Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman Iconic's!  (Read 1426 times)
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« on: July 11, 2016, 08:21PM »

Mine...are that Bound CW to it's Greatness!

One World (2005)
Mo Ghile Mear (2006)
O Holy Night (2006)
Non Ce Piu (2009) + Amazing Grace (2009)
Stay Awake (2010)*
Sailing (2011)
Princess Totoyomi *2011
Hark The Herald Angel's (2012) *Mary's Boy Child (2012)
O Tannenbaum (2014)
Orinoco Flow (2013-pesent tour version)
O Tannenbaum (2014)
Danny Boy (2005 Anniversary Tour*)
My Land (2015)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:49PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 10:13PM »

A difficult question to answer, since they have so many good songs. I'll stick to mostly group songs for simplicity and because as amazing as most of the solos are, it's mostly the group sound that's defined the success of Celtic Woman.

You Raise Me Up (Celtic Woman - original)
This is one of their signature songs and probably one of the key reasons people got interested in Celtic Woman. Honestly, they had even better versions of this song on subsequent albums / specials and I don't necessarily think this was even the absolute best song from their first show (The spectacular harmony of Somewhere was one of the most iconic and impressive things I've ever heard). But in terms of defining their success, I think it played a huge role, especially drawing in fans who missed the first special but later heard this song on places like YouTube.

O Come All Ye Faithful / O Holy Night (A Christmas Celebration):
I felt it was necessary to include some Christmas stuff in this list because the Christmas music was a gateway to discovering Celtic Woman for quite a few fans. These were some of my favourite songs from the production.

Hark the Herald Angel's Sing (Home for Christmas):
This production was largely defined by power (huge orchestra, huge choir). Hark the Herald Angel's Sing was a spectacular, booming number.

Mo Ghile Mear (A New Journey / Songs from the Heart ... and later on Emerald)
This is one of their best finale/encore songs. It's got pace, energy, power, and it's a great tune. It was a very memorable moment from two of their most epic concerts.

Amazing Grace (Songs from the Heart)
There were some super-spectacular and iconic songs in SftH. I can easily see people choosing Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears or Danny Boy as group-defining songs. Isle of Hope is probably one of my top 10 favourites. Danny Boy was ridiculously good, but I've heard more than a few people (not necessarily hardcore fans) who refused to like this version because they would rather a guy sing this song.

The Parting Glass (Believe)
I imagine a lot of people liked this song a lot, but that it isn't their absolute favourite. I'm sure there will be differing opinions on what the iconic song was from this production, but for me, this qualifies as a signature song. This is by far the best arrangement ever of this song. Of all the songs that Celtic Woman has ever performed, this is my favourite. In fact, this version of this song is probably my favourite song of any group, ever.

My Land (Destiny)
I can certainly see some different opinions on this, like Westering Home, or Walk Beside Me. For me, it's got to be My Land. I was blown away when I heard this song and this one definitely stood out for me, even though I liked pretty much everything from Destiny.

Let the discussion begin!

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 10:36PM »

Great Phenomenal Job!
I like how you captured the CW evolvement. Grin
The difference with mine, I went with songs that triumphed meaning, captured the strongest take for CW, the chills that captures
the energy that it's CW on each album. Thank's a lot since I did forget Christmas myself. Tongue
Solo songs would be impossible, there are more than three per member that are too fantastic, think about Lisa Kelly, how would you pick
or Meav or Chloe for instance so group songs are the go to.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:48PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 04:33PM »

I think it's time to Sing Out with the 4 original singers and I feel there is a way for Susan McFadden to sing Here To Stay.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: