Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birthstones?  (Read 18714 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« on: October 12, 2007, 03:55PM »

Hey, pals, I know and remember that Chloe's birthstone is pearl. Can you tell me about the others?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:00PM »

Mine is either pearl or moonstone, depending on whom you ask.

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 04:00PM »

Dierdre's would be a ruby.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 04:02PM »

These are the modern birthstones, Kim:

Méav - garnet
Hayley, Lynn and Mairead - diamond
Lisa - emerald
Chloe - pearl
Deirdre - ruby
Orlagh - peridot

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 05:47PM »

That's a good list, Rich, I'm so gone out to diamonds. Smiley Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 11:21AM »

I got the same one as Meav! Awesome.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 05:04PM »

You can just use these if you need to. Oh, and those Celtic Woman ladies will see them all.

Most gems are birthstones.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Gwyn71

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 09:16AM »

I have the same birthstone as Orla  Cheesy Peridot is not my favorite color...it's sort of a yellowy green. But it's great to share the same stone with Orla.
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 02:27PM »

Garnet is perfect for me cause I am a Gamecock all the way!
Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 06:08AM »

I have noo idea, though I might be the same as Méav, since her B-day is the closest to mine Wink But I love the colours of the stones, and they're so nice and shiny! Wink

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 06:10AM »

Much as I tell, they show you that you see it color by color in a difference.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Lotte
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 06:49AM »

The tradition of birthstone gems is as old as civilization itself. Ancient Roman, Arabic and Indian cultures all revered gems and linked specific gems with either the months of the year or the zodiac. The first reference to birthstone gems in Western writings is in the Book of Exodus in the Old Testament. Moses' brother Aaron, a high priest in the Jewish religion, is described as wearing a ceremonial breastplate adorned with 12 different gemstones mounted in elaborate gold settings, which historians say represented the 12 tribes of Israel, the 12 signs of the zodiac and the 12 months of the year.

JANUARY
Garnet
Derived from the Latin word "granatus," garnet crystals were the color and shape of pomegranate seeds. They are found in all colors except blue, with green garnets known as Tsavorite. It was believed that garnets kept travelers healthy and protected.

FEBRUARY
Amethyst
A purple quartz crystal steeped in ancient lore, mysticism and age-old magic, amethyst is said to bring good luck and radiate love. Prized by ancient royalty for its regal color, legend has it that the amethyst originated from Bacchus, the god of wine.

MARCH
Aquamarine
Aquamarine belongs to the beryl family of gemstones and embodies the beauty of the seas. Aquamarine was believed to bring its wearers knowledge, foresight and inspiration, and was said to be the stone of the sea goddesses.

APRIL
Diamond
The most brilliant of all gemstones, diamonds are spiritual, magical and the hardest known substance. Cherished for more than 6,000 years, diamonds were thought to be pieces of stars that had fallen to Earth.

MAY
Emerald
This stone has long been regarded as a symbol of fertility, rebirth and springtime. The most prized varieties are the color of green grass. In ancient Rome, emeralds were valued for their protective qualities and calming effects.

JUNE
Pearl
Known as the "Queen of Gems," these beautiful jewels of the sea are indigenous to Japan and China, where oysters produce tiny miracles in colors ranging from creamy white to jet-black. Pearls are versatile: casual for day, elegant for night. Alternate stone is moonstone.

JULY
Ruby
A prized possession of kings and queens throughout the ages, rubies are a symbol of love and immortality. Bright red in color, rubies were often set in engagement rings instead of diamonds.

AUGUST
Peridot
Romans called peridot "olivine," describing the dark olive green tones of Italian peridot. American peridot is a vibrant yellow-green. Mystics believed this lustrous stone had miraculous healing properties and could drive away evil spirits.

SEPTEMBER
Sapphire
Derived from the Latin word for blue, "sapphires," sapphires were believed to be the guardians of love. Ancient Persians believed the Earth rested on an enormous blue sapphire, and its reflection caused the blueness of the sky.

OCTOBER
Opal
Latin for "precious stone," Opals are made of silica jell, with layers added over millions of years. The opal's dazzling characteristic is an iridescent property that creates its "fiery" color. Romans believed opals were the symbol of hope and purity. Alternate stone is tourmaline.

NOVEMBER
Yellow Topaz
The word topaz means fire, an appropriate appellation for the brilliant orange-red varieties of this gem. A symbol of friendship, this golden gem was known to calm anger and guard against envy. Alternate stone is citrine.

DECEMBER
Tanzanite
The vibrant violet-blue gem was recently awarded the honor of being added to the traditional list of birthstones. Tanzanite was discovered near Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania in the mid-1960s. Alternate stones are blue topaz, blue zircon and turquoise.

K, this shows what everyone's birthstone is.... Mine's a tanzanite!

jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 12:21AM »

DECEMBER
Tanzanite
The vibrant violet-blue gem was recently awarded the honor of being added to the traditional list of birthstones. Tanzanite was discovered near Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania in the mid-1960s. Alternate stones are blue topaz, blue zircon and turquoise.

K, this shows what everyone's birthstone is.... Mine's a tanzanite!

[/quote]

Mine too! Smiley
Lotte
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 02:33AM »

Cool Smiley When's your Birthday?

jillebeans
Honorary Roadie