Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can people stop asking  (Read 7620 times)
BlueAquaOcean

« on: May 09, 2017, 09:49PM »

Lisa or Chloe if they'll come back to CW. Asking them about a reunion show is one thing, but if they'll come back is another. They have moved on, people who are asking Lisa on FB!
And someone else said both of them must have left CW on bad terms. We don't know for sure, but I don't think that's the case. Let's not assume and just be glad they are still around.
Not saying anyone on here is doing it, just thought I'd say let's not start any gossip.
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:56PM »

I agree.

I know some people out there maybe haven't heard them say it thousands of times already. But a lot of the people perpetuating these questions have heard the answers before.

I wish people would stop pestering them about it and respect the decisions that Lisa and Chloe have made.

They've both moved on. They enjoy the freedom. They're doing what they love and they're doing it their way.

Along with the incessant questions of whether or not they're coming back, people insist on remarking that Celtic Woman is "just not the same." I know there are fans that feel that Celtic Woman lost its magic when Lisa and Chloe left.

I can respect fans who lost interest over time because they were most loyal to *their* Celtic Woman, who had moved on from the group. I understand that the group sounds a bit different now, but I feel so sad for anyone that thinks that different is not ok. I feel sorry for anyone that can't see how special the girls are that we have right now. Yeah, Lisa and Chloe aren't in the group anymore and sure they were AMAZING! But Susan is an absolute joy. Eabha's got one of the most unique and enchanting voices you'll ever hear. There are few people on earth that can touch the range and power of Mairead Carlin. Tara is incredibly gifted. People say there's nobody like Mairead Nesbitt. That's true, but there's also nobody like Tara.

They're all so sweet and classy. What more could a fan possibly ask for than what we have in these wonderful women?

I get that the departure of David Downes changed things too. He's a genius who got the most out of every performer and the group as a whole. We appreciated his work with Celtic Woman for a long time. Now we're fortunate enough to enjoy Gavin Murphy and Meav and their own brands of creative genius.

Do people think it makes Lisa and Chloe feel all warm and fuzzy inside when they disrespect the girls in Celtic Woman? Those girls are their friends! Chloe's going to Susan's wedding for crying out loud! You're not stroking their egos. Lisa and Chloe aren't going "yeah, we were better, weren't we." You're making them feel uncomfortable when you say things like that.

No, there won't be a grand reunion.

No, they're not going to come back to Celtic Woman for one more tour or to fill in for any of the other girls.

No, they're not going to show up on stage for a surprise guest appearance some night at the venue where you're seeing Celtic Woman.

Those are our dreams. Let's let support Lisa and Chloe while they live theirs.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 06:35PM »

I think at the most, these people are talking to a wall. The more they ask, the less Lisa or Chloe or anyone else is going to care they think
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 08:27AM »

it's quite interesting not to picture Chloe or Lisa return for a one day reunion. The tenth anniversary
was a tour in itself and neither Orla came on to make this special occasion Chloe, and Lisa L left sooner around the corner so I understand why they wouldn't be or need to be involved aka Emerald Gems. I understand why Lisa K couldn't however in the meantime having Meav return to guest in on Celtic Woman spotlight again is what is really great. We thought figured she wouldn't return like Orla or do just HFC. I think Alex and Lynn were the least likely important for the Tenth Anniversary for some people yet they both deserved it in turn over having only one Album/DVD presence. For them it may of been Chloe, Lisa K, or Orla alongside Meav.
I find it so Appreciative for Alex Sharpe to in fill for the celebration!

We don't expect all of them to return but a special signature mark show without Chloe be the most impact surprises.
I'm sure Alex, Lynn, Lisa L alongside the current girls and Mairead Nesbitt be fullfilling. If Orla is included with Meav too then Bravo! Best idea have a celebration show take place for them as Celtic Woman & have a live stream skype of Peacetree doing at the same time a Celtic Woman celebration with Chloe and Lisa K there in Atlanta. That would go. Kind of like what they do
for Disney Christmas with Ryan Seacrest in Disneyland in La vs Kelly Ripa Live in Orlando at Walt DIsney World!.
 Cheesy Grin Problem solved!  It would then promote the Voice Academy and the Accomplishments of that thanks to CW.

As for the treatment. Lisa K departed for her husband and family's needs and Chloe wanted to venture herself
to go beyond more opportunities like acting in LA. It's far different than Orla or Meav or Hayley. Yet even if Lynn was homesick people would claim on comments why CW they let her go... Shocked  If people don't check the bios if CW.com doesn't provide the member's exit's then people will speculate..x
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:35AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
jamaica23

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 04:16PM »

i can't find the video right now, but somebody put on youtube a really disrespectful video about the whole thing saying celtic woman should go on hiatus until they return, and demanding they will come back, i could not even watch it till the end it was so bad!
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 05:27PM »

i can't find the video right now, but somebody put on youtube a really disrespectful video about the whole thing saying celtic woman should go on hiatus until they return, and demanding they will come back, i could not even watch it till the end it was so bad!

That is unfortunate for:
- The person that posted the video, because they're failing to appreciate really talented women and a great show.
- The people that believe that disrespectful junk and miss out on great shows because of it.

As much as I hate seeing that kind of stuff, I ironically owe a lot to those types of negative posts, because they're the reason I got into social media and forums. Quite honestly, in the process of offending me and in the process of me defending Celtic Woman in response, my love of Celtic Woman skyrocketed from fan to CWazy status. So in some ways, I'm thankful to all those inconsiderate people out there.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:10PM by CWazyTom » Logged

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
jamaica23

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 07:04PM »

Well Said Tom!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 09:06PM »

Well Said Tom!
  I  agree !    Smiley

BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 12:01AM »

Those kind of people might want to take their meds go to therapy or something, because a touring show that has line up changes every now and then isn't the end of the world or worth getting depressed about. Just saying
jamaica23

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 07:14PM »

agreed!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18AM »

I completely agree! And let me put in my thoughts too!

First of all, it's not right to constantly beg and pester someone to do something they don't want to do anymore. It makes them feel guilty and/or pressured. I know that feeling all too well, and it's awful.

Also, if I were a member of Celtic Woman and decided to leave to pursue my own career, and I heard people say negative things about the new members, that would not make me feel appreciated. That would hurt me, especially if I was good friends with the new members, because it hurts me when someone I care about gets disrespected.

And think of how much it can hurt the new members and make them feel unwelcome. I know they're professionals and have to deal with criticism, but they're still human beings with feelings. They deserve to be treated with respect.

No, Celtic Woman isn't the SAME as before, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. As sad as it makes me when someone leaves Celtic Woman, it also makes me very excited too, because we get to see what they do with their solo careers! I'm especially over the moon when they release more solo albums! And also, we get to discover NEW talent when they bring in someone new! We get to hear a NEW voice, a NEW sound, and NEW takes on solo songs! It's really cool! And I've NEVER been disappointed in ANY of the girls they've brought in! I've loved every single one of them, and I know I'm going to love anyone they choose in the future! And with every new member, the Celtic Woman family only gets bigger and bigger!

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 08:50AM »

Agreed with Tom!

The point is since the beginning David chose four girls and one fiddler, and brought them together for a project.
He has picked and chosen every member up before Eabha if I were to guess  Smiley
It's about the show 1st, Line-up 2nd. Even not the line-up.
Be proud your favorites were invited to star in CELTIC WOMAN.

Agree too Tiffany on us able to Know other more Special Girls!
I love Lynn and Alex so much!
As for Alex if the originals stayed on and if Lisa was not pregnant it's possible there would not be
our Alex in CW. I don't know....
It's amazing to know Susan because of CW, same with Eabha, Lisa L etc.
Otherwise I might not even know of them existed today if I don't search up them or discover./

Now I am proud for CaraNua...it's great for Alex, Lynn fans of CW
Lisa K and Chloe continue together in peachtree specials, yes Orla is solo on her own, but Meav is back in a way!
Lisa L is testing new waters.

The only thing that would bother me is if Alex, and or Lynn had nothing up since they left for the fact they did years with the group but have lesser solos of the bunch due to copyrights & only 1 DVD taping.
CW.com They didn't even highlight anything from the Anniversary Tour on Alex and not really Lynn (Emerald although) except end of concert bows...
Meav neither. Now with VOA they highlight a lot not disliking that they do for the current three.

People aren't grateful for what Celtic Woman continued Roll Eyes .....from a 1 Time night show..
no GRATITUDE!  Kiss

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:04AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
The Quiet Man

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 10:25AM »

You know, I read these kinds of threads and I'm not sure whether to agree or to be offended. 

The fact is that, although THIS site can set parameters as to what can be discussed or said here, the advent of social media 10 years ago now means that if something doesn't get said here it will just get talked about someplace else where no one from this site holds any sway.  Technology has moved us beyond a point where anyone can simply silence a viewpoint or keep it out of cyberspace completely.  That said, I don't have a problem with that because I dislike the idea of anyone being allowed to totally silence someone else.

I dislike the idea of anyone trying to tell anyone else what they can think or should think.  People are going to have their opinions, and no one should believe that they can tell anyone else that they must think this way or have that attitude or they are wrong, bad people, doing wrong by the act or whatever.  We're not yet at the point where posters are insulting or threatening one another (which I've seen happen, like one poster saying "anyone who says X performer's wrongly opinionated I'll come knock your skull in"), but these heated statements are a step in that direction.  Take too many steps in that direction, and one of these shows is going to see someone confronting someone about something they didn't like, and potentially someone getting hurt or worse. 

Different people have different favorites, and that's just how it's going to be.  Different people like or liked different incarnations of the act, and that's just how it's going to be. Some people will just accept whatever changes happen with time, but some won't, and that's just how it's going to be.  It doesn't help that a lot of folks think of this as you might think of a musical group, and a lot of musical group changes have spilled a LOT of ink and pixels (Van Halen's change of frontmen, Fleetwood Mac' bringing in of 2 guitarists to replace the original, etc.)   

This is frankly no different than cast changes on favorite television programs, and it's better to think of this like a TV show than like a musical group.  Eventually actors move on or decide they want to try their skill behind the camera or whatever.  You as the viewer are within your rights to change the channel if it's no longer to your liking, and you are within your rights to say that this or that cast mix was the one you liked best.  Some might not agree.  The fact is those who disagree need to either keep the discussion civil or leave it alone.  Butting heads, clashing, and throwing insults and shutuppery does no good and can do a lot of harm. 

Someone who's knew or doesn't follow the act that closely might not be familiar with all the changes.  That said, it's easy enough to get up to speed, and logic should tell you where this is all going.  If someone's out of there 6 years, the odds of a return are pretty low.  If someone has changed their focus altogether, the odds of a return are pretty low.  Still hoping for something like that is hoping against hope, and it's not logical.  That said, people hold onto forlorn hopes, like a shattered relationship coming back together or an ill loved one recovering, and there's no dislodging them.  Grand reunions and returns from the past are pipe dreams, however, they are also part of the show rather than group mentality.  How many shows have tried to give the ratings a boost by bringing back departed characters or brought everyone back when it was finally time for the grand finale?  Quite a few. 

These questions and attitudes might be a by-product of CW marketing itself as a show, where cast members can be switched in and out as needed, but acting like a group, where each new incarnation is a new group.  It really can't be helped, since it IS a group, where each soloist brings different skills, but it is a manufactured group, not a self-made one like many rock bands, which started as groups of friends and never envisioned the group being anyone but those four or five people.

There is no easy way to handle this issue, but I think the question of returns belongs on the FAQ page, and any inquiries should be referred there.  The question of this incarnation vs. that incarnation is one of taste, and I don't think there's any way to kill it without becoming too restrictive.  In the end people just need to learn to be civil about their differences of opinion or to walk away when they reach the point of irreconcilable differences.   
BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 11:03AM »

You know, I read these kinds of threads and I'm not sure whether to agree or to be offended. 

The fact is that, although THIS site can set parameters as to what can be discussed or said here, the advent of social media 10 years ago now means that if something doesn't get said here it will just get talked about someplace else where no one from this site holds any sway.  Technology has moved us beyond a point where anyone can simply silence a viewpoint or keep it out of cyberspace completely.  That said, I don't have a problem with that because I dislike the idea of anyone being allowed to totally silence someone else.

I dislike the idea of anyone trying to tell anyone else what they can think or should think.  People are going to have their opinions, and no one should believe that they can tell anyone else that they must think this way or have that attitude or they are wrong, bad people, doing wrong by the act or whatever.  We're not yet at the point where posters are insulting or threatening one another (which I've seen happen, like one poster saying "anyone who says X performer's wrongly opinionated I'll come knock your skull in"), but these heated statements are a step in that direction.  Take too many steps in that direction, and one of these shows is going to see someone confronting someone about something they didn't like, and potentially someone getting hurt or worse. 

Different people have different favorites, and that's just how it's going to be.  Different people like or liked different incarnations of the act, and that's just how it's going to be. Some people will just accept whatever changes happen with time, but some won't, and that's just how it's going to be.  It doesn't help that a lot of folks think of this as you might think of a musical group, and a lot of musical group changes have spilled a LOT of ink and pixels (Van Halen's change of frontmen, Fleetwood Mac' bringing in of 2 guitarists to replace the original, etc.)   

This is frankly no different than cast changes on favorite television programs, and it's better to think of this like a TV show than like a musical group.  Eventually actors move on or decide they want to try their skill behind the camera or whatever.  You as the viewer are within your rights to change the channel if it's no longer to your liking, and you are within your rights to say that this or that cast mix was the one you liked best.  Some might not agree.  The fact is those who disagree need to either keep the discussion civil or leave it alone.  Butting heads, clashing, and throwing insults and shutuppery does no good and can do a lot of harm. 

Someone who's knew or doesn't follow the act that closely might not be familiar with all the changes.  That said, it's easy enough to get up to speed, and logic should tell you where this is all going.  If someone's out of there 6 years, the odds of a return are pretty low.  If someone has changed their focus altogether, the odds of a return are pretty low.  Still hoping for something like that is hoping against hope, and it's not logical.  That said, people hold onto forlorn hopes, like a shattered relationship coming back together or an ill loved one recovering, and there's no dislodging them.  Grand reunions and returns from the past are pipe dreams, however, they are also part of the show rather than group mentality.  How many shows have tried to give the ratings a boost by bringing back departed characters or brought everyone back when it was finally time for the grand finale?  Quite a few. 

These questions and attitudes might be a by-product of CW marketing itself as a show, where cast members can be switched in and out as needed, but acting like a group, where each new incarnation is a new group.  It really can't be helped, since it IS a group, where each soloist brings different skills, but it is a manufactured group, not a self-made one like many rock bands, which started as groups of friends and never envisioned the group being anyone but those four or five people.

There is no easy way to handle this issue, but I think the question of returns belongs on the FAQ page, and any inquiries should be referred there.  The question of this incarnation vs. that incarnation is one of taste, and I don't think there's any way to kill it without becoming too restrictive.  In the end people just need to learn to be civil about their differences of opinion or to walk away when they reach the point of irreconcilable differences.   
I agree with you that we shouldn't bully others who disagree with us, but when people whine, complain, and even bully the girls themselves about whether or not they're coming back or saying that this girl sucks, then that's when we step in. If they can't respect their decisions, then they won't be respected either
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 11:33AM »

Just tell them that they aren't gratitude themselves by to Celtic Woman.
The show, girls, production is all a gift for us.
It's just that they wanted it their way, but what's bad is they say Celtic woman is failing because
it isn't their preferred lineup or singer who's in the lineup now.

They don't know what Celtic Woman is?
They don't appreciate CW for what is today that it didn't have to be.
Your favorite singers are still there, just go seek them their solo concerts, or email
them songs you like them to do. They were in CW. Wink
There are/ were things ideas I had in mind for Celtic Woman but I can't make them do it. bloop Kiss!*

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:37AM by rfcw » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: