Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recipes  (Read 13349 times)
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 08:41PM »

I tried to fry a chicken once.  You know - you have to almost kill the chicken to keep him in the pan.  He got real mad, and then there were the feathers all over the kitchen.  What a mess!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:57PM by Jim M. » Logged
celticartzyangel
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 09:08PM »

I tried to fry a chicken once.  You know - you have to almost kill the chicken to keep him in the pan.  He got real mad, and then there were the feathers all over the kitchen.  What a mess!
BAHAHAHA!!!!!!! that just made my day!!  Grin
Où est le lait de soja?
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 09:59PM »

I pretty much just bake.  I've recently gotten into experimenting with Medieval recipes and such.

and just randomly, if anyone has a good recipe for Falafel, It would be much appreciated.  I've been in the mood for some good Falafel, but there are so many variations on how to make it, and cooking is not the same as baking, so experimenting could go very badly. 

Cheesy

Mel
Yeah, that's why I don't bake :/ Making a cake or something would go COMPLETELY wrong for me. So many precise measurements and steps... But falafel sounds like an interesting dish. Anyone have recipes?

I know the feeling.  that's me with cooking.  I often get laughed at, because I can bake really well, but can't cook my way out of a tin can, really ... (heck, I haven't even mastered the can opener yet) ...

but I could bake all day Cheesy  It's quite relaxing. (except Moravian Christmas cookies, because they're paper thing and take all day to bake ... and are a royal pain in the butt, but oh so yummy)

Mel

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 10:40PM »

One time my 2 nieces were coming for a visit so I stuck some store bought cookies in the oven and put on warm.When they got here I tooks them out and they said "These are so good Uncle"  Grin

Smileyirish14
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 01:33AM »

I tried to fry a chicken once.  You know - you have to almost kill the chicken to keep him in the pan.  He got real mad, and then there were the feathers all over the kitchen.  What a mess!
BAHAHAHA!!!!!!! that just made my day!!  Grin
Ditto Cheesy
Maggie
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 01:21PM »

Irish Mothers are very smart.....from when I was around 4 years old, my Mom used to stand me on a little chair
beside her when she was preparing a meal, or mixing a cake, cookies or scones.
She made it seem like playing house and we had fun. I had a little apron made from the same material as hers.
Then she would give me a piece of the pastry and suggest ways I could use it....I would put pieces of apple
in the middle of it, or spoon some jam in it, fold it over, brush it with milk, and she would put it in the oven with hers.
I remember feeling dejected when my big brother Peter came home from work....
"Oh no! don't tell me our Margaret's been baking again!" Everybody would laugh of course....except me. Sad

My Mother also took me shopping, and by the age of 8 or 9 I could tell what the cuts of beef, lamb or pork were.
I could tell whether it was fresh or not. I knew what vegetables were in season and cheaper.
I didn't know square roots or logarithms, but I knew how to shell peas, slice green beans, scrub potatoes.
I could help her make a rabbit pie (hey, those were hard times).
My Mom never used a scales, she measured by instinct. Of course she made pastry from scratch, as I do.
She never bought anything frozen or prepared, she never owned a freezer or a dishwasher, she had a little fridge.
What amazed me was, whenever any guest came to the house, even if it was a whole family,
she would feed them somehow, and they never went away hungry.
How she did on on our household income I will never know.
So do I have recipes? Yes, books full of them, from Ireland, England and the USA.
But I very rarely use them. I throw things in a pot, or in the oven, and I've never poisoned anyone yet.
When Dave was in the US Navy in London, he used to bring the new guys home for dinner.
I never heard any complaints.
Dave (and Father Ennis from Church) sometimes request beef in Guinness, my Mom's recipe.
Followed by apple and blackberry pie.
Sorry, I don't have the recipe.....it's in my head. Thank you, Mammy  Kiss Kiss Kiss

By the way, I am making a sherry trifle for him to take to work tonight for his crew,
I bought some little US flags made of icing to put on top. Happy 4th July!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 01:24PM by Maggie » Logged
Sorgi

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 07:27PM »

Going to my brothers place tomorrow night for his annual Pumpkin Carving/Harvest event.
As part of the Appetizers I'm whipping up a batch of Bagna Cauda.   Essentially it's a Sauce for dipping vegetables, bread and other assorted munchies. 

basically it's  Olive oil, several cloves of Garlic, 4-8oz of Anchovies and butter.  All warmed on the stove, then poured into a fondue pot for dipping and continuous warming.

-Dan

greenfire6
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 08:58PM »

Loads of recipes involving fresh onions here:

http://www.periandsons.com/
Smileyirish14
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 03:32PM »

those sound good Smiley
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 01:26PM »

I have been given recipes for cream cheese cupcakes and strawberry pizza.  If there is interest, I could post them here.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 03:49PM »

Uuuuh, recipes. I know lots of vegan recipes but I have none in head :/

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 04:56PM »

I know how to fry water..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 02:05PM »

Get 2 slices of bread.
Spread peanut butter on one slice and jam on the other slice.
Put them together so the PB&J is on the inside.
Eat. Wink
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 06:26AM »

People have been thinking to make a strawberry ice cream float with vanilla ice cream, but according to my idea, it can be made of strawberry ice cream and strawberry soda. If you mix it together, it'll be 100% pink. I'll just make it again and then take a picture.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 11:14AM »

this "may" sound weird but....get a tall glass , fill halfway with ginger ale, then the rest of the way with milk, add in Hersheys chocolate syrup...a bit of ice cream....and it`s as good as any ice cream soda you buy at an ice cream shop.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: