Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O Tannenbaum with Mairead and Eabha  (Read 5029 times)
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« on: December 24, 2015, 05:14PM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE Grin Grin Grin

https://youtu.be/vZDGsmeRwgM

This was broadcast earlier on ZDF (German tv) I was astonished by Mairead Carlin's voice especially on the last verse. She did an amazing job on Meav's part  Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 05:22PM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 05:38PM »

This is certainly very lovely, especially the end! However, I think Éabha and Mai C seemed a tiny bit uncomfortable. Susan was absolutely perfect in her solo part (better than in HfC!) but I think the other two were simply chosen to sing the parts of the girls they've "replaced". Of course, Mai was to sing the ending lines and she was perfect at it. But her voice sounded a bit hard and cold when she sang the Italian lines. Unlike her, Éabha did have some trouble pronouncing the German lines. That is of course no problem in general, but in her case it distracted her singing and breathing a bit. She seemed to have a tiny bit of a hard time and didn't really get a chance to show of her gorgeous voice. If they'd have switched those first to verses, Éabha would have gotten the chance to show her beautiful, soft and rich voice (her high notes are really great!), while Mairéad would have sung lines that would suit her better, especially since German works better with some "harder" notes than Italian. Of course, it's very nice the way it is! But I think it seemed a tiny bit unbalanced. It is slightly irritating when you see something that is not as good as it could be, because these foru women are wonderful performers and the arrangement should have been adjusted to them better instead of re-using an old arrangement that wasn't specifically made for them. Then again, it might simpyl be because it's a tv appearance. CW are always brilliant, but they are their best on stage. On tv, they are simply good, because they are absolutely unable to be anything else than fantastic.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 06:59PM »

OMG this is sooooooooo beautiful! Thank you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: