Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to say goodbye  (Read 4537 times)
BlueAquaOcean

« on: January 14, 2017, 08:25PM »

Is this the same as the Italian language song
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 11:45PM »

Is this the same as the Italian language song
What  CW  feature  are  you  referring  to  ?   Undecided

Excalibur

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 06:50AM »

It is the same song originally sung by Andrea Bocelli (he won the most important musical contest in Italy, the Sanremo Festival, with it). The original version was called "Con Te Patrirò" and had obviously Italian lyrics, but Bocelli sang it with Sarah Brightman with the title "Time To Say Goodbye" (still with Italian lyrics, except for one line). Then pretty much everyone else has sung it, in Italian or in English (Il Divo, for example). Celtic Woman has done it completely in English - which was a great idea IMHO, since they don't always get our pronunciation right Wink

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:20AM »

There is also a fully English solo version by Sarah Brightman, but I think the lyrics are slightly different.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 06:52PM »

Are the words from the celtic woman version a translation of Italian version or did they write new words for the English translation?

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Excalibur

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 03:44PM »

Are the words from the celtic woman version a translation of Italian version or did they write new words for the English translation?

Some parts are quite true to the original, but of course you can't have a literal translation in any song, because most of our words in Italian are longer if compared to their English counterparts Smiley The overall sense of the song is the same, it's a dream about a journey with someone who's not there.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 09:42PM »

This song has also been done in Spanish by Sarah Brightman.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 12:09PM »

LOVELY BANNER OF THE GIRLS IN BLUE THIS TIME.  IS THIS CUSTOM MADE OR IS CW PROMOTING IT? Smiley  Wink

Some parts are quite true to the original, but of course you can't have a literal translation in any song, because most of our words in Italian are longer if compared to their English counterparts Smiley The overall sense of the song is the same, it's a dream about a journey with someone who's not there.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Excalibur

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 04:36PM »

LOVELY BANNER OF THE GIRLS IN BLUE THIS TIME.  IS THIS CUSTOM MADE OR IS CW PROMOTING IT? Smiley  Wink

I made it  Wink

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 10:26AM »

WOW!

I made it  Wink

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: