Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homecoming Review  (Read 2957 times)
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« on: March 20, 2018, 09:15PM »

I do not have the energy to write one of my long reviews.

So I'm looking at the tour setlist as I write this.

First thing, I saw Alex! Woohoo!

The differences I see from the list is that Alex sang The Voice in place of From a Distance. So I've read on here that her version is phenomonal. Holy cow, does she throw herself into it. I think her version is my favorite. She did sing She Moved Thru the Fair, and did quite a bit of choreography in it.

Also, it is *not* Wild Mountain Thyme. It's Wild Mountain Side. I'm going to be replaying that one a lot when they release the recording of it.

The choreography was a lot better this time around than most of what I've seen out of them. It was a lot more like what I saw the last time I saw Susan when she was doing her solos, and everyone was doing it.

Also, I don't know what happened, but the sound balance was horrendous on Amazing Grace. It sounded terrible, and I know it wasn't the girls' fault. It was just completely off with the mix of their voices.

The new ceili song is so much fun!

The other bits:

Of the shows I've seen Mairead in, tonight was by far the best. She was phenomenal, and a lot better than the other times I've seen her.

Eabha seemed a lot more comfortable and confident tonight than the other time I saw her. Also, it seems they've finally figured out what to do with her voice. 

Tara is completely different from Mairead N, and that's a good thing. Also, she just exudes sheer glee that she gets to do what she's doing, kind of like, "I get to be part of this? REALLY?!" Yup, you are good enough to be in this! She's like that all the time.

Alex. Dang. I forgot about her stage presence. And how it seems like she's singing directly to you.

Told you it'd be a short one.  Wink
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 06:29AM »

Forgot to throw in...

Ticket wise they didn't do too well. It was the emptiest I've seen the Koger Center for CW. I never saw any bit of promotion for the show, period. I would have missed it entirely except I thought of checking celticwoman.com.

I hope they still come back.
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 08:15PM »

Thank you!

I think the first of 2 Celtic Woman shows I see on this tour might be the first Celtic Woman show I've been to in this area that's nearly (or possibly completely) sold out. Almost 100% of the good seats show sold with over 3 weeks to go and a good chunk of the nosebleed seats are sold too! That house might be rocking!  The second show? Yikes. That looks about as grim as the previous show there. Poor girls. They deserve so much better than they get in this area most of the time.

I totally agree about Tara! I like to describe it as an aura of joy, much like the one Chloë projects. She is such an immense pleasure when she's performing.

Re: Eabha, I'm sure having like 80 Meet and Greets per year where people honestly tell her that her voice is beautiful beyond description has helped in that regard.  Cheesy

I've been on massive Mairead Carlin high. I'm really excited to hear her again!

Alex ... oh how I would loved to have seen her live with Celtic Woman, even once. But the lovely Susan should be back when I see them and I am excited out of my mind if she performs From A Distance. Within the last couple of years, Celtic Woman asked people which songs they'd like to hear on tour. From A Distance was one of my suggestions (Somewhere Out There was the other). I'm not sure if anyone else suggested From A Distance or if my suggestion had anything to do with that being in the set list at all. But unless I hear otherwise, I'll consider it my request.  Grin  Chloë already sang both of those for me within the past 6 months. But to hear Susan perform that song with a band, in Celtic Woman ... WOW!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 01:47PM »

On the Eabha bit, yup. The last show I went to was early in the Destiny tour. She still had the newbie nerves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: