Print  
Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 13370 times)
Watchman16

Ezekial 33:6

Hi!
« on: October 20, 2016, 02:59PM »

Dear Celtic Woman Forum Members:

Hi! 

I am so excited to be able to participate in this forum! I was introduced to Celtic Woman several years ago, and I have enjoyed listening to their music ever since.

I am going to be attending my first Celtic Woman concert this December. I have to say it has been an answer to pray as the Lord has not opened a door for that opportunity until a few weeks ago. Praise Him! Smiley I am very excited and I would live to ask you a question.

First off, I read a very touching story of how member @littlecubspirit met all the Celtic Women following a spring concert a few years ago. I could relate to her statements about finances prohibiting any such notions of Meet and Greets. Consequently, I wanted to ask: Is it still possible to stand outside the stage door and possibly meet them? Or, would it be better to ask the theater to forward on letters to them? I have always wanted to personally meet them, and I have heard the Celtic Women are down-to-earth and personable. Smiley I am only sad that I was never able to meet or see Lisa Lambe in concert. I have never seen a smile so contagious! However, I have been blessed by an autograph from Lisa Lambe from the CW headquarters, and a few tweets as well! (Does anyone wish she would return, or is it just me?)

Thank you all in advance!
Watchman16

P.S. Thank you @littlecubspirit for posting that story! It is really encouraging. Smiley

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 04:04PM »

it IS possible to meet and chat with them outside the stage door after a concert....I`ve been to 6 concerts, number 7 is next April. Depending on the venue, it certainly is worthwhile to wait for them outside the stage door. My experience has been that they`re VERY accomodating....will chat with you, sign autographs and take pictures. Mairead Carlin is "Miss Personality Plus" and the others are very sweet. So go ahead and try a "bus n` greet". Good Luck.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:06PM by Kevin R.I. » Logged

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 06:36PM »

We were able to talk to Brian he stood out in the parking lot people audiences would pass him without thinking he was from the show lol. While he says hello, at some point Mairead C took a stroll around the property, It happened so quick maybe I didn't want to jump in to her, but you gots to take every opportunity you can...anyway most grateful I got privilege to chat with both Sarah and Edele before and after our show on their final year on tour!  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:37PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 06:46PM »

Dear Celtic Woman Forum Members:

Hi!  

I am so excited to be able to participate in this forum! I was introduced to Celtic Woman several years ago, and I have enjoyed listening to their music ever since.

I am going to be attending my first Celtic Woman concert this December. I have to say it has been an answer to pray as the Lord has not opened a door for that opportunity until a few weeks ago. Praise Him! Smiley I am very excited and I would live to ask you a question.

First off, I read a very touching story of how member @littlecubspirit met all the Celtic Women following a spring concert a few years ago. I could relate to her statements about finances prohibiting any such notions of Meet and Greets. Consequently, I wanted to ask: Is it still possible to stand outside the stage door and possibly meet them? Or, would it be better to ask the theater to forward on letters to them? I have always wanted to personally meet them, and I have heard the Celtic Women are down-to-earth and personable. Smiley I am only sad that I was never able to meet or see Lisa Lambe in concert. I have never seen a smile so contagious! However, I have been blessed by an autograph from Lisa Lambe from the CW headquarters, and a few tweets as well! (Does anyone wish she would return, or is it just me?)

Thank you all in advance!
Watchman16

P.S. Thank you @littlecubspirit for posting that story! It is really encouraging. Smiley

Welcome to the forum Watchman16!

I'm not as well-traveled as Kevin it appears. I've only been to one Celtic Woman so far (earlier this year), but I'm going to see them again in December.

The only member of Celtic Woman I've ever met is Chloe (in August of this year). She was an absolute joy.  Cheesy

I've never been to a Celtic Woman meet and greet before (official or stage-door). I'm going to give it a try at my venue. Hopefully it's not too cold because I'd hate to keep them in the cold for too long, especially if there's other fans waiting for them at the stage door too. I'm really shy too, so I hope I don't chicken out like last time (well, then again last time was in downtown Detroit so I didn't really feel like hanging around outside for an extended period) ... anyways, let's wish each other good fortunes at the stage door.  Wink

Also, I agree with you: there have been a lot of touching Celtic Woman fan stories, but @littlecubspirit's is one of the most powerful ones I've ever heard. I don't want to say things got that close for me but it was very, VERY bad for me for many years. Celtic Woman cheered me up countless times, even in the worst of times, when nothing else could and I can never thank them enough for their beautiful music.

Tiffany's story is really inspirational too:
https://www.scribd.com/document/320110680/Celtic-Woman-My-Story-of-Salvation

Anyways, the Celtic Woman Forum is a place of positive energy. There's lots of wonderful people here on the forum that share your love for Celtic Woman and their music. Have a great time here!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:53PM by CWazyTom » Logged

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 10:47PM »

Welcome to the fourm! Grin
Watchman16

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 08:34PM »

Thank you all for your kind words, and advice! Boy, I didn't think I would receive such positive replies! Lord willing, I will try that and maybe I will be able to post my own "When You Believe" story! Smiley
Chloeandeahbafan1

im kennedy i have ausim and love celtic woman

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 02:23PM »

Hi I'm kennedy welcome to the fourm I always wanted to meet cw I hope this next year will be my chalice I really wanted to meet eabha I have a question can I make a gift for them just asking

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 03:08PM »

Yes, Kennedy, you can make gifts for the CW ladies. Smiley
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 02:17PM »

Hey Kennedy, YES you can give a gift to the CW....if you have an M&G , bring it along.....if you`re going to do a "bus n` greet"...STILL try. It depends on the venue  as far as "bus n` greets" go.....sometimes the venue has a parking lot where the busses park and it`s a bit of a distance to see them as they exit the theater. LUCKILY  at the Providence Performng Arts Center, where I`ve seen them 4 times with #5 coming in April, there IS no parking lot and the buses park on a side street adjasent to the theater and our ladies have to exit the stage door and walk up the street to the busses. Theres`s a security guard present but you have full access to them as they exit the building and they`re more than willing to interact with the fans. chatting, signing autographs and taking pics. Mairead Carlin is SUPER sweet, taking time to chat and sign autographs. She said she noticed my "GOT MAIREAD?" shirt(I had front row)...."I SAW THAT! and I told her it was my 6th concert and she said " I hope you`ll keep coming back" and Mairead N. and Eabha were accessable and signed autographs. Eabha seemed a bit taken back when I told her " YOU WERE WONDERFUL" and she gave me an autograph......Eabha is STUNNING ....not only on stage but up close.....incredibly BEAUTIFUL. 

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Watchman16

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 01:39PM »

I tried contacting the theater where I will be attending my first concert concerning giving the Celtic Women a fan letter, but they will not return my call or my email. They do have a parking lot, but it is very tightly packed. Also, I didn't see a stage door... Any ideas?
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 05:07PM »

I'm not experienced at stage-and-greets, but I think I would go a few hours before the show and walk around looking for the tour bus.

They most likely have to return there at some point so hang out in viewing range of the bus after the show, or between the venue and the bus.

My guess would be it would take some time after the show before they go to the bus. 30 minutes maybe. Probably enough time for the parking lot to thin out so it won't be too hard to spot them.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: