Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleveland/Williamsport Photos  (Read 2519 times)
hkfan

« on: April 04, 2016, 08:54AM »

I'm not a writer of good reviews mainly because I get too engrossed in the music and the show and totally forget all the fine details. There are many good reviews on various forums about the Destiny tour so far, so instead I have posted a link to some of the photos from the Cleveland and Williamsport shows I went to last week.

(Album removed)

In Cleveland I somehow ended up with 5 free seats (stage right - looking out) right next to the stage. I had booked C203. No one turned up for the 2 extra seats in row C or the 2 in row B. There was no A. So other than being at the end of the stage, I did have a very good view. First time for me seeing Destiny live and I was captivated. I didn't have an M&G pass but did receive little nods of recognition from cast & crew as it were.

One thing that really bugged me was that the theatre staff were all extremely "anal" about telling people to put away their phones etc. as there was no photography at all. This even after the announcement that specifically says "no FLASH photography". I went to see the house manager in the intermission and right there on her desk was a handout for staff with the first few lines of "No audio/video. No flash photography ....". She eventually acknowledged a "miscommunication" and I certainly wasn't hassled anymore, don't know about other people.

Two days later in Williamsport I had M&G tickets (courtesy of Rob) and we had front row slightly left of centre stage. We met up with a couple of other "really dedicated" followers and had a meal at the hotel right next door to the theatre. A quick 30 second walk had us in the theatre and passes in hand off to the M&G. Unlike Cleveland, which it seems from reports reverted to the "basement corridor" M&G style so detested by all who pay good money for them, we went upstairs to an empty but well lit room that provided good space for all to wait along with a plain backdrop for the photos.

Show starts @ 7:30pm, Sett brings the ladies in @ 7:10pm - fast M&G (as is usual unfortunately). Anyway great hugs and "quick" talk to the ladies (Sett is always there gesturing towards the exit), great seats, great show (can't remember any of it!) and great meeting up with other fans not seen for some time.

I have 4 shows left this year (later in June) and hope I can get some more and different photos to share.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 09:17AM by hkfan » Logged
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:48AM »

I agree! I think they contraindicated themselves and the staff did have very bad attitudes here about it. 10 mins before they were yelling at people to put stuff away before it started and I wanted to tell him off especially for the price I paid and we had 10 min, like seriously! And he interrupted my friend during the show to tell the guy behind us to turn his phone off or leave. (These guys don't care they got in for free and are working). I would have loved to take pics due to no stage door and knew it was no flash photos but thought it would be distracting from the front row as they looked at us a few times! Oh well, next time!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: