Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Christmas CD Ideas  (Read 3654 times)
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« on: May 17, 2016, 08:08PM »

So, seeing as how the lineup has changed SO significantly since HFC, when do you think they'll do a new Christmas album?

I wanna hear Susan sing Let It Go! She's be perfect for that song! And Eabha needs to record Winter, Fire, And Snow with Celtic Woman! I would love to hear Mairead C sing O Little Town Of Bethlehem in her light, airy style (akin to Like An Angel). Ooh! And I'd LOVE a lively rendition of Sleigh Ride from Mairead Nesbitt!

I also would love to hear the girls perform Silver Bells as an a cappella number. The harmonies would be fantastic!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 02:47PM »

That would be awesome! They might do one in a couple years maybe. I hope so. I kinda wish they could do one this year.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 08:39PM »

Hoping they would include Alex & Lynn to make the CW Holiday member package complete.

If not Alex, at least let Lynn join like they brought Meav for HFC.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 08:25PM »

I would love that! Of course Hayley and Deirdre never did anything Christmas related with CW either, so even if they brought one of them in, that would be cool too. Unlikely but I can dream lol.

John910

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 09:01PM »

I would like to hear their interpretation of some Polish and Italian carols.

One of the Italian carols is "O Bambino (One Cold and Blessed Winter)"

and Polish carols such as "Lulaj?e Jezuniu", "Gdy si? Chrystus rodzi", and "Gdy ?liczna Panna".

Maybe a Christmas CD of carols of Europe. They have some of the nicest melodies.
The Quiet Man

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 10:54AM »

Well, I would have said this coming summer, since they have now cycled HFC through 3 times and that's usually the "life" of a tour.  HOWEVER, given that MC and EM are both recording solo albums this summer and MN is putting the finishing touches on "Hibernia" (I hope Susan is going to do a solo album too) it may have to wait until summer 2017, which makes sense, since the next time they would record a new main album will probably be summer 2018.  That said, assuming this will come to pass, there's a ton of Xmas stuff they still haven't touched, and the pieces I would like to hear include:

"Do You Hear What I Hear" (probably a duet for Susan and MC)
         "Angels From the realms of Glory" (everyone, maybe have Niall O'Sullivan play trumpet on the recording)
         "The Little Road to Bethlehem" composed by Irishman Michael Head, probably sung by  MC.
          John Rutter's "Candlelight Carol," probably sung by Eabha.
          "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," probably sung by Susan. 
          "The Birthday Party of the King" would also be great, although I don't know if that would be a solo or a trio.
          "Let It Go," sung by Susan.
          "The Wren" played by MN
          "Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day" (everyone)
          "The Wexford Carol" probably sung by Eabha.
          "Curoo, Curoo" (everyone)   
          "Once In Royal David's City" (everyone)   

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 02:40PM »

All those are fantastic ideas!

I'd also love them to sing "Do They Know It's Christmas" and "Sleigh Ride".

Also, I'd love them to sing "Es ist ein Ros entsprungen" ("Lo, A Rose E're Blooming") and "Maria durch ein Dornwald ging".

And I wish Máiréad would play some songs from The Nutcracker, like "Lighting the Tree" or "Waltz of the Snowflakes"!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:41AM by ShiningBright » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 01:40PM »

Fwd...This came from a previous thread called 3rd Christmas Album Ideas and here was mine. Smiley

If they ever image making a third album or special for Lynn Hilary, Alex Sharpe + Mairead Carlin + Eabha who Haven't covered & Meav may be included as well of course if we want to!

So far I got ...in ideas

Celtic Woman: Favorites For The Holiday's
1.Jingle Bell's: Jingle All The Way (Meav, MC, Alex, Lynn, Eabha, Mairead N)
2.Sleigh Ride -Just Hear Those Jingle Sleighing (Alex & Meav)
3.Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer (Lynn); join by Mairead C)
4.He'll Be comin Around The Chimney (Alex with Eabha)
5.Frosty The Snowman -(Eabha)
5.Blue Christmas (MC)
6.Deck The Hall's of Jolly (Alex, Lynn, MC, Eabha Mairead N)
7.So This Is Christmas (MC~)
8.Do You Hear What I Hear - (Lynn & Alex)
9.There's no Place Like Home for The Holiday's (Alex)
10. Suantrai (Lynn)
11. Merry Christmas Darling (Eabha~)
12. 12 Day's Of Christmas Suite *(Mairead N)
13. In The Bleak Midwinter Live (Meav~)
14. My Grown Up Christmas List- (Lynn~)
15. Silent Night (Alex~)
16. Cause We need A Little Christmas Time (Alex, Lynn, MC, Eabha, Meav, Mairead N)
17. Joy to The World 2 (Alex, Lynn, MC, Eabha, Mairead N)
18.Winter Wonderland reprise to Joy To The Future!! (Alex, Lynn, MC, Eabha, Meav, Mairead N)
19. Mary's Boy Child (Meav, MC, Alex, Lynn) Finale
20. Hark The Herald Angel's Sing -Mairead N reprise All Girl's Enter for Last Bow!
      *Joy To The Future (End Reprise!) Everyone.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 09:05PM »

I would love to hear the girls cover Good King Wenceslaus as an a cappella song!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 10:21PM »

I would love to hear the girls cover Good King Wenceslaus as an a cappella song!
  YES !  There  is   a  rare  clip  on  You Tube  with  sweet  Roisin  Dempsey  singing this  with  "West Of Eden" . But It can work  a cappella too.   Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: