Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappointed :( Meet and greet woes.  (Read 10062 times)
Naraku_Diabolos

« on: April 17, 2016, 05:59PM »

I went to go see Celtic Woman last night in Durham, NC. I REALLY enjoyed the concert. I stayed afterwards near the tour bus and met up with Miss Carlin, Máiréad Nesbitt, and Eabha. But...not Susan Sad She was in the tour bus most of the time, but only came out to receive a handwritten card by a handicapped girl. Then Susan quickly ran back inside the tour bus and never came back out. I asked the security guard why Susan was like that, and he said that she has always been like that. Really? Sad Has she been like this for other people who wanted autographs and pictures taken? It is not like any of us wanted any thing more than to just be friendly and show appreciation for her. She's a very talented girl, and like all the other Celtic Woman members who have come and gone in the past, Susan and the rest have worked VERY hard to get where they are right now. I really wanted to tell Susan that from the bottom of my heart. I did tell Miss Carlin, Máiréad Nesbitt, and Eabha that because I look up to them as inspiration for working very hard to be well recognized for where they are in life.

I'm just disappointed. It's like you buy a product that is advertised for having 4 parts of it. However when you open it, you count everything and noticed that things are missing. The missing pieces make it so you are short one of the four steps. The package then feels incomplete. That is how I felt Cry

And yes, typing this right now, I am actually crying. I've enjoyed all the past concerts with Celtic Woman and I have NEVER had a chance to meet any one of them in person. The three members who I met were very genuine and it felt like I have known them for a long time.

Especially Miss Eabha. I could feel a vibe by her that she has always been a best friend. The really funny thing is that she lived in Saigon, Vietnam, and my girlfriend was born and raised in that city! Plus she's the same age as my girlfriend Anna (Nhat Khanh Dam is my girlfriend's Vietnamese name, but Anna is her Catholic baptismal name; I'm Catholic as well). Both my girlfriend and Eabha are around the same age as well. Miss Carlin was someone who you can get used to really fast and just not get bored talking to as well. Máiréad Nesbitt is a true sweetheart and made me feel like she was a really good older friend of mine, like a friend of the family from my church. I did tell Máiréad Nesbitt about the beach resort I go to down in Charleston, SC, and to look into it if she ever gets to go on a vacation; though I did mention that the girls and the band should all go there for a week as a vacation break.

I loved the concert. To me it was a 10/10, though I was just disappointed with Susan Sad I look up to these singers as inspiration for working hard in life for making a career. I also just wanted to show my support for them, too, as a fan would. Well, maybe in my old age and when I pass on and go to heaven, I can talk to Susan then. Tongue

[video]http://xivpads.com/?Hayley-Westenra-Excalibur[/video]

"I Made Hayley Westenra On My Online Game."
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=19082.msg879933#msg879933
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 02:49PM »

No, Susan is not always "like that." I've met her twice, and she has been nothing but kind and sweet to me. She probably didn't see you out there. But she is a very pleasant and caring person.

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 04:12PM »

Susan has always been extremely nice during M&Gs, but on the many occasions I've been with those waiting at the buses after the show, she has never come out to talk with fans waiting there, but does wave sometimes. 

We may speculate why she doesn't, but to my knowledge nobody has ever asked her.  Lips sealed

Naraku_Diabolos

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 06:55PM »

It may be just right after the show, as you two have said. She is probably very tired from practicing during the day, then the show and wants to crash for the night. That is understandable. I just wish I could say hi and that I enjoyed her performance. It made me feel sad that I could not do that Sad

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 08:41PM »

You should tweet her. Smiley

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 01:42AM »

No, she usually is very sweet! Not sure why they let some cities let people at stage door and some not though? That's the only thing that irked me in Cleveland. First thing out of the guards mouth, you can't stand here. ( which if ok new that they were staying the night I would have waited upfront as that has happened another shows many time and not "illegal". But next time Huh? Sorry you had that experience. Like Tiffany said try tweeting her, they're pretty good about it.

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Naraku_Diabolos

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 06:48AM »

It was actually outside of the DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center) theater right outside the exit at their tour buses. The guard said it was fine that I could wait for them. I did tell him that I have always been to their concerts but never had the chance to meet any of them, which is entirely true. My friend told me that he did that before so I tried it.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 09:20AM »

I'm sure Susan is fantastic! So do tweet her Cheesy

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 09:35AM »

I know it must be for missing Susan, but to be grateful gratitude you met the other three that's the most important, & you could told one of them to pass along a compliment to Susan!*

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
dbbii

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 01:11PM »

Kinda echoing what was said earlier.  They owe you a show. That's it.  It is amazing to me that they can do this night after night at the same high level.   

Take a look at the tour schedule.  Where their next stop?  How many hours on the bus?  Check into a hotel at o'dark thirty.   Sleep for a while.  Grab something to eat.  Go to the venue.  Sound check/staging. Get ready for show.  Do show.  Do it all over again. When do you have time to relax/decompress.  Shoot, when I get home at night, I don't want to talk to anyone -- I just want to be left alone.  The girls (the whole show really) don't have that luxury.  So from that standpoint, I understand why they just want to get on the bus. 

What I think you are seeing here is the "evolution" of CW.  Go back to when it all started.  I always got the feeling that to some of the members, they  never expected to be as loved and appreciated as they ended up being.  They seemed to really appreciate meeting with their fans, especially when the M&G was after the show. 

When I drug my wife to a show, she still tells everyone how Chloe recognized me at the M&G.  Even asked about how my daughter was doing in college.  Similar story about Lisa K.  Do I get that same feeling now, NO. 

Meet & greets really aren't that anymore.  They are a photo op.  The only reason I've popped for a couple is the hope that I get better seats. 

At my last show, someone made a comment that what we are seeing now is like a tribute band. If you ask people about CW, the first name that comes to mind is Chloe.   The music is still good, but it's just not the same.  OK, I just need to accept that.

OMaolagain

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 05:46PM »

I can understand being disappointed, but consider the 100 concerts they are doing in just these few months, with all the meet and greets before and or after a concert. People trying to meet them at airports and getting on and off buses and wherever they are staying.  Maybe sometimes they just need a little more time to themselves than we allow them. I love them dearly and would love to meet them in person--especially Susan; I would probably cry, myself, if I expected to but didn't. But I am just saying.  Hopefully, you can do so in the future too. Smiley
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 08:17AM »

I think we should also mention this fact: A couple years ago, right around Susan's first tour, she was apparently assaulted outside one of the venues by a man. I would think such an event in one's life, especially so early in one's touring career, might make one a bit more cautious and, for all we know, downright scared at the possibility of staying outside the buses for so long.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 09:20AM »

I remember Susan was holding a big hat while wanting to take stroll from our civic center a bit to the city since our Downtown is right next to it.
Mairead Carlin did a full circle around the entire property, I walked so close in proximity to her. Then where the buses were I spotted Susan climbing
getting ready to go up a road hill, thinking she might do the same, but seems she changed her mind the fact there a car in between us with the engine on and the person wasn't moving at all, staying in the vehicle.

You also need to approach them and speak to them like an individual like you are, speak about a fact that you may know from another girl,
or go with the tour, I mentioned to Sarah & Edel how it felt to be privileged to tour with Meav the honor to do that and if they are excited to get to meet Alex in the coming weeks, they answered they have not met Alex before..so that's cool conversation. I even told them to give a big thank you to Lynn for returning to CW to perform for us. Smiley It may sound not easy what you want to say, but after it, they appreciate that your 1 to 1 with them. I said it was an honor to meet them in person, no meet & Greets, it's a privilege and you are both amazing persons.  
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:22AM by rfcw » Logged

Naraku_Diabolos

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 07:02PM »

I did not know that someone tried to assault Susan during her first tour Sad I had no idea, she may still hold a fear from that. I did thank Eabha, Miss Carlin, and Máiréad for the wonderful concert, and I did tell Máiréad Nesbitt that since Susan did not come out, I told her to tell Susan thank you for the performance and that I wished them much luck on the rest of the tour. Máiréad did smile and said thank you, and she also stated it was a pleasure meeting me.

I will tell you that I am very protective of women and children, especially children. I worked in childcare for 8 years, and I was protective of my female coworkers very much so. I do not put up with crud if I see a woman or child being treated badly or unfairly. If Susan even knew about me, I'm much more of a courteous gentleman more than anything else. I did bow to the girls and shake hands, and I did greet them farewell and such. I even did it to the security team and thanked them for letting me meet them. They said thank you in turn and told me to have a safe trip home. However, when I got into the car, I was shaking like a leaf (pun intended because I'm a horticulture major as well as early childhood education) because I was so overjoyed to finally meet the women. I know that they are human beings like everyone else, but I hold them in very high regards for what they have all accomplished in their lives in order to get to the point in being singers and performers. To me, they are definitely people who I look up to as role models. For myself, I want to strive better by working hard so I can be well known for my accomplishments.

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 08:45AM »

Susan has been nothing but sweet to me in meet and greets....
She knows my story and is very sweet and caring.  When I saw them in Dayton, Ohio, I asked her if I could have an individual picture with her, and she said "Of course!"  I was shaking super hard... and when I apologized for it, she just patted my back and was like "You're fine sweetie"  She even gave me an extra hug.
At all the stage doors I've been to, she usually runs right to the bus... she'll stop to wave, but she goes right to the bus...

Like others have said, I would tweet her... she is a very sweet, caring and generous person..

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: