Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Problem Regarding Auld Lang Syne  (Read 6925 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: September 03, 2016, 06:11PM »

I didn't know the best place to put this topic, so I thought that I'd put it here: I had done this video on my laptop using Windows Movie Maker and was going to post it to facebook. There was a problem: it wouldn't let me post it due to Auld Lang Syne being under copyright from Celtic Woman. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about this. Is there a way for me to get the rights? Do you think that Celtic Woman would let facebook let me use the song? I'm not sure if any of the other music had problems and I previously posted a video to facebook with one of Chloe's song from one of her solo CDs. I was able to post the same video that I did to google+. I haven't tried youtube since I don't have an account there and I don't know if I would also run into the same problem there or not. What are people's advice on this matter?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 06:28PM »

If you could get the rights, then for a whole lot of money, but you might be able to ask if you could upload it to facebook. I'd say you should try uploading it on YouTube, it might get blocked, but there's also the chance that it won't.

Eric90

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 11:01AM »

there are other sites you could upload it to with no problems like Vimeo or Dailymotion. I've had similar problems with Youtube. I was asked to take down a video I uploaded of Lisa singing Bridge Over Troubled Water and The Holy Ground. apparently by people claiming to be affiliated with Lisa herself but that's another story. I too uploaded clips of Lisa singing onto my Facebook with no problems though

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 07:41AM »

That explains it, funny on Facebook I uploaded a created video with the song When You Wish Upon a Star with Lisa and it accepted, but for my christmas holiday video with the song I'll Be Home For Christmas, it refused or stated copyright..Another Lisa Lambe factor! Cheesy

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 11:17PM »

I might have to tweet her about this to see if she can help. If not, since this is just a personal video anyways, I'll just show it to people when they are around.

Do I want to know how expensive the rights to the Celtic Woman version of this song is? I burn through my paychecks really quickly. (I don't earn that much at my job, but let's not get into much of that here.) I don't know if it would be worth it to buy the rights to the song.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: