Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: European Tour  (Read 12836 times)
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 05:05PM »

They aren't doing Mo Ghile Mear this time around.  Cry Cry Cry
I just.... I can't even.... WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

For God's sake I could've done without Orinoco Flow! And especially You Raise Me Up! Just bring back Mo Ghile Mear!

Yeah me too, Mo Ghile Mear is surely my favorite song!!! Cry I was nearly sure they would keep it in the show ! I am surprised to see The Parting Glass gone Shocked

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 09:23PM »

For God's sake I could've done without Orinoco Flow! And especially You Raise Me Up! Just bring back Mo Ghile Mear!

Yeah me too, Mo Ghile Mear is surely my favorite song!!! Cry I was nearly sure they would keep it in the show ! I am surprised to see The Parting Glass gone Shocked
I'm not too surprised to see The Parting Glass gone. After all, it's been with us since 2012. But I really could do without YRMU! Mo Ghile Mear is my favorite CW song!
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 05:23AM »

I'm not too surprised to see The Parting Glass gone. After all, it's been with us since 2012. But I really could do without YRMU! Mo Ghile Mear is my favorite CW song!

I think Westering Home is considered as the new Mo Ghile Mear/The Parting Glass. I really love this song as well but Celtic Woman and David produced such a unique and perfect rendition of Mo Ghile Mear, at every show I went I was always looked forward to hear and sang along hahaha

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 11:32AM »

I think Westering Home is considered as the new Mo Ghile Mear/The Parting Glass. I really love this song as well but Celtic Woman and David produced such a unique and perfect rendition of Mo Ghile Mear, at every show I went I was always looked forward to hear and sang along hahaha
I can see Westering Home being the new show ending in place of The Parting Glass. It's a song that hearkens back to the place where one grew up, the joy of returning there, and the feeling of happiness at being with your family.

But Mo Ghile Mear is a classic! It's been around since the first tour and is one of those songs that every Celtic Woman fan knows! Personally, I feel they should've started the second act with Mo Ghile Mear and then did Skyrim. Those two songs would work beautifully together. And since Mairead comes out at the end of Mo Ghile Mear, it'd be the perfect transition into Skyrim.

Plus it's my favorite CW song! It's the song that made me fall in love with them!
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 02:03PM »

Act I is done in Köln. It has been amazing so far. Some songs have slightly different arrangements compared to the Destiny CD which makes them even better. I See Fire for example. The new arrangement of Danny Boy is my favourite of all arrangements so far.
Lookimg forward to acr II

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 03:06PM »

I'd have much rather kept Mo Ghile Mear than Amazing Grace or Orinoco Flow!

avalonfreak06

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 03:46PM »

Who knows, the setlist may change once they land in the USA! Smiley
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 04:52PM »

Éabha sang Harrys Game right before Óró!

Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 06:02PM »

Act I is done in Köln. It has been amazing so far. Some songs have slightly different arrangements compared to the Destiny CD which makes them even better. I See Fire for example. The new arrangement of Danny Boy is my favourite of all arrangements so far.

Was the version of "I See Fire" by any chance similar to the album version.  You know, with Mairead Nesbitt and the choir.

Eric90

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 08:18PM »

I think Eabha should sing all of Orla's old songs!

Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 01:35AM »

Was the version of "I See Fire" by any chance similar to the album version.  You know, with Mairead Nesbitt and the choir.

The arrangement was quite different imo. The song built up more, more orchestra, band and choir towards the end. But no Máiréad

The finale is by Máiréad though. Anthony's bagpipe finale goes right into hers.  Similar to the finale she did earlier with Mo Ghile Mear reprise, with solos by every musician. Then all the girls and choire joined and they did some kind of When You Go reprise, but without leading vocals, just like the backing vocal. After this Finale/When You Go (Reprise) there was a When You Go Playout additionally.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:39AM by Danny » Logged

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 04:18AM »

Also, I'd have much rather At The Ceili as the ceili song. Nil Se'n La is lovely, but they have done it just too often, while they haven't performed ATC in AGES, also it's perfect fro three girls - just imagine Susan as Lisa, Éabha as Órlagh and Mairéad as Méav - and also, they would at least feature one David Downes song then.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 08:03AM »

Also, I'd have much rather At The Ceili as the ceili song. Nil Se'n La is lovely, but they have done it just too often, while they haven't performed ATC in AGES, also it's perfect fro three girls - just imagine Susan as Lisa, Éabha as Órlagh and Mairéad as Méav - and also, they would at least feature one David Downes song then.
Much as I hate to poop on anyone's party, but with David no longer being affiliated with Celtic Woman, they may not have the rights to any of his original material.
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 08:16AM »

Also Danny, is it really true that Mo Ghile Mear wasn't performed?

Also, who were the band members?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:18AM by Jonas » Logged

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 08:33AM »

Much as I hate to poop on anyone's party, but with David no longer being affiliated with Celtic Woman, they may not have the rights to any of his original material.

I highly doubt that, otherwise they couldn't use his arrangements either. Also, just because he is not actively working with them, doesn't mean he would take all song rights away from them, considering he wrote the songs for them.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: