Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Advice?  (Read 7746 times)
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« on: March 05, 2016, 07:22PM »

My good friend and I have been getting into fights/arguments for the past couple months now. We've been friends for 3 years, and we used to never get into fights at all. We both had our faults, it wasn't just me. I tried everything I could to make things better again and I apologized a lot. I thought that everything was going to be fine. But then last night he went off on me again, and told me that he never wanted anything to do with me anymore. He insulted me and called me some horrible names. Now he blocked me on all social media, and won't answer my text messages.

I'm just so very upset and heartbroken. It really hurts to lose a friend that I've been so closed to for 3 years now. Does anybody have any advice on how I could handle this situation? I'm really hurting.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 07:51PM »

I'm  sorry  you  had to  witness  this  display Chandler.   Sad  his  behavior  crossed  the  line  into  verbally  abusive .   at  very  best,  he is  just  immature  and  will come  around  eventually.  At worst,  he could  escalate and you don't  want  to be  around  for  that.  You  have  no  obligation  here  except  to  your  own  well  being.  I know  the  instinct is  strong  to  caretake,  here, but he  is  the  one  who  ended  it  if  it  is  ended.    Be on  the  watch  out  for  the  immediate  apology. This  is  often  part  of  a  cycle. I would  keep  my  distance  from  him  for  awhile. i hope this  makes  sens. 

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 12:34AM »

Thank you, James. <3 I sent a you personal message in response.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 06:56AM »

Thank you, James. <3 I sent a you personal message in response.
   Smiley

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 06:43PM »

Chandler, you are obviously a sweet and nice person that DOESN`T deserve being treated that way.......this person is NOT a friend. As hard as it may sound, you need to eliminate this person from your life. DON`T send messages or texts.....just forget him. There`s someone out there that`s EXACTLY the right person for you. You`ll see, he`ll show up and then you`ll say " dang...how did they know??"   It called EXPERIENCE....as in " been there...done that"

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 09:34AM »

My advice to you Chandler is to give himself space, & see what goes from there. My experiences have been similarly but different,
sometimes you can be the one able to say sorry, but the other may not see or view that they've done anything wrong themselves even if they did, if they see that you able to apologize on your behalf of pie then he should see greatly to do it too, after all you mention you have done parts also. It takes 2 for everything, 2 for connection, It took the 2 of you to make the friendship be last 3 years. Just acknowledge to him that we both truthfully made something together for this friendship to hault. Unless, you haven't done any part, you don't owe anything. Just let him know that everything that's been a part the good the downs, involved both of us together, not one or the other alone.  What I am doing is still being there when it's the birthday to wish and send a card, this person of mine then knew I was still in reaching, to the point she replied only to say, It's best you don't send wishes on my birthday next year.
She is convincing me to stop even on something that is my choice, she doesn't have to open the card, or email. Just because someone is out, doesn't mean you can't still care for them as a human being, birthdays, new year's. etc.!

Remember whenever someone Block's you, they are convincing you they're no longer there when they are, or when they are blocking you
your to be blocked. The truth is they are the one's blocking, as long as you don't block them, they are blocking the social media site, why be on a social media site to block. Only block should be for those who are inappropriate or of threat. Just remember, he's blocking facebook or etc..not you : )
I am not saying to fix it, he should first foremost apologize for the choice of words he used and mentioned. Your job is not to no more speak or quit from him, if you care, at least recognize that he is human, and you have every right to be hurt, but show him your strong, and you will always support him, you care for him as friend, if he is thru to you, then start with birthdays, or holiday wishes, if he doesn't respond, that's not you both you reconciled to him your moving on in the good, and not grudging what's been done.

Hope this helps.  Wink - writer
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:44AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 11:15AM »

Thank you both Kevin and rfcw. I do appreciate evryone's advice that I have reviceved. It's helped me a ton.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 09:23PM »

Just a little update:

I took all your advice and some of my other friends' advice into consideration. I decided that I will not try and attempt to contact him anytime soon. Perhaps in a couple months, I may check up on him to see how he's doing because I do still care about him despite what he has done to me. But for now, I'm focusing on healing myself and my broken heart. I feel much better than I did a few days ago.

I appreciate all the adivce. It has helped me a ton. Thanks, everyone! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:29PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 08:02PM »

Just a little update:

I took all your advice and some of my other friends' advice into consideration. I decided that I will not try and attempt to contact him anytime soon. Perhaps in a couple months, I may check up on him to see how he's doing because I do still care about him despite what he has done to me. But for now, I'm focusing on healing myself and my broken heart. I feel much better than I did a few days ago.

You  are  very  welcome  Chandler.    Smiley   Sounds  like  you  are  handling  things  well  so far.   

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 06:42PM »

Just a little update:

You  are  very  welcome  Chandler.    Smiley   Sounds  like  you  are  handling  things  well  so far.   
I am for the most part. Smiley I have my ups and downs sometimes, but I know that I'll pull through this whole thing soon. I'm trying to keep positive! Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: