Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chloe in Seattle March 20, 2016  (Read 10016 times)
Jim M.
Choir Member

« on: February 11, 2016, 05:37PM »

Chloe has announced she will be appearing at the Youngstown Cultural Arts Center in Seattle on March 20th. Smiley
Libby

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:53PM »

I'm definitely interested in going, but I'm wondering. What songs does she sing in her concerts these days? I've found some videos, but most of them are duets. Unless she brings someone with her, one would expect the duets to be eliminated, for the most part. Also, does she have any plans to make a new solo album? I literally have no idea what to expect. I assume she would sing stuff she used to sing with CW, especially since it's advertised for St. Patrick's day. Since the tickets are really cheap, I'm seriously considering going, but it would be nice to have an idea of what she even sings these days. Thanks. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:27PM by Libby » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 11:46PM »

Chloe had a concert in Dublin last month.  I saw a review on Facebook.  I don't know if she would sing the same songs in Seattle.  She has posted that she was writing songs, hopefully for a new album.  You could ask her on Twitter and see if she answers.
firefly_melody

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 02:14PM »

This song is so beautiful. https://youtu.be/H2bkjWsC7GU
Libby

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 03:22PM »

Well, I replied to Dermot's tweet which was also directed at Chloe, and asked if he was joining her in Seattle, but no answer. He showed a ticket for the LA show, and said something about "our St. Paddy's day celebrations", so I couldn't tell if he just meant he'd be attending, which the ticket seems to suggest, or if he'd actually be performing with her.

Do any of you know how to tell if he's going? Would the venues mention it if she had a guest?
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 03:54PM »

I just visited  her  new  website  and  her  Face book  fan page  and  she  offers  no  clue  about  that  in  either  place.  Will  keep my  eyes  peeled.     Undecided

Libby

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 11:50PM »

I saw her new website too. I tried asking them on twitter, but they don't respond (which I wasn't necessarily counting on, but I thought I'd try). She did post a video asking for requests for Irish songs for her to sing, so at least now that gave me some idea of what types of songs to expect. Also, Dermot was playing the piano in the background, so I would have to assume he's included.

I think I'll probably buy tickets soon, anyway, because I really would like to see her live again, since I haven't seen her since my last CW concert in 2010. Plus, the tickets are really cheap, and I'd love to support her in Seattle, so hopefully she'll come back other times, too. I'm glad to see that she loves Seattle! Does she have relatives there, or does she just like it there because it rains as much as it probably  does in Ireland?  Cheesy
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 12:09PM »

I do hope to see Chloe soon.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 11:42AM »

Already have my tickets with m&g passes. Should be a great evening.

Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 05:04PM »

We are going to Portland show!!

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Libby

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 01:02AM »

I got my tickets the other day, and Dermot finally responded. It sounds like he's going, too! I hope that means he sings with her a bit, that would be nice.
Libby

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 05:16PM »

I think this instagram post confirms that he's singing with her for these concerts. It says "with special guest Irish tenor Dermot Kiernan". Smiley

http://www.instagram.com/p/BCoFaf-Pjne/
Libby

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 04:46PM »

Tonight's the night! I'll post a report and pics, if I get any good ones, as soon as I can. Smiley
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 04:50PM »

Have a great time! Smiley
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 12:05AM »

I'm replying to this a bit late, but for her solo concerts are just her and Dermot. And the duets between her and Dermot are certainly not to be missed; their voices work together absolutely beautifully. She sang a bunch of Irish songs, and a few songs she sang with CW, such as Galway Bay, Isle of Hope and a few others I think. Suffice it to say, her solo concert is definitely super excellent. Smiley

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: