Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homecoming Tour  (Read 5406 times)
dbbii

« on: October 16, 2017, 08:00PM »

I know there isn't a seperate section for this yet, but.........

My local PBS station just sent me an email saying they are going to have show tickets but will NOT have a Meet & Greet. 

Anyone else ran into this?

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 11:09PM »

I know there isn't a seperate section for this yet, but.........

My local PBS station just sent me an email saying they are going to have show tickets but will NOT have a Meet & Greet. 

Anyone else ran into this?

The 6 PBS stations I contacted haven't gotten back to me yet, but I'll keep asking.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 12:09PM »

just played on Harrisburg, Pa PBS STATION THE 28TH....

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:25PM »

I forgot about this sub-thread.

My local PBS station did not have M+G tickets. They were the only station that got back to me, so I knew in advance they didn't have any.

However, another one of the nearby PBS stations I contacted did have M+G tickets! They never got back to me, but I just kept checking until they posted their CW pledge rewards and was very happy to see a M+G.

It was significantly more than what I paid for the Voices of Angels tour M+G ticket, but I suspect it's more in-line with what most PBS stations are charging for M+Gs during pledge drives.

Once I got that M+G, I stopped looking at any of the other stations, because more than one M+G at that price is not feasible for me at the moment.

dbbii

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 03:54PM »

It appears they are cutting back on the number of M&Gs.  As I noted earlier, my local PBS station is offering tickets to shows at 3 different venues, but they told me via email that CW is not allowing any M&G's this year.  I know that's not true, since the Orlando (FL) station had them on their web site, but by the time I called, they were not available.

I tried Cleveland (no response from PBS).  I was thinking about New York (well Newark) since I want to go see Rocktopia and Hamilton.  Big $$$ for that trip, and since I'm still procrastinating, I probably won't get tickets.

I got 2nd row in Lakeland for the opening night, so I guess that will have to do this year.

Granted, if someone is looking for someone to split a pair of tickets, I can travel!!

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 04:24PM »

It appears they are cutting back on the number of M&Gs.  As I noted earlier, my local PBS station is offering tickets to shows at 3 different venues, but they told me via email that CW is not allowing any M&G's this year.  I know that's not true, since the Orlando (FL) station had them on their web site, but by the time I called, they were not available.

I tried Cleveland (no response from PBS).  I was thinking about New York (well Newark) since I want to go see Rocktopia and Hamilton.  Big $$$ for that trip, and since I'm still procrastinating, I probably won't get tickets.

I got 2nd row in Lakeland for the opening night, so I guess that will have to do this year.

Granted, if someone is looking for someone to split a pair of tickets, I can travel!!

I hate to say it because I love Current Celtic Woman so much, but I think a sizable part of the M+G ticket sales was long-time fans wanting to see their favourite Classic Celtic Woman performers again. There was a few people that just lost interest over the years and maybe a bunch of people that still "like" the group but don't love it enough to dish out ~ $400 and travel for hours for a Meet and Greet.

Another possibility is that with so many former Celtic Woman performers like Chloë and Mairead Nesbitt touring out on their own, people's budgets are more divided among shows than they once were.

Whatever the reasons, anyone that is fortunate enough to get a Meet and Greet with this girls will see how wonderful they are. <3

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 05:57PM »

I hate to say it because I love Current Celtic Woman so much, but I think a sizable part of the M+G ticket sales was long-time fans wanting to see their favourite Classic Celtic Woman performers again. There was a few people that just lost interest over the years and maybe a bunch of people that still "like" the group but don't love it enough to dish out ~ $400 and travel for hours for a Meet and Greet.

Another possibility is that with so many former Celtic Woman performers like Chloë and Mairead Nesbitt touring out on their own, people's budgets are more divided among shows than they once were.

Whatever the reasons, anyone that is fortunate enough to get a Meet and Greet with this girls will see how wonderful they are. <3

The main reason for me is actually the M&G format. I miss the old format of 2 girls, a chance to get autographs and a pic, and, most importantly, a nice little chat. I feel the new format and the cost aren't worth it seeing as most venues allow non-flash photography. So, I can get my pic of the girls from a front row seat by simply paying for a ticket through the venue. VOA I had front row seats and spent about a third of the cost of M&Gs by going through the venue.
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 08:25PM »

It appears they are cutting back on the number of M&Gs.  As I noted earlier, my local PBS station is offering tickets to shows at 3 different venues, but they told me via email that CW is not allowing any M&G's this year.  I know that's not true, since the Orlando (FL) station had them on their web site, but by the time I called, they were not available.

I tried Cleveland (no response from PBS).  I was thinking about New York (well Newark) since I want to go see Rocktopia and Hamilton.  Big $$$ for that trip, and since I'm still procrastinating, I probably won't get tickets.

The main reason for me is actually the M&G format. I miss the old format of 2 girls, a chance to get autographs and a pic, and, most importantly, a nice little chat. I feel the new format and the cost aren't worth it seeing as most venues allow non-flash photography. So, I can get my pic of the girls from a front row seat by simply paying for a ticket through the venue. VOA I had front row seats and spent about a third of the cost of M&Gs by going through the venue.

Interesting insight.

I've heard some people disliked the 2-girl M+Gs because it was luck of the draw. You might go to several and still not get to meet one of the girls. So if, for instance, Chloë was your favourite Celitc Woman, but you couldn't go to more than one M+G, there was a 50/50 chance you wouldn't even meet Chloë.

The main complaint I've heard about the current M+G format is that it's too rushed (that and the no-signing policy).

I guess it's kind of a unique situation for me because while most people like more time to talk to the girls, my social anxiety and ability to carry on a conversation are so bad that longer chats get exponentially more stressful for me.

If I didn't have so many anxiety problems I'd gladly do Stage and Greets and not break the bank on M+Gs. But the anxiety is so powerful it almost destroyed two shows for me already just thinking about Stage and Greets afterwards. Just getting to meet them for a minute means the world to me and for the assurance I'll actually get to meet them, the M+G price is a steep but necessary one.

I do wish (badly) that they would let the girls sign things during the M+Gs, but it's not going to happen. Stage and Greets, supporting Glen's forums for the current girls, or maybe mailing in a pic to Celtic Collections for the girls to sign, are about the only ways to get them to sign things.

I've got a lot of signed things through the forums for the current girls, so for people that like that sort of thing, it's a great opportunity.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:38PM by CWazyTom » Logged

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 07:59PM »

It appears they are cutting back on the number of M&Gs.  As I noted earlier, my local PBS station is offering tickets to shows at 3 different venues, but they told me via email that CW is not allowing any M&G's this year.  I know that's not true, since the Orlando (FL) station had them on their web site, but by the time I called, they were not available.

I tried Cleveland (no response from PBS).  I was thinking about New York (well Newark) since I want to go see Rocktopia and Hamilton.  Big $$$ for that trip, and since I'm still procrastinating, I probably won't get tickets.

Interesting insight.

I've heard some people disliked the 2-girl M+Gs because it was luck of the draw. You might go to several and still not get to meet one of the girls. So if, for instance, Chloë was your favourite Celitc Woman, but you couldn't go to more than one M+G, there was a 50/50 chance you wouldn't even meet Chloë.

The main complaint I've heard about the current M+G format is that it's too rushed (that and the no-signing policy).

I guess it's kind of a unique situation for me because while most people like more time to talk to the girls, my social anxiety and ability to carry on a conversation are so bad that longer chats get exponentially more stressful for me.

If I didn't have so many anxiety problems I'd gladly do Stage and Greets and not break the bank on M+Gs. But the anxiety is so powerful it almost destroyed two shows for me already just thinking about Stage and Greets afterwards. Just getting to meet them for a minute means the world to me and for the assurance I'll actually get to meet them, the M+G price is a steep but necessary one.

I do wish (badly) that they would let the girls sign things during the M+Gs, but it's not going to happen. Stage and Greets, supporting Glen's forums for the current girls, or maybe mailing in a pic to Celtic Collections for the girls to sign, are about the only ways to get them to sign things.

I've got a lot of signed things through the forums for the current girls, so for people that like that sort of thing, it's a great opportunity.
Tom, probably a dumb question, but how do you get things signed through the forums? I would love to have a Susan autograph

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 08:15PM »

Tom, probably a dumb question, but how do you get things signed through the forums? I would love to have a Susan autograph

I think that's a great question!

Glen usually gets the girls to sign a few when he sees them on tour.

Glen runs fundraisers for the forums sometimes since they cost quite a bit of money. In some ways it works like a PBS pledge drive. People donate some money to support content they like (in this case, the forums) and if you donate over a certain amount (for example, $15), you get entered into a draw for a signed photo. He usually has a few photos, so even if there's a few people donating, there's a very good chance of getting a photo. It works out really well for people that can't make it to the tour shows that often or for people like me who have too many anxiety issues to pull off a Stage and Greet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: