Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet and Greets  (Read 3465 times)
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« on: September 12, 2017, 03:08AM »

You know how the Meet and Greets used to be just two ladies, but then it changed to having it be all the members.  What I'm curious to know is when did the change occur?

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 06:23AM »

Around 2011, I think.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:34AM »

It varied with location and time.  
March 2009 in Wilkes-Barre, we had Chloe and Mairead N.  A few days later in New York we met all 5 ladies.  
June 2012 in Portland -- Chloe and Susan.
Atlanta in 2012, they had 2 M&Gs because 2 PBS stations were involved.  Lisa L. and Mairead N. were in one room and Chloe and Susan were in another room.
Las Vegas 2013 was all 4 ladies (Lisa L., Susan and both Maireads).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:40AM by Jim M. » Logged
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 03:44PM »

It varied with location and time.  
March 2009 in Wilkes-Barre, we had Chloe and Mairead N.  A few days later in New York we met all 5 ladies.  
June 2012 in Portland -- Chloe and Susan.
Atlanta in 2012, they had 2 M&Gs because 2 PBS stations were involved.  Lisa L. and Mairead N. were in one room and Chloe and Susan were in another room.
Las Vegas 2013 was all 4 ladies (Lisa L., Susan and both Maireads).

They split them up into different rooms at the same time for different PBS stations? Are you serious?

Wow.

That almost feels like collecting Celtic Woman Trading Cards or something. "Oh man, do you have the Lynn card? It's super-rare!" "No but I do have the Deirdre card. You can't even get that one any more!" Lol.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 05:44PM »

They split them up into different rooms at the same time for different PBS stations? Are you serious?
Yes, our group met Chloe and Susan. Wink
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 05:09PM »

I like the "bus `n greets".....you get more time with the girls and can chat with them and take photos. They`re VERY sweet and accomodating.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 06:12PM »

They had all four at the Dubuque show, but they did that one 35 min before showtime.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 06:26PM »

I like the "bus `n greets".....you get more time with the girls and can chat with them and take photos. They`re VERY sweet and accomodating.
And  these  kind  are  less  expensive.     Cheesy

dbbii

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:16AM »

According to my notes, they started with all 4 girls in 2014.  Of course, that's when they also stopped allowing autographs. 

Good points; bad points.  At the earlier ones, you got candid photos.  You got a few minutes to talk to the girls individually.  Granted, with only 2 girls (and you did NOT know which 2) it was really tough to get all 4 girls signatures on a program/CD/whatever.  I have some things signed by all 4 girls, but can't figure out how to post photo.

Price didn't really change that much.  Each PBS station somewhat set their own price.  I was paying somewhere around $150 each (and you had to buy 2).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: