Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will people accept the fact that CW will have a line up change  (Read 5384 times)
The Quiet Man

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 06:51AM »

As a MAJOR Mairead N. fan....which the old timers on this forum KNOW I am, if I can accept Tara...and I can, then everyone should.

Ummm, no Kevin, you don't get to tell the other fans that because you feel one way so should everyone.  That's the "no true Texan/Scotsman" argument and it's not a fair one.  People have their opinions.  Now, if the leaders of this site want to make sure Tara isn't attacked before she has a chance to show what she can do, that's one thing.  The fans SHOULD give Tara a chance, but no one is REQUIRED to on condition of being branded a false fan.  What's more, if they give her a chance and she turns out not to be their cup of tea, that doesn't mean they have no musical sense or are disloyal or anything else.  Again, if the leaders of this site don't want the of thought that "she's not my cup of tea" or "sorry, I saw her and I still like Mairead better" expressed here, then that's also all right, and those fans will just move on.  But no one fan is ever the arbiter or judge of the others.         
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 07:09AM »

The Quiet Man, I agree with your post - but not in response to Kevin's post. All he said that everyone else can accept her into the group. No one has to like her more than Máiréad. And one can even like the replacements of their own favourites. My own favourite - Méav - has been replaced the most often, and I love all the girls! Aside from that, it's also fine for a CW fan not to like a particular member because of their performance/style/whatever. I just don't think it's not okay not to like someone, just because they are not someone else.

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 10:18AM »

I think everyone's making good and valid points.

It is up to each fan who they do and don't like and we all have different tastes. If anyone doesn't like Tara legitimately, I can respect their opinion even if I don't agree with it.

What breaks me heart though is:
- When people don't give the new girls a chance
- When someone makes up their mind without even listening to her
- When someone legitimately doesn't like the new girl as much as the previous member(s) but then just gives up on the group because it's "not the same" ... if that's someone's opinion, I can respect it, but it does make me very, very sad, because I love Celtic Woman so much
- People sharing negative opinions with the girls in thread. I mean, people are entitled to express an opinion and I suppose it's good for CW to have feedback, but for CW, the girls really are the face of the organization. They're the stars and on the front lines interacting with us. And people essentially telling the girls they suck is really disrespectful and I can't stand seeing it. For lack of a better term, I'd rather people sugar coat their feedback a bit. State what you like about the previous members, not what you dislike.

Anyways, those are my thoughts and I understand not everyone will agree.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 10:22AM »

100%ly agree, Tom!

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 10:47AM »

Thanks.

Sorry if I started ranting a bit, I'm just really protective of the group and the girls.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
The Quiet Man

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 11:11AM »

Thanks.

Sorry if I started ranting a bit, I'm just really protective of the group and the girls.

You don't need to be.  The opinions of someone on a forum will not hurt either.  If someone is dumb enough to actually say bad things directly to them on fb or twitter their social media folks will take care of that.  Concentrate on enjoying their music, and don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says.   
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 03:52PM »

I know  a  lot  of  us  feared  what  would  happen if   our Fairy Fiddler  left.  It  was feared  beyond  the  departure of  any  vocalist  would  have  been.  But  have  no  fear- I  say ...  Our  "Creative  Consultant"  - the  one  and  only  Meav - has  deemed  our  new  Tara  to  be a  worthy  successor.  My faith  in Meav  makes  me  have  faith  in Tara.  Love  her- Meav  does.  Smiley 
I agree. After all, Méav is a musical genius! Grin
  Quite  agreed !  Smiley    And  she  is  a  classy lady  of  impeccable  taste. 

BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 04:39PM »

Thanks.

You don't need to be.  The opinions of someone on a forum will not hurt either.  If someone is dumb enough to actually say bad things directly to them on fb or twitter their social media folks will take care of that.  Concentrate on enjoying their music, and don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says.   
Or we and CW can just block and/or report them
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 04:35PM »

I'm sad about Máiréad N. leaving as I'm a huge fan of hers, but I'm excited for her upcoming solo CD.  I'm also excited to hear Tara for the first time.   

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: