be heard. Did you notice as well that the choir members don't have headset mic (they didn't have mics as well in the first DVD)

It's been years that they used the studio tracks as well for the choir on tour especially for Mo Ghile Mear, Amazing Grace and You Raise Me Up. It doesn't bother me that much though since the girls are not lip-syncing and we all know how talented they are.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:42AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2016, 08:44AM »

By the way, I really think it's unnecessary for them to line the studio tracks with the live DVD performances. I get that everyone likes to watch and hear a perfect performance, but little mistakes are part of the beauty of a live concert.

I think it wouldn't be that bad to have a DVD with a full live sound, who cares if they make a couple of mistakes, all the best ones do Smiley If one wants to hear a perfect sound, there are always the CDs Smiley

That's part of the reason why I love Adele. Anyone who hasn't seen her Royal Albert Hall show needs to. She started one song, Take It All, sang the first chords, then stopped, declaring "That was a $%&t note! Let's start again!"

As for the choir, they've always layered the choir soundtrack in with the Live feed of the choir. That's probably cuz the Tour choir is smaller than the Show choir. And some songs (Ave and She Moved Through spring to mind) need the larger choral accompaniment.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2016, 09:29AM »

1. For once Emerald as a live show recording, even that they made it sound studio perfect, except for the Tadadadeeda On Tar.
2. I don't mind if Eabha is singing quietly along even by oops to YRMP, they never had a dual in that part not since ANJ with Hayley.
3. As for any singing where they don't I have not capped and that may be more a problem.
Alex fading, possible, but Alex doing the lower registers although we hear her low register so dominantly well on Isle Of Hope.
Doing lower like Orla tends to fade for Chloë, Lisa & Meav most dominant in sound focus.
4. Adele is amazing Wink My favorite idol to sing or sing second to CW. Though it's hard to pick who's my number 1 CW or Adele.
5. I always loved CW specials being sounding different than the CD version.  Smiley
There is an example where a HFC song I assume is shorter on the CD than on the DVD.

Question of Wonder
If SDS was on Emerald DVD like the tour instead of Awakening,
I wonder if the extended version be sung for the first time on DVD, or
would they not just on tour and still do the shorter ANJ version.
That's an interesting question there.. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:33AM by rfcw » Logged

Dan

Éireannach

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2016, 07:40AM »

I know we see a choir member singing the part of the song that sounds like Méav, but come on, it's absurde thinking that. Why give a solo to a girl that sounds like Méav when you have Méav right there as a guest, choir director and vocal coach? Come on Tongue The fact that we see the girl is because she is lypsincing Méav's voice, and don't tell me these performances are not lypsinced because, admit it or not, we all know they are.

When it comes to a DVD, I don't believe it's lipsynced. What's most likely happening is the recording is done live, but when it goes to DVD, they want it to sound just like the accompanying album, so it gets dubbed with a studio recording. Prime example is during Songs from the Heart. During "The Call," it's quite obvious they switch from a dub to Alex's live vocals in the first and second verses, as she didn't sing Orla's parts on the recordinf. A lot of artists do it. Because of this, you ARE hearing Meav in the choir. She is credited with vocals on that track on Destiny.

Their live shows are just that: live. Granted, since they tour with a smaller ensemble than is on a DVD, and due to some songs being written for four vocalists/changing members, there is some audible help on stage. Susan, Mairead, Eabha, and Mairead are always live, there's just some backing tracks for extra oomph. 

20 June 2007-Portland, ME
22 March 2012-Manchester, NH
2 March 2013-Portland, ME
30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 March 2015-Portland, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
9 April 2017-Portland, ME
4 April 2018-Portland, ME
Sorgi

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2016, 11:16AM »

I know we see a choir member singing the part of the song that sounds like Méav, but come on, it's absurde thinking that. Why give a solo to a girl that sounds like Méav when you have Méav right there as a guest, choir director and vocal coach? Come on Tongue The fact that we see the girl is because she is lypsincing Méav's voice, and don't tell me these performances are not lypsinced because, admit it or not, we all know they are.

When it comes to a DVD, I don't believe it's lipsynced. What's most likely happening is the recording is done live, but when it goes to DVD, they want it to sound just like the accompanying album, so it gets dubbed with a studio recording. Prime example is during Songs from the Heart. During "The Call," it's quite obvious they switch from a dub to Alex's live vocals in the first and second verses, as she didn't sing Orla's parts on the recordinf. A lot of artists do it. Because of this, you ARE hearing Meav in the choir. She is credited with vocals on that track on Destiny.

Their live shows are just that: live. Granted, since they tour with a smaller ensemble than is on a DVD, and due to some songs being written for four vocalists/changing members, there is some audible help on stage. Susan, Mairead, Eabha, and Mairead are always live, there's just some backing tracks for extra oomph. 

...and a lot of the times there are problems with live recordings, people coughing at the wrong point, sound from backstage that bleeds into the mics or something goes wrong with the sound board.  You may not notice them during the live show but all that stuff ends up on the audio track thanks to their mic packs.
   In TV shows they sometimes have to send the actors to ADR (Automated dialogue replacement) where the actors have to re record some of their lines then have sound engineers splice the into the tape, usually because someone goofed up or a plane flew over things like that. 
What they are trying to do is present the best show possible for the DVD, if for some reason the live audio isn't right they'll replace it with the studio version.

-Dan

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: