Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite "Songbook" Song?  (Read 3615 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« on: August 22, 2016, 01:26PM »

I know there are some of you who didn't want to get that album due to the circumstances, but for those who did, what are your favorite songs?

I love her whole album, but I do have my favorites!

Scarlet Ribbons
Only You
Daisy
While Mountain Thyme
Can't Help Falling in Love
You Belong to Me
Streets of London
Oft in the Stilly Night

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 02:19PM »

I picked "The Parting Glass" - absolutely stunning!
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:41PM »

I liked all of them, but I picked the 6 I loved the most:

Oft In The Stilly Night
Scarlet Ribbons
You Belong To Me
Can't Help Falling In Love
Streets of London
Only You

I did enjoy The Parting Glass, but the CW group covers of the Parting Glass from Believe or Emerald are my favourite versions of any song ever. I couldn't ever love another version of that song as much as the Celtic Woman group arrangements, no matter how good it is.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 02:51AM »

I did enjoy The Parting Glass, but the CW group covers of the Parting Glass from Believe or Emerald are my favourite versions of any song ever. I couldn't ever love another version of that song as much as the Celtic Woman group arrangements, no matter how good it is.

Haha I am totally with you! I've heard some other amazing versions of that song I LOVE but CW's versions will always be my favorites with THK's a VERY close second!

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 07:16PM »

I can't say that Celtic Woman's version of "The Parting Glass" is my favorite even though it's amazing. My favorite is George Donaldson's version because I get chills every time I listen to it - it's like he was saying goodbye to everyone before he passed away. Cry
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 08:11PM »

I can't say that Celtic Woman's version of "The Parting Glass" is my favorite even though it's amazing. My favorite is George Donaldson's version because I get chills every time I listen to it - it's like he was saying goodbye to everyone before he passed away. Cry

Wow... your interpretation of that really got me emotional (in a good way). That's a beautiful way to look at it. And I really love his version too. I honestly wish it was available as a karaoke track.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: