Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danny Boy  (Read 4070 times)
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« on: December 13, 2016, 09:05AM »

Meav is the only member to sing a solo twice on a PBS special it is Celtic Woman popular song. Is there one you prefer over the other. Are they completely identical including her singing ?
Helix vs ANJ

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 07:09PM »

Meav is the only member to sing a solo twice on a PBS special it is Celtic Woman popular song. Is there one you prefer over the other. Are they completely identical including her singing ?
Helix vs ANJ
The original  Helix  and  ANY  Danny Boy  performances  are  different  from  each  other-  both  gorgeous.    Kiss Similar  in composition- yes.  I like  the  ANJ  just  a  bit  better fgor  whatever  reason. I also  love  Meav's CD  version  of  Danny  Boy  ( Celtic Journey)  which  is  probably  her  most  technically  perfect version  of  it.   Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 07:20PM »

Helix vs ANJ

That's actually not true at all. Chloe sang Nocturne and Ave Maria (Schubert Version) for both Believe and Emerald. Technically she sang Ave Maria 3 times if you include the original Gounard's version in the original show. She also sang Panis Angelicus for the ANJ and ACC DVDs.

But as for your Meav-related Danny Boy question, I prefer the ANJ version. Firstly, her vocals are stronger and less airy like her Helix version. Plus her gorgeous red dress and the stunning outdoor location makes it the better of the two.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 07:31PM »

Helix vs ANJ

That's actually not true at all. Chloe sang Nocturne and Ave Maria (Schubert Version) for both Believe and Emerald. Technically she sang Ave Maria 3 times if you include the original Gounard's version in the original show. She also sang Panis Angelicus for the ANJ and ACC DVDs.

But as for your Meav-related Danny Boy question, I prefer the ANJ version. Firstly, her vocals are stronger and less airy like her Helix version. Plus her gorgeous red dress and the stunning outdoor location makes it the better of the two.
  I  think  RFCW  means  "Danny  Boy"   in  particular  as  far  as  the PBS  special  solos  go.   Smiley   Our  French  friend  has  a  unique  way  of  expressing  himself.  You are  right  about  the other  solos  and  artists.  Smiley  Interesting  question  arises  from  this,   though  ...  Is  Meav  the  only  in concert  CW to  sing  Danny Boy  solo in  concert ?  Perhaps  Deirdre  when she  alternated  with  Meav  for  awhile ? Otherwise,  we  know  that  CW went  to  group  versions  of  above  mentioned  song  thereafter. 

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 07:53PM »

I'd imagine that Dierdre sang it when she stepped in for Meav. I think Hayley and Lynn sang the solo as well on the ANJ tour.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 10:27PM »

Helix vs ANJ

I  think  RFCW  means  "Danny  Boy"   in  particular  as  far  as  the PBS  special  solos  go.   Smiley   Our  French  friend  has  a  unique  way  of  expressing  himself.  You are  right  about  the other  solos  and  artists.  Smiley  Interesting  question  arises  from  this,   though  ...  Is  Meav  the  only  in concert  CW to  sing  Danny Boy  solo in  concert ?  Perhaps  Deirdre  when she  alternated  with  Meav  for  awhile ? Otherwise,  we  know  that  CW went  to  group  versions  of  above  mentioned  song  thereafter. 

Oh my bad! I thought he meant singers who had the same solo in multiple specials. Sorry about that one RFCW!

As far as your question Raving Meaviac, Deirdre, Halyey, and Lynn all sang Danny Boy as a solo when they each took over for her.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 11:43AM »

You are Quite something Raving Meaviac -James, I admire & truly Appreciate your response.* MERCI Mon Ami!
Also pal mattycakes thank you for apologizing though you not need to, your answer is totally right & important!
I had forgotten the two I forget when it comes to Emerald to me Emerald was like an Anniversary DVD so if they performed it again then just like they did also Awakening it's different as goes to memory lane, & Panis Angelicus for the ANJ and ACC DVD I have not noticed that myself. My question was about the 2 Danny Boy's , however if I stated she was the only member to sing it in 2 specials then I am wrong since Chloe has done done it herself. Voila  Your Both Correct mattycakes in fact & James being genuine & sweet.

Besides, I love reading Mattycakes responses which are always very interesting and factual to CW content. Wink

Smiley You 2 for the Forum are AWESOME!!!

I  think  RFCW  means  "Danny  Boy"   in  particular  as  far  as  the PBS  special  solos  go.      Our  French  friend  has  a  unique  way  of  expressing  himself.  You are  right  about  the other  solos  and  artists.    Interesting  question  arises  from  this,   though  ...  Is  Meav  the  only  in concert  CW to  sing  Danny Boy  solo in  concert ?  Perhaps  Deirdre  when she  alternated  with  Meav  for  awhile ? Otherwise,  we  know  that  CW went  to  group  versions  of  above  mentioned  song  thereafter.

Oh my bad! I thought he meant singers who had the same solo in multiple specials. Sorry about that one RFCW!

As far as your question Raving Meaviac, Deirdre, Halyey, and Lynn all sang Danny Boy as a solo when they each took over for her.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:56AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: