Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will people accept the fact that CW will have a line up change  (Read 5390 times)
BlueAquaOcean

« on: August 07, 2016, 01:37PM »

So reading the Facebook post introducing Tara McNeil, one guy said the line up changes are "making concert attendance suffer" and that CW "should take a break" and "wait until everyone's ready to come back to tour"

No! CW is not going to take a break! Yes, it's sad that Mairead N will be gone, but we don't know if it's going to be permanently yet.
And I high doubt concert attendance will suffer when the real fans come out to support them.

And Mairead said she'd share will us her new record abd shows, so she's not disappearing. All of the girls who left haved moved on and so should we.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 01:56PM »

Thank you for posting this.

As many of you know, I wasn't involved much at all on forums or social media until around the time when the Destiny special rolled out.

I came across a number of posts that not only made me very sad, but offended me deeply as a fan and as a person.

That is one of the reasons I finally got actively involved in posting things instead of being a side-line fan. I could no longer watch people complain and insult the new girls or the new music every time there was a change. That's a bad experience for the girls and for the other fans.

Some of the comments I've seen so far have honestly made me want to cry more than the news itself about Mairead leaving.

All that Celtic Woman has been should be appreciated, but people need to also appreciate what we have right now. I think Tara's going to be AMAZING and while I admit it won't be the same, for me, it doesn't need to be. I want to appreciate Tara for who she is and what she can do rather wonder how she's going to fill Mairead's shoes.

I know most of us here will embrace Tara and I feel so sorry for any of the fans out there who won't even give her a chance.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 02:00PM »

I'll have to quote myself, from my blog post I made earlier today:

I am sure Tara will have a difficult start with Celtic Woman. She is talented, and skilled, and seems to be a very nice person, but the girls who came to follow founding members always had the most backlash. And Máiréad in particular has always been considered irreplaceable, and as being the essence of Celtic Woman.

I see it differently. I don’t think any Celtic Woman has ever been replaced or has ever been a replacement. There are no past or present Celtic Women, there are only those who tour and record with the group right now, and then there are those who do something else in the moment. I am certain Tara will bring something unique to the group, that will make her place entirely her own, while Máiréad will always keep her own place, to return at any given time.

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 03:29PM »

Some of the comments I've seen so far have honestly made me want to cry more than the news itself about Mairead leaving.

This. It's ridiculous that those people call themselves CW fans. Actually, I agree with your entire post.
BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 05:15PM »

This. It's ridiculous that those people call themselves CW fans. Actually, I agree with your entire post.

They aren't real fans, because real fand understand and support them. I apologize if I offended anyone, but it's true
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 05:23PM »

There are the true fans, who support CW even when they change, as long as the change is good on its own, and then there are the curious people who discover CW through their current line ups. I know that it is difficult to let go, but the older CWuties don't disappear, after all, they still do other things - that is why they leave or take breaks, after all. I think those older line up- or original five-purist "fans" reject newer members too early. And then, they still were sad in the end, when Alex, and Lynn, and the other "replacements" left, even though they complained about them coming just a few years earlier.

Both Méav and David are great in choosing Celtic Women, and there is no doubt that Tara will be another great fit.

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 05:23PM »

There have been numerous lineup changes to CW  over the years with the usual ...NOOOOOO...so and so can`t leave!!...then the new member fits in like a glove and all is well again with the universe.....so it`ll be this time , too. Take a deep breath....Tara will fit in just fine and life as we know it ...WILL go on.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 05:24PM »

They aren't real fans, because real fand understand and support them. I apologize if I offended anyone, but it's true

See this is exactly what ive been saying on Facebook when people would claim that Mairead will never come back to CW. I think she will. She even said she would return. I believe her. Yes, Lisa Lambe said the same thing and that turned out to be untrue and im disappointed about that, but I believe that in Maireads case, this is different. I think they might still use her on CDs in the future. They have no reason not to.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
dbbii

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 12:02PM »

As one of the long time fans (60 shows), what seems to be missing is the connection with the fans.  If I had not had the opportunity to meet several of the girls fairly early in my travels, I probably would not have been to as many shows.  The initial M&G's were a lot more personal. 

Do I still like the music?  Absolutely.  However, it was the connection to the girls that made the show special.  That's what's missing.

Will I travel again to go to a show?  Probably not.  Local maybe.   

The Quiet Man

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 01:32PM »

No, the act is not going to take a break, it was made clear in 2007 when there was the whole Hayley/Meav switchoff issue that Celtic Woman is a show or a brand, not a group, and as such, it's not tied to the identities of any of the soloists.  I can't speak to whether the lineup changes have made attendance suffer or not and I am not sure anyone is in a position to track the metrics for a statement like that.  The group is still going after 11 years, so it's still viable, at least for now. 

That said, people are going to have their opinions about what they like and what they don't.  In this age of Twitter and Facebook people can pretty much say whatever they please on any subject, and no one can silence them.  You can disagree with them, you can say what they say offends you, you can say what they say is wrong and here are the reasons why, BUT, you can't silence them.  THIS SITE can say certain things can't be posted HERE, but it can't control what people post elsewhere, and frankly I think it's not a good precedent for this site to discipline people for what they say or do somewhere else.       

It's also not for any fan to say who is a true fan and who isn't.  The title of true fan is not one to be bestowed for correct thinking and taken away for incorrect thinking.  That kind of accusation is just going to produce fighting among the fans that is going to be counterproductive. 

The only thing to do at this point is to watch and see where this all goes.               
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 02:04PM »

A TRUE CW fan will accept the changes, Lord knows there`s been enough over the years, and did the music suffer??? NOOOOOO...in fact Destiny was the best show/music I`ve seen so far...and I`ve seen EVERY incarnation  for the most part. As a MAJOR Mairead N. fan....which the old timers on this forum KNOW I am, if I can accept Tara...and I can, then everyone should. The last show I saw was AWESOME...back at the end of June and IF I have the pleasure of seeing them again, I KNOW it`ll be a "fentestic" show(using a bit of Maireadspeak).

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 05:45PM »

We all feel a bit funny at the beginning when a new member is introduced from their bio and image.
It just needs time and then we fall in love. The first moment Lisa L sang O Come A Ye Faith Ful I was in Love.
It took me time to accept Lisa Lambe in Believe while I missed Alex and Lynn total lots, however during Emerald and HFC
Lisa Lambe is a breath-taking favorite. For Susan felt odd at the first does she fit CW but now on Destiny it's like a celebration confetti for her. When I heard Alex with the group I was floored on the New Journey Tour singing You Raise Me Up.

I think what's most fantastic incredible is after 10 years the new shows and new songs there's not a point where it leads
to "Yeah here we go again, another show, another solo. Susan has been with the group since 2012. Her first very own CW solo on album for her not counting
her HFC, only made airs in 2016, and it's still feels like new, that she started the journey with CW. "Whole of The Moon" and funny,
not only we see her first time on her own new CW special Destiny (emerald felt more like a tribute) but get to see her not new like Eabha, but as
a soloist like' "There goes my Susan" marking her CW stamp.  Cheesy  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:47PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 06:09PM »

I know  a  lot  of  us  feared  what  would  happen if   our Fairy Fiddler  left.  It  was feared  beyond  the  departure of  any  vocalist  would  have  been.  But  have  no  fear- I  say ...  Our  "Creative  Consultant"  - the  one  and  only  Meav - has  deemed  our  new  Tara  to  be a  worthy  successor.  My faith  in Meav  makes  me  have  faith  in Tara.  Love  her- Meav  does.  Smiley 

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 07:02PM »

I know  a  lot  of  us  feared  what  would  happen if   our Fairy Fiddler  left.  It  was feared  beyond  the  departure of  any  vocalist  would  have  been.  But  have  no  fear- I  say ...  Our  "Creative  Consultant"  - the  one  and  only  Meav - has  deemed  our  new  Tara  to  be a  worthy  successor.  My faith  in Meav  makes  me  have  faith  in Tara.  Love  her- Meav  does.  Smiley 

Well-said!

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 07:19PM »

I agree. After all, Méav is a musical genius! Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: