Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joy to the World  (Read 2533 times)
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« on: November 21, 2017, 04:55PM »

What's your favorite version of "Joy to the World" out of these 2 options?
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 08:23AM »

Both are lovely really really. The VOA current is one that you can play in the background like a classic, it's soothing they could play it in department stores, places etc.
As much as The Home For Christmas is original form there's something about simplicity that you cherish CW because of the voices than the song.  Meav won it but Lisa L & Chloe or Susan won it too all in the hearts to genuine of how important the song is.

When you have a changed version it works for VOA songs like Mo Ghile Mear, Danny Boy. I think it would been a tie if Meav sung both Joy to the World's.
Aside from Susan if it was the same cast then it wouldn't make a difference other than the song style. That is why for me Silent Night, & the other new one are in rank up because we at least Silent Night was another different version but it was the first time it was done in group form!

For me it's first original then with changes to voices (aside from VOA with the re imagining of CW's best original's.)
Here are example's that define movement CW's growth & continued excelling further!
Isle of Hope as solo
Si Do Maheimo I as duet
Mo Ghile Mear, Nil Sen La (in English)
Amazing Grace & Danny Boy (next level version's)
Complementation of Former Member's with Current on classic
favorites or songs a former member hadn't done or song with Celtic Woman!

I feel O America is the Absolute Best Progression!
It not only features the current cast who not even Susan has sung it since in CW but how special Meav got a chance to Thank America for being so welcoming as she was one of the originals who toured America's success with CW! The Best was it was a refreshing version even more emotionally powerful true to it's meaning. BUT Best of all it shows & proves all members from different time slots can blend & harmonize with the girls they haven't participated but YET make that Celtic Woman group together sound David Downes crafted hand picked all separately! This version shows also how Meav would of took it sopranically if she was still with the group on SFTH! Just like Lynn had continued CW for Believe with Teir Abhaile Riu.

Now think about a reunion thank you with Orla alongside Meav who just marked it next to Lisa Kelly with Chloe on O America!
Now that would be Ohh America!

I'm all for the voices 1st.
My vote is Joy To The World HFC
For what That Joy it was to hear Meav and Lisa Lambe Together!
Outstandingly! Overexceeding CW Expectance Surprises FOR People!!#

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:00AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 03:14PM »

Both are lovely really really. The VOA current is one that you can play in the background like a classic, it's soothing they could play it in department stores, places etc.
As much as The Home For Christmas is original form there's something about simplicity that you cherish CW because of the voices than the song.  Meav won it but Lisa L & Chloe or Susan won it too all in the hearts to genuine of how important the song is.

When you have a changed version it works for VOA songs like Mo Ghile Mear, Danny Boy. I think it would been a tie if Meav sung both Joy to the World's.
Aside from Susan if it was the same cast then it wouldn't make a difference other than the song style. That is why for me Silent Night, & the other new one are in rank up because we at least Silent Night was another different version but it was the first time it was done in group form!

For me it's first original then with changes to voices (aside from VOA with the re imagining of CW's best original's.)
Here are example's that define movement CW's growth & continued excelling further!
Isle of Hope as solo
Si Do Maheimo I as duet
Mo Ghile Mear, Nil Sen La (in English)
Amazing Grace & Danny Boy (next level version's)
Complementation of Former Member's with Current on classic
favorites or songs a former member hadn't done or song with Celtic Woman!

I feel O America is the Absolute Best Progression!
It not only features the current cast who not even Susan has sung it since in CW but how special Meav got a chance to Thank America for being so welcoming as she was one of the originals who toured America's success with CW! The Best was it was a refreshing version even more emotionally powerful true to it's meaning. BUT Best of all it shows & proves all members from different time slots can blend & harmonize with the girls they haven't participated but YET make that Celtic Woman group together sound David Downes crafted hand picked all separately! This version shows also how Meav would of took it sopranically if she was still with the group on SFTH! Just like Lynn had continued CW for Believe with Teir Abhaile Riu.

Now think about a reunion thank you with Orla alongside Meav who just marked it next to Lisa Kelly with Chloe on O America!
Now that would be Ohh America!

I'm all for the voices 1st.
My vote is Joy To The World HFC
For what That Joy it was to hear Meav and Lisa Lambe Together!
Outstandingly! Overexceeding CW Expectance Surprises FOR People!!#
Very nice and thoughtful input, rfcw!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 06:06PM »

HFC  for  me....   Cool

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 09:37PM »

Thank You Chandler* Wink
Glad you enjoyed it. (the read)!
You can clearly see CW 12 years later still has a lot of potential!
Very nice and thoughtful input, rfcw!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:44PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 09:19PM »

Looks like Home for Christmas wins this poll Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: