Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Think?  (Read 2727 times)
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« on: May 27, 2017, 06:31AM »

This is my opinion of the ladies that I think stood out the most or were more dominant during each DVD and/or CD, judging by songs, dresses, etc.

The Show = Méav (The iconic mermaid dress!)
ANJ = Lisa Kelly or Hayley
ACC = ? (Not sure.)
SftH = Chloë or Lisa Kelly
Believe = Lisa Lambe
HfC = Méav
Emerald = ? (Not sure.)
Destiny = Susan
VoA = Máiréad Carlin

What do you guys think? Do you agree with this or do you have some different opinions? Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:54PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 08:24PM »

The Show: Meav and/or Chloe since they both had 4 solos and we're both prominent in the group songs (Jesu, Joy, The Soft Goodbye, One World, etc)
ANJ: Lisa since she had 3 solos and was in every group song except Over The Rainbow
ACC: Chloe and Meav (Chloe was the only one who was in both duets and White Christmas and Meav was the prominent singer on group songs with her soprano)
SFTH: Lisa and Chloe (they both had 2 solos and  were the 2 featured prominently in group songs) and Mairead since she had 3 solos and was prominent in the singers' solos
Believe: Lisa Lambe's and Chloe (Lisa L was the newbie and was prominent in all of songs with her and was the most interactive with the audience while Chloe had all the high parts, 3 solos, and was in every duet except one)
HFC: Meav both on CD and DVD since she took all the high notes in the group songs, even above Chloe on the CD.
Emerald: Susan and Lisa (both had 2 solos and Susan was featured very prominently in the DVD displays)
Destiny: Susan and Eabha (Susan was the most prominent in all the group songs but Eabha got raves due to being the first alto since Orla and having a very traditional Irish style of singing)
VOA: Mairead (she was the most prominent vocalist in all the group songs and was really able to show off her classical side)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 06:29AM »

I  agree  with  the  original  show.  That  incredible  dress as  you  said.    Kiss  Still  my  fave  CW  dress.  (MerMeav)      Solo  songs-  Meav's  "She Moved Through  The  Fair",  Lisa  K.'s  " May It  be"  , Orla's   "Isle Of Inisfree",   and  Chloes  "Nella  Fantasia".   Group  numbers....  Somewhere   and  The  Soft  Goodbye.      I will  think  of  more  from  the  other  concerts  later.  Smiley 

BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 09:35PM »

I think ANJ also boosted Hayley's fan base
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 09:32AM »

ACC: All of Them! Grin

releasings from the vault`

Isle Of Hope: DVD possible: Alex 2 New solos, Lynn 2 solos, 1 new + Duet.
Everyone in All Group Numbers!

The Tenth Anniversary Celebration: DVD Footages possibility: Meav, Lynn & Alex!

My opinion Orla was equally in the group numbers during ANJ more so than the Original Helix. Yes Lisa was not in Jesu Desiring. Orla was not in The Soft Goodbye and appeared only on the final coming together on YRMP. Smiley

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:49AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 01:55PM »

THE SHOW: Chloe, Meav
ANJ: Lisa K, Hayley, Orla
ACC: All
TGJ: All
SFTH: Chloe & Lisa K,Lynn, Mairead N
Lullaby CD: All
Believe: Alex, Lisa L, Chloe filled the Alex spot
Emerald: Lisa L
HFC: Meav, supposedly Chloe too for DVD
CWX Celebration: Lynn, Meav, Alex
Destiny: Susan, Mairead N
VOA: Mairead C & Eabha, with Tara
3rd Holiday Special - All -Eabha, Lynn, Alex, Mairead C

italicized= means supposedly to be

In respectoire for encompassing all the Member's
The Show: Chloe, Meav
ANJ: Lisa K, Orla, Hayley
SFTH: Lynn, Alex
Believe: Lisa L
Emerald: Everybody who participates
Destiny: Susan, Mairead N
VOA: Mairead C, Eabha
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:10PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 05:40PM »

ANJ -   The Sky And The dawn And  the Sun-  is  still  my  fave  CW opener  ever.  (though- When You Go)  is  close.    Smiley Lisa K.'s  iconic rendition  of  "The Voice"  stands  out  for  me.  Meav's  "Dulaman"  as  well  as  her  later  "Danny boy".    The  classic look  at  the end  of  that  song  when  she  is  glancing  up  to the  sky.   Kiss  Mo Ghille  Mear   is  also  a standout  for  me  from  this  DVD.   And  YRMU  as  well.   More  later.   Cool

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 11:35AM »

Can't wait for the other's Cool Cool.

ANJ -   The Sky And The dawn And  the Sun-  is  still  my  fave  CW opener  ever.  (though- When You Go)  is  close.    Smiley Lisa K.'s  iconic rendition  of  "The Voice"  stands  out  for  me.  Meav's  "Dulaman"  as  well  as  her  later  "Danny boy".    The  classic look  at  the end  of  that  song  when  she  is  glancing  up  to the  sky.   Kiss  Mo Ghille  Mear   is  also  a standout  for  me  from  this  DVD.   And  YRMU  as  well.   More  later.   Cool

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 02:55PM »

Thanks for your opinions, everyone! Grin They're interesting to read. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: