Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another amazing Asheville adventure. (Asheville 4/12)  (Read 2932 times)
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« on: April 12, 2016, 08:30PM »

So, I just got back from the show in Asheville and it was, as you can tell by the title, amazing. I would love to do a play by play review, but I'm still on cloud nine and I want to write while my memory is still fresh. I went into this show knowing only a few of the songs, excluding the few YouTube clips I watched. Why? Well, my laptop died back in November before I got Destiny so I wasn't able to transfer it to my phone. There were a few set changes. The butterfly and hills of Ireland where switched, with butterfly now appearing in act 1 and the hills appearing in act 2. Weathering home closed the first act and Nil se'n La was cut. Finally, Ray's solo has been changed and it now features Kartrina, the other drummer, Anthony on the djembe and one of the choir members dancing. During intermission, I had great conversations with Glenn and Ronan.

After the show, my friend and I waited by the buses, where we spoke with Katrina, the Maireads and Eahba... More on that below

There where many moments that stood out to me, including How can I keep from singing, like an angel passing through my room and sometimes a prayer will do.

Mairead Nesbitt: she was, as per usual, amazing. Her energy was contagious, getting many people applauded her through out the show. Also I finally got to meet and have a picture with her. Since I am on my phone, I'm not sure how to get pictures on here, but they will be on my Facebook.

Eabha: it was my first time seeing her, but her voice is amazing. As I said above, how can I keep from singing was a major highlight for me.

Mairead Carlin: Like Mairead N, she was amazing. Mairead has been a favourite of min since she's joined and I'm so glad I got to meet her after every show I've seen her in. What's amazing is she remembers so many people.

Susan: Susan bad grown on me so much since the beginning. I love her powerhouse voice. Sometimes a prayer will do touched me as it has many other people. Something people commented on was how stiff she used to be and now she is interacting with the audience much more. During Teir abhaile riu, I was mouthing the words and she gave me a thumbs up and at the end of the song as Inwas clapping she clapped back at me and smiled. I don't know if it's because she saw my tweets or just noticed me mouthing the words, but either way I was so happy and surprised. I wish I was able to meet her afterwards to compliment her singing, as well as say hi.

Until next year- Dash

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 05:34AM »

Thanks  for  checking  with  us.    Smiley  So  true  what  you  have  said  about  the  gals. 

Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 11:16PM »

So, I just got back from the show in Asheville and it was, as you can tell by the title, amazing. I would love to do a play by play review, but I'm still on cloud nine and I want to write while my memory is still fresh. I went into this show knowing only a few of the songs, excluding the few YouTube clips I watched. Why? Well, my laptop died back in November before I got Destiny so I wasn't able to transfer it to my phone. There were a few set changes. The butterfly and hills of Ireland where switched, with butterfly now appearing in act 1 and the hills appearing in act 2. Weathering home closed the first act and Nil se'n La was cut. Finally, Ray's solo has been changed and it now features Kartrina, the other drummer, Anthony on the djembe and one of the choir members dancing. During intermission, I had great conversations with Glenn and Ronan.

After the show, my friend and I waited by the buses, where we spoke with Katrina, the Maireads and Eahba... More on that below

There where many moments that stood out to me, including How can I keep from singing, like an angel passing through my room and sometimes a prayer will do.

Mairead Nesbitt: she was, as per usual, amazing. Her energy was contagious, getting many people applauded her through out the show. Also I finally got to meet and have a picture with her. Since I am on my phone, I'm not sure how to get pictures on here, but they will be on my Facebook.

Eabha: it was my first time seeing her, but her voice is amazing. As I said above, how can I keep from singing was a major highlight for me.

Mairead Carlin: Like Mairead N, she was amazing. Mairead has been a favourite of min since she's joined and I'm so glad I got to meet her after every show I've seen her in. What's amazing is she remembers so many people.

Susan: Susan bad grown on me so much since the beginning. I love her powerhouse voice. Sometimes a prayer will do touched me as it has many other people. Something people commented on was how stiff she used to be and now she is interacting with the audience much more. During Teir abhaile riu, I was mouthing the words and she gave me a thumbs up and at the end of the song as Inwas clapping she clapped back at me and smiled. I don't know if it's because she saw my tweets or just noticed me mouthing the words, but either way I was so happy and surprised. I wish I was able to meet her afterwards to compliment her singing, as well as say hi.

Until next year- Dash

Nice Review, Dash.  If Westering Home moved to the first act, what song ended the second act now?  I hope it was Mo Ghile Mear.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 05:04AM »

It was the new arrangement of Teir Abhaile riu and the finale

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: