Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Dog  (Read 7512 times)
Evening Star

« on: July 10, 2016, 09:22PM »

Hi everyone. I know I haven't been active on this forum lately, but I really need some thoughts and prayers right now.

My dog, Abbie, passed away today. She seemed perfectly fine for most of the day, but a few hours ago, she started acting very ill. We took her to the vet, and it turned out she had an enlarged heart. There was nothing they could do, so we had to have her euthanized. She was only 4 years old (she would have turned 5 this October) and she had been part of our family since she was only 3 months old. This isn't the first time we've lost a pet, but it is the first time we've lost a pet this young. She was one of the sweetest, most loyal dogs anyone could ever ask for. I miss her so much. Cry

Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. We could really use them right now.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:26PM by Evening Star » Logged

Lift your voice and raise the sail
Know that love will never fail
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 01:12AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I certainly know what it's like to lose a beloved pet. I had a very sweet dog named Abby who passed away a few years ago. I was devastated. Although time has healed me, I still think about her often and I miss her like crazy. I loved Abby so much - I didn't think I could ever love another animal like that again. But about a year after Abby passed, my family and I found another pet that desperately needed a loving home - a cat that I named Fluffy. I believe Abby would have wanted us to help another animal in need.

I'll be praying for you and your family. God bless! <3
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:26AM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 04:00AM »

My  warmest  sympathies.    Sad  This  kind  of  thing  is  always  very  hard.   

Evening Star

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:34PM »

Thank you both so much. *hugs*

I'm so sorry about your dog, Chandler.  Cry Losing a pet is one of the worst things in the world.
It does get better with time, though (even though we never stop missing them).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:50PM by Evening Star » Logged

Lift your voice and raise the sail
Know that love will never fail
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 05:57AM »

Perhaps you want a new dog? I watched one of the episodes from the Arthur series when D.W. tries to make a bird named Spanky feel better by using tea, but this bird ends up dead. And then, her family sets up Spanky's funeral.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 01:47PM »

I agree with Kimberly, you SHOULD get another dog...the sooner the better. You can turn your grief into affection for a new dog. There`s one out there just waiting for you.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 07:06PM »

When or if you feel it's time for a new pet, you can get one at an animal shelter because you could save a life! Smiley
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 08:00PM »

When or if you feel it's time for a new pet, you can get one at an animal shelter because you could save a life! Smiley

That's a great idea Chandler!  Cheesy

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 09:30PM »

That's a great idea Chandler!  Cheesy
Thanks, Tom!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: