Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: They're heading into the studio!  (Read 52889 times)
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2016, 08:20PM »

I think the new Isle of Hope is the most beautiful orchestration in CW I have ever heard since the blessing during behind the scenes of anj.   Cheesy I do feel another voice in is a blend taste that's missed. Eabha is perfect but having another gentler vocal like when Lynn was on synced well perfectly while Mairead and Susan were there in dominance. Just like Meav, Alex, Lisa L had beautiful soprano sides of their own all these three could nail in deep vocaling in Eabhas placement. As for not keeping  Lynn was a loss at first one had predicted Rebecca would have made a great opportunity at her shoes..

The new VoA Isle of Hope orchestration is very nice indeed. It's a bit plain in some respects, but in spite of its simplicity, it does an excellent job of stimulating emotion without taking away from Eabha's beautiful voice.

I agree with you that they would have a fuller sound with more singers. They had some pretty spectacular combos that could fill out the sound very nicely without a 4th singer (ie. Chloe/Lisa Lambe/Lisa Kelly). Eabha's voice is so unique that it does put their voices a bit out of balance when they're singing together sometimes, something I thought was quite noticeable in the Destiny arrangements of Amazing Grace, Danny Boy, You Raise Me Up, etc. ... it sounded great, but it definitely a bit different than the "Classic Celtic Woman" sound (aka David Downes era).

It's quite remarkable that Mr. Downes kept finding girls with just the right voice and arranged songs in just the right way so they sounded perfect, no matter which combination of girls was singing. I think that perfect balance was easy to take for granted and that the difficulty in achieving it was easily overlooked.

Eabha's voice does bring a certain depth that they didn't have before, but I do think they would benefit from at least one more voice (<cough> TARA </cough>).

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2016, 08:50PM »

Well said Tom Wink I love reading your reviews.
David Downes proved to be the master no matter how many
singers. The Believe Team with Lisa K was Epic!

I would love it if later on David could return to pick back up to see how different direction he would take the new CW. I think Meav takes some of Davids past solutions from turning present by her's as the redirection to O America from that preview there!

I think the new Isle of Hope is the most beautiful orchestration in CW I have ever heard since the blessing during behind the scenes of anj.   Cheesy I do feel another voice in is a blend taste that's missed. Eabha is perfect but having another gentler vocal like when Lynn was on synced well perfectly while Mairead and Susan were there in dominance. Just like Meav, Alex, Lisa L had beautiful soprano sides of their own all these three could nail in deep vocaling in Eabhas placement. As for not keeping  Lynn was a loss at first one had predicted Rebecca would have made a great opportunity at her shoes..

The new VoA Isle of Hope orchestration is very nice indeed. It's a bit plain in some respects, but in spite of its simplicity, it does an excellent job of stimulating emotion without taking away from Eabha's beautiful voice.

I agree with you that they would have a fuller sound with more singers. They had some pretty spectacular combos that could fill out the sound very nicely without a 4th singer (ie. Chloe/Lisa Lambe/Lisa Kelly). Eabha's voice is so unique that it does put their voices a bit out of balance when they're singing together sometimes, something I thought was quite noticeable in the Destiny arrangements of Amazing Grace, Danny Boy, You Raise Me Up, etc. ... it sounded great, but it definitely a bit different than the "Classic Celtic Woman" sound (aka David Downes era).

It's quite remarkable that Mr. Downes kept finding girls with just the right voice and arranged songs in just the right way so they sounded perfect, no matter which combination of girls was singing. I think that perfect balance was easy to take for granted and that the difficulty in achieving it was easily overlooked.

Eabha's voice does bring a certain depth that they didn't have before, but I do think they would benefit from at least one more voice (<cough> TARA </cough>).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:52PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2016, 11:26AM »

Recently Found that The VOA special edition coming to retail this year is (o) TARGET, Get your target Exclusive Bundle  Tongue* TODAY! Actually pre-order still a waits my friends*!

Extra Bonus Song's so far includes: Orchestration's --Amazing Grace & You Raise Me Up!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:29AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2016, 10:42PM »

If you asked me to choose which style I liked best, "Classic Celtic Woman" or "New Celtic Woman," I would say BOTH! I can't choose between them, and honestly, even 12 years later, they still have that "Celtic Woman Magic" in their music, and that's something they can never, EVER lose. I think the new composer is amazing, and the new arrangements are beautiful. And btw they do have Meav helping them out, so there is still some of that "Classic Celtic Woman" touch to it.

But another thing we need to remember is, things change. THey won't stay the same forever. Celtic Woman's sound has constantly evolved and changed over the years, even when David Downes was still there. As much as I really LOVED the sound on their first album, I love that they're always experimenting with new sounds, and constantly growing. It keeps things fresh, and I'm sooo unbeliebably excited for this album! Only 11 more stinking days (or 10 depending on when you read this lol)!

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2016, 11:04PM »

If you asked me to choose which style I liked best, "Classic Celtic Woman" or "New Celtic Woman," I would say BOTH! I can't choose between them, and honestly, even 12 years later, they still have that "Celtic Woman Magic" in their music, and that's something they can never, EVER lose. I think the new composer is amazing, and the new arrangements are beautiful. And btw they do have Meav helping them out, so there is still some of that "Classic Celtic Woman" touch to it.

But another thing we need to remember is, things change. THey won't stay the same forever. Celtic Woman's sound has constantly evolved and changed over the years, even when David Downes was still there. As much as I really LOVED the sound on their first album, I love that they're always experimenting with new sounds, and constantly growing. It keeps things fresh, and I'm sooo unbeliebably excited for this album! Only 11 more stinking days (or 10 depending on when you read this lol)!

Yep. I'm literally taking the day off work on November 18th. I will be crippled with excitement. There is 0% chance I will be be able to function. I'm excited to hear them sing. I'm excited to hear Tara fiddle. And I'm excited to fall in love with with new songs and new arrangements of classics.

Things change but my love for Celtic Woman never will. They're the embodies of kindness, happiness and hope in a world that so desparately needs it. They're our angels.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2016, 02:06PM »

Okay! I think it's high time I threw in my two-cents (cuz that's just what I do).

I think this current lineup has tremendous potential and talent. The addition of Eabha adds a dimension that has been lacking since Orla (and, to a lesser extent, Alex) left, in the form of a deeper vocalist with that distinctive, traditional Irish sound. Susan can bring the power and theatre like Lisa did. And Mairead is very similar to Meav in the original show. She has the range that Meav has but, unlike Chloe from SFTH onwards, her voice isn't as powerful. Depending on the song, her voice can get lost behind Susan's raw power. But there's nothing wrong with that! In the new CD is My Heart Will Go On, a distinctly belting song. So it only makes sense Susan would lead that.

The orchestral arrangements for the new album are luxurious and marvelous. Destiny had its strong and weak moments but since it was such an Irish album, the weaker moments in terms of the lackluster orchestration were those songs that were mainly Irish and thus needed a different feel.

My only complaint about Voices Of Angels is the presence of so many old songs. I think Dulaman recordings have run their course. I'm sorry but ANJ, TGJ, SFTH (certain editions had Lisa Lambe's singing it), Emerald, and now this? Enough already! Emerald's saving grace was it included Lisa's intro plus it was the extended version. She Moved is a beautiful song too but it's not that exciting. I hoped for Susan to solo on My Heart Will Go On so she could show off her power and range. And don't even get me started on Amazing Grace and YRMU. The latter being in the show isn't too terrible but continuously recording it annoys me. And I think they ought to record something like How Great Thou Art in place of Amazing Grace just for the change. VOA would've been the perfect moment, with the full orchestra to accompany them.

All in all, I'm looking forward to more from this lineup. The talent is still evident. The difference is the new director. As far as I'm concerned, let him experiment! Let him get his groove and find what works for him and for the artists! Cuz he came in at the culmination of the 10th Anniversary. We had 10 years of David Downes. Here's to 10 years with Gavin Murphy!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2016, 03:07PM »

Yep. I'm literally taking the day off work on November 18th. I will be crippled with excitement. There is 0% chance I will be be able to function. I'm excited to hear them sing. I'm excited to hear Tara fiddle. And I'm excited to fall in love with with new songs and new arrangements of classics.

Things change but my love for Celtic Woman never will. They're the embodies of kindness, happiness and hope in a world that so desparately needs it. They're our angels.

Tom, I so agree, and my love for these wonderful people and their amazing music will NEVER change either. They're definitely my angels, because they literally saved my life. I'm really not trying to be dramatic. I'm just being honest. They're the reason why I'm still here.

And I tried multiple times to post this response, but there was ANOTHER glitch that didn't allow me to, which is why it's so late.

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2016, 05:06PM »

Tom, I so agree, and my love for these wonderful people and their amazing music will NEVER change either. They're definitely my angels, because they literally saved my life. I'm really not trying to be dramatic. I'm just being honest. They're the reason why I'm still here.

And I tried multiple times to post this response, but there was ANOTHER glitch that didn't allow me to, which is why it's so late.

Yeah, I'm having session / cookie issues too.  Sad

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2016, 01:46PM »

I would like to otherwise my two cents on this the one song which I am the most excited for in this album which surprising is Dulaman. This to me is a new rapid version & the orchestration in it transports you to a tale adventure like to the song. Also ANJ, TGJ were the same Meav old version. SFTH has no Dulaman nor a Lynn recorded version to change or to say it is the same. Yes She Moved Thru Fair after the duet and Meav is enough to me. To me however nothing is as superb as having other renditions to the power of Celtic Woman songs in a new way..Alex's The Voice recording and others say Lynn's Scarborough Fair represent their tributes to the best of CW which CW lost opportunity to succeed their albums using these two members. We will always love Lisa K's and Hayley's iconic version incomparable just as proven over Lisa Lambe's Dulaman recording over Meav. Mairead & Eabha's Newgrange were outstanding so was Alex's. Lynn's Si do Mhaiemo was as fun her Danny Boy solo no videos found was flooring as special as we love Meav. This method of resinging  is important showing how David Downes replacement & choosing of girls have defined taking over as miraculous sometimes deeming as like CW without the member was member was ever lost seeing Lynn taking Meav on ANJ.

Okay! I think it's high time I threw in my two-cents (cuz that's just what I do).

I think this current lineup has tremendous potential and talent. The addition of Eabha adds a dimension that has been lacking since Orla (and, to a lesser extent, Alex) left, in the form of a deeper vocalist with that distinctive, traditional Irish sound. Susan can bring the power and theatre like Lisa did. And Mairead is very similar to Meav in the original show. She has the range that Meav has but, unlike Chloe from SFTH onwards, her voice isn't as powerful. Depending on the song, her voice can get lost behind Susan's raw power. But there's nothing wrong with that! In the new CD is My Heart Will Go On, a distinctly belting song. So it only makes sense Susan would lead that.

The orchestral arrangements for the new album are luxurious and marvelous. Destiny had its strong and weak moments but since it was such an Irish album, the weaker moments in terms of the lackluster orchestration were those songs that were mainly Irish and thus needed a different feel.

My only complaint about Voices Of Angels is the presence of so many old songs. I think Dulaman recordings have run their course. I'm sorry but ANJ, TGJ, SFTH (certain editions had Lisa Lambe's singing it), Emerald, and now this? Enough already! Emerald's saving grace was it included Lisa's intro plus it was the extended version. She Moved is a beautiful song too but it's not that exciting. I hoped for Susan to solo on My Heart Will Go On so she could show off her power and range. And don't even get me started on Amazing Grace and YRMU. The latter being in the show isn't too terrible but continuously recording it annoys me. And I think they ought to record something like How Great Thou Art in place of Amazing Grace just for the change. VOA would've been the perfect moment, with the full orchestra to accompany them.

All in all, I'm looking forward to more from this lineup. The talent is still evident. The difference is the new director. As far as I'm concerned, let him experiment! Let him get his groove and find what works for him and for the artists! Cuz he came in at the culmination of the 10th Anniversary. We had 10 years of David Downes. Here's to 10 years with Gavin Murphy!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:11PM by rfcw » Logged

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2016, 09:18PM »

Less than 4 days to Voices of Angels!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2016, 11:19PM »

Less than 4 days to Voices of Angels!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

3 days now!!!

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2016, 11:28AM »

Less than 4 days to Voices of Angels!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

3 days now!!!

2 Days  Kiss my friends !!!

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2016, 11:55AM »

Commencing jumping up and down excitedly!

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2016, 12:14PM »

The waiting is killing me lol!!!

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2016, 09:00AM »

Depending on how early it releases on Friday, we might not even have to sleep again before we hear it!  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: