Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mo Ghile Mear  (Read 3217 times)
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« on: February 16, 2016, 12:58PM »

I'm sure all of you are aware that Mo Ghile Mear is not performed on the Destiny tour.  I was thinking of starting a petition of having them add that song to the setlist.  What are your thoughts on that?

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 02:38PM »

Meav was partly, (if not fully) in charge of picking the songs, and I know with each show, all of the girls pick songs they might want in the show, so whats the big deal if they didnt want it in the show?! it was THEIR DECISION to not include it!  Plus it wasnt performed in the original show at the Helix & that is what it looks like they wanted this show to be similar to. Yes, it is a great song, but they already had YRMU, The Butterfly, Si Do Mhaimeo I as staple songs in the show.

*edit* Oh and sorry I didnt realize you said tour, i wrote that before i saw that. Anyway..since you did say for the tour..I wouldnt rule out the possibility of them adding it as an encore during the U.S. tour and keeping it, since it IS a very popular CW song and has been since they started singing that song. I think they need more group songs, this show seemed to mainly focus on the girls solo songs & that bothered me a tiny bit.  They will end up replacing 'Isle Of Innisfree' with something else & who knows if they will perform 'Tir Na Nog' on their tour in the States. Hopefully they do.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 12:24AM »

Meav was partly, (if not fully) in charge of picking the songs, and I know with each show, all of the girls pick songs they might want in the show, so whats the big deal if they didnt want it in the show?! it was THEIR DECISION to not include it!  Plus it wasnt performed in the original show at the Helix & that is what it looks like they wanted this show to be similar to. Yes, it is a great song, but they already had YRMU, The Butterfly, Si Do Mhaimeo I as staple songs in the show.

*edit* Oh and sorry I didnt realize you said tour, i wrote that before i saw that. Anyway..since you did say for the tour..I wouldnt rule out the possibility of them adding it as an encore during the U.S. tour and keeping it, since it IS a very popular CW song and has been since they started singing that song. I think they need more group songs, this show seemed to mainly focus on the girls solo songs & that bothered me a tiny bit.  They will end up replacing 'Isle Of Innisfree' with something else & who knows if they will perform 'Tir Na Nog' on their tour in the States. Hopefully they do.

You raise some good points there.  It's possible that they could add it for the US tour.  How about this?  If the song still isn't on the setlist when they tour the states, I'll create a petition asking them to add the song back in the setlist in 2017 after they finish their 2016 leg.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:45AM »

I would not object to that at all and I'd sign it!

Personally, I think they should've dropped Orinoco Flow. I would've started the Second Act with Mo Ghile Mear, then had Mairead move into Skyrim (as opposed to Skyrim then moving into Orinoco Flow). Those two songs would go GREAT together!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:28AM »

I Love the two, I would combine them together Mo Ghile/Orinocco Flow or vice versa. Smiley similar to Last Rose Fantasia into Nella or Walking The Night into Give Me Your Hand.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: