Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome new members!!  (Read 447798 times)
CWF Administrator
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:07PM »

Greetings!

I just wanted to take a moment to welcome new members to the forum. We are happy you decided to join us.   Please take a moment to review the "Forum Decorum" as well as the "Forum Guidelines" under the "Administrator Notes" section at the top of the home page. We respectfully ask that everyone observe these guidelines so that all members may coexist peaceably.

Additionally, please take a moment to introduce yourself so that we can get to know you better.  Tell us where you come from, your interests, and maybe what brought you to the CW Forum... whatever you feel comfortable sharing. 

Should you ever have any questions or concerns, please send me either a private message, or email me at rich@celticwomanforum.com.

Thank you for your interest in the CW Forum!

Sincerely,
Rich Ropes
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 09:26PM by OldFatGuy » Logged
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 10:47PM »

Your turn!!!
Um......

Old.  Fat.  Guy.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 10:54PM »

The cat got your tongue?  I think you should post the response you gave back in an email I sent you a few weeks back... you had some hilarious comments there in that survey!

Boomer xx
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 05:11AM »

I've been a fan/true believer since I saw a rerun (I doubt it was the first time it aired; I'm not *that* lucky) about three years ago.
I think the first song I heard was 'May It Be' performed by the inestimable Lisa Kelly. I don't remember what my exact thoughts were, but they were probably something to do with her treatment of the song. Where Enya laids it on five (or six?) times (in reference to her recording style), Mrs. Kelly only had to do it once to get me hooked. I hope I'm not the only one who keeps secretly hoping she'll sing it again (at a live concert, that is).
Hmm... that should do for starters. Apologies if I seem overly formal, but I like to play it (really) safe when it comes to joining forums.

Mierna

OH YEAH!

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 10:54AM »

Does anyone know I'm here? I'm the one with an anime avatar...xDDD  Smiley

This wonderful banner was made by Siobhan!
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 10:55AM »

I see you!!!
CWF Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 11:02AM »

Welcome to the Forum!
fireyred09
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 05:12PM »

Hey Everyone!

Like Jenny, I'm not exactly a new member, (well, technically we all are since this a new forum Wink) but I thought I'd post a little about myself for anyone who has any questions.

Jenny's list-style seems the most easy/efficient way of going about things, so I'll try it!

Hi. I'm Katie.
Obviously, I'm completely captivated by all things Celtic Woman.
I'm not really a very trusting person online, so if I seem a bit aloof, please don't be offended.
My other passions include Marine Biology and violin.
I like to call the violin my "transition" passion because it relates both to Celtic Woman, and the rest of the world.
I have played the violin for about 8 years, and I don't ever plan to stop!
Frequently, while I am on the forums, I am eating tomato soup. It's good for the soul  Grin
I am on a swim team. If I'm not on the forum one night, you can bet it's because I'm wiped out from practice!
I like to learn things. I am absolutely starving for new things to learn.
I really love Irish names. My future husband has no choice but to name our kids with Irish in mind.
While all of the Celtic Ladies are absolutely wonderful, Meav will always be my favorite! (Followed closely by everyone else!)
I am a Christian, and proud!
I can and most definitely will make banners for signatures or websites! Feel free to ask!
I know enough German enough to carry on small talk. I'm still learning...so keep that in mind!
Not many of my friends/family (close to none) enjoy Celtic Woman, and if they do, definitely not to the degree that any of us do! So that's why I come on here!
Chocolate can solve all problems.
I definitely appreciate the little things in life!
I have a dog who's got more in common with Hayley Westenra than she does with any of my family. (She's an Australian Cow Dog...probably makes trips over to New Zealand to share a bone with the locals when I'm not home...)
I'm completely open to questions, so feel free to ask!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 05:22PM »

Chocolate can solve all problems.
Katie, you've made a friend in Jenny already.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
fireyred09
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 05:44PM »

I considered her a friend already!

But now we can have long, wonderful conversations about Celtic Woman whilst indulging in the gift from God known as:

Chocolate!

Cheesy
musiclover

Ladies Of Love, Life, and Voice

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 06:56PM »

Another not new member. I'm 52 yrs. old, retired and take it one day at a time. I enjoy coin collecting and love the look of gold.I'm not married anymore,I have one son who is 15, and he is my life. I like all types of  music except punk,rap, etc. I used to write alot and I have self published 1 book and 1 cd of my own material. I fell in love with 'Lisa' the first time I saw her, and ever since I have found another friend. Her voice and sound sends chills down my back. I've never known anything like her to affect me before.I spend alot of time in the Drs. office ,but I keep a positive outlook.

Love can not make the heart content
If the soul is restless.

copyright 1993
                    Blue Love
Stu Mostinsky
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 07:35PM »

Hi, I am probably the oldest fan of CW (not age)  I saw them the very first time the show aired on PBS and I have been hooked ever since.  I was one of the original members of the very first CW sponsored chatroom/forum.  I have been very fortunate to have met all the CW family members (Except Haley) and they are all fantastic people.  I used to play trombone in the symphony, and I was a music major in college, so I think I am qualified to say that CW has a lot of talent.  The one thing I like the best about CW is the way they stay grounded.  The Ladies really appreciate their fans and they are so kind to us.
That's it for now.
comet

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 02:02AM »

Greetings from Ireland,
I thought I was a member, but could not login, so I registered again and now I'm Bach. Grin

back

I think............

comet

Go on ye good things !
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 04:37PM »

I considered her a friend already!

But now we can have long, wonderful conversations about Celtic Woman whilst indulging in the gift from God known as:

Chocolate!

Cheesy

Did someone say "CHOCOLATE" ?  I thought I heard something!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:41PM by Celtic Jenny » Logged
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 04:40PM »

Hi, I am probably the oldest fan of CW (not age)  I saw them the very first time the show aired on PBS and I have been hooked ever since.  I was one of the original members of the very first CW sponsored chatroom/forum.  I have been very fortunate to have met all the CW family members (Except Haley) and they are all fantastic people.  I used to play trombone in the symphony, and I was a music major in college, so I think I am qualified to say that CW has a lot of talent.  The one thing I like the best about CW is the way they stay grounded.  The Ladies really appreciate their fans and they are so kind to us.
That's it for now.

Hi Stu!!  So glad to have one of the "original" members of the first forum here!  Hope we can make this one the best yet! We will certainly do our best anyway!  If memory serves me correctly... didn't the original forum at one time have in excess of 1000 people?  I can't remember for sure.  Would be lovely if we could bring those numbers back up again. We'll see what happens.

Jenny xx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: