Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tribute To Broadway  (Read 17532 times)
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« on: February 03, 2015, 10:32AM »

Anyone know if the Emerald DVD version of Broadway is available anywhere? I would LOVE to hear Susan and Chloe's duet on I Dreamed A Dream.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 02:15AM »

I don't think so unfortunately Sad I wish I could see this version too as well as the Finale.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 09:30AM »

I don't think so unfortunately Sad I wish I could see this version too as well as the Finale.
YESSSS!!!!
avalonfreak06

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 03:23PM »

Anyone know if the Emerald DVD version of Broadway is available anywhere? I would LOVE to hear Susan and Chloe's duet on I Dreamed A Dream.

I dont think there is an Emerald version of the Broadway. They only did that on the Believe Tour and never did this on the Emerald tour.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 03:46PM »

But the Emerald DVD is the recording of the Believe 2.0 tour...

Excalibur

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 04:35PM »

I really don't recall the Tribute being on the Emerald DVD...

Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 10:21PM »

No, it isn't on the DVD. But I looked at Cash's review of the South Bend recording and I found this:

The Tribute to Broadway only got a small number standing at the end. I don’t know why. I thought they did a great job with it. They deserved better.

So it was definitely performed at the concert, but we don't know if it was actually recorded or much less released in any format. I would assume they did tape it and just haven't released it, but who knows.

Link to the review for anyone interested: http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=18809.0

Thanks, Shining Bright!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 09:25AM »

Okay peeps. Check out this video, released by Celtic Woman themselves, WAY back in 2013 as a teaser trailer for the release of Emerald: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIzXDygc1Qk

Pay special attention to 0:10 - 0:13 and you'll see Mairead spinning like a maniac in her 2nd Act dress. The only time she did that was during The Finale. And if you notice from 1:05 - 1:08 you'll see the three singers in their 2nd Act dresses, holding hands together and raising them slowly into the air, no Mairead on stage. The only time that happened was at the end of Circle Of Life in the Tribute.

So! We all can see that, yes, videos of the Emerald versions of those two songs DO exist. We just don't have them as of yet. I wish they'd be released though. I'd love to hear Susan and Chloe together on I Dreamed A Dream and would love love LOVE to have the extended super-awesome Finale!
Frazzer

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 10:10AM »

I will be always grateful that I heard the Tribute by Susan and Mairéad C. on the fall European leg of that tour ... it was overawesome!
dbbii

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 08:49AM »

Several years ago at a M&G (ya know, the ones where you could actually TALK to the girls for a minute or two), I told Susan she was really brave to do a Tribute to Broadway at Radio City Music Hall.  She said she wasn't nervous about that -- she was more nervous that the RCMH show was the first CW show her parents were going to see!

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 05:45PM »

Here You Go: Enjoy`~~
I Dreamed A Dream Duet Susan & Chloe (Believe Tour)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSIoiIOc5Q

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:47PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 05:56PM »

Is the slowly raising the hand's not a part of the finale end or After The Parting Glass?

I Guess not, since on Emerald and Believe they always come together to Hug it out.
Even on HFC they do it at the end it's quite a new trend for Celtic Woman coming together for a group hug Wink

I don't yet have Emerald on DVD I should by now but funny I don't, even HFC I don't have..
so I can't familiarize what that is, and when they do it.
If it's not on the DVD at all, then you clearly a trick surprise extra I think it's just a bow of thank you not an extra song..

For crying out loud There are even Isle Of Hope extras are on the tenth anniversary video

Again...Copyright secrets from CW as always  Cool.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:00PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 06:54PM »

I  like  your   signature  block  graphic   RFCW .      Grin

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 08:02PM »

I  like  your   signature  block  graphic   RFCW .      Grin

Thank You Lady Lark Meaviac

a change hear and there. I see Walle so why not Hiro.
unless y'all prefer Celtic Woman that is  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: