Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Ideas  (Read 7262 times)
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« on: May 07, 2018, 10:53AM »

Chloe - Walk Beside Me, Sometimes a Prayer Will Do
Lisa K - A Time For Us, Caledonia piano version or The Voice VOA
Meav - The Call, The Voice, Si Do Maheimo I(Destiny)
Orla- Shooting Star, O America solo
Lynn- Dulaman, Carolina Rua, Scarborough Fair
Alex- Dulaman, My Heart Was Home Again, The Voice (VOA)
Lisa L- I See Fire, Dulaman (VOA)
Susan - The Call, Here to Stay
Mairead - Newgrange, Nella Fantasia
Eabha - Harry's Game, Newgrange

What is your CD or Special Album of Celtic Woman you want?

For Lisa K, Chloe, and Lisa L it was challenging to find new songs since they all did on the CD's so I gave them songs from this period to try their take similar to Alex with The Voice (VOA)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 02:56PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 03:54PM »

It seems that some members can make their own songs. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 08:16AM »

Meav singing "The Call?!" Shocked Oh, my gosh, that would be incredible! Kiss Here's mine:

Chloe: ?
Orla: ?
Lisa Kelly: ?
Meav: Nil Se'n Là (solo), Oro Se Do Bheatha Abhaile (solo), The Call
Mairead Nesbitt: ?
Deirdre: ?
Hayley: ?
Lynn: I Know My Love, Scarborough Fair, The Voice
Alex: Dulaman, Nil Se'n Là (solo), The Call
Lisa Lambe: ?
Susan: Follow On, From a Distance, The Call, Time to Say Goodbye (solo)
Mairead Carlin: Mná na hÉireann
Eabha: Harry's Game, May it Be, Newgrange
Tara: Shenandoah

*The ones with question marks, I'll come back to later.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:49AM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 10:38AM »

Incredible. Chandler Cheesy Nil sen La Meav as solo
I agree with Lynn on The Voice and Alex doing The Call solo. Kiss

I did mines on songs not on CD like Carolina Rua but I prefer the new --song --take idea..

so..

Chloe:
Orla:
Lisa Kelly:
Meav: The Call, Amazing Grace
Lynn: Black is the Color, The Voice
Alex: Dulaman, The Call
Lisa Lambe:?
Susan:
Mairead
Eabha:

Above are all (solo's)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 12:14PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 12:28AM »

I LOVE the idea of past members doing the newer CW solos and current members doing past member solos.

Here are my ideas.

Alex: Send Me a Song, Follow On, Dulaman (Homecoming), The Call, A Spaceman Came Traveling, Bridge Over Troubled Water (Emerald), Newgrange, Si Do Mhaimeo, The Whole of the Moon, The Water Is Wide, Black Is the Colour
Chloe: Walk Beside Me, Scarlet Ribbons, A Time for Us, Sometimes a Prayer Will Do, Like an Angel Passing Through My Room, Dulaman (Homecoming), The Whole of the Moon, From a Distance
Deirdre: The Voice (VOA), She Moved Through the Fair (VOA), Isle of Innisfree (Destiny), The Prayer, Wild Mountainside, Here to Stay, Scarborough Fair, Dulaman (All Versions), You'll Be in My Heart, True Colors, The Water Is Wide, Follow On, Black Is the Colour
Eabha: Harry's Game, Newgrange, Carrickfergus, Isle of Innisfree (Orla's Version), Shooting Star, True Colors, Siuil a Run (Orla's Version)
Hayley: A Time for Us, The Moon's a Harsh Mistress, Nella Fantasia (Homecoming), Dulaman (Homecoming), The Call, Fields of Gold, Follow On, Galway Bay, Scarlet Ribbons, I See Fire, Like an Angel Passing Through My Room, Suantrai, Wild Mountainside, From a Distance, The Water Is Wide
Lisa K: Walk Beside Me, Here to Stay, Sometimes a Prayer Will Do, The Voice (Homecoming), She Moved Through the Fair (VOA), Bridge Over Troubled Water (Emerald), Wild Mountainside, The Whole of the Moon
Lisa L: I See Fire, Walk Beside Me, Ard Ui Chuain/Sadhbh Ni Bhruinneallaigh, How Can I Keep from Singing, Newgrange, Scarborough Fair, Siuil a Run (Orla's Version), Isle of Innisfree (Destiny), She Moved Through the Fair (VOA), Harry's Game, You'll Be in My Heart
Lynn: A Time for Us, Dulaman (Homecoming), Scarlet Ribbons, I Know My Love, Bridge Over Troubled Water (Emerald), Nocturne, I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls, She Moved Through the Fair (Meav's Version), Si Do Mhaimeo, The Voice (Homecoming)
Mairead C: Someday, Nella Fantasia (Chloe's Version), The Prayer, Panis Angelicus, Vivaldi's Rain, Galway Bay, Nocturne, Ave Maria (Believe), When You Believe (I BELIEVE she can do that one), The Blessing, Send Me a Song, The Moon's a Harsh Mistress, Fields of Gold, Follow On, Walking in the Air, Harry's Game, Scarborough Fair, Carolina Rua, Suantrai, Danny Boy (Meav's Solo Version), Tears in Heaven, You'll Be in My Heart, My Heart Was Home Again, True Colors
Mairead N: Tara's Tunes, For the Love of a Princess, Across the World, A Spaceman Came Traveling, Black Is the Colour
Meav: The Call, The Blessing, Ave Maria (Believe), Nocturne, Suantrai, Carolina Rua, My Lagan Love, Fields of Gold, The Voice (Homecoming), A Spaceman Came Traveling, Black Is the Colour
Orla: Isle of Hope Isle of Tears (VOA), How Can I Keep from Singing, True Colors, Ard Ui Chuain/Sadhbh Ni Bhruinneallaigh, Like an Angel Passing Through My Room, I See Fire, May It Be (Homecoming), Wild Mountainside
Susan: The Blessing, Send Me a Song, The Moon's a Harsh Mistress, Fields of Gold, My Heart Was Home Again, True Colors, You'll Be in My Heart, When You Believe, Galway Bay, Someday, Black Is the Colour, Carolina Rua, Baby Mine (Lullaby), When You Wish Upon a Star (Lullaby), Tears in Heaven
Tara on Violin: Shenandoah, The Pacific Slope, The Contradiction, The Butterfly, The Ashoken Fairwell, Slumber My Darling, The Mason's Apron, The Foxhunter, Woman of Ireland
Tara Singing: I Dream I Dwelt in Marble Halls, Scarborough Fair, The Blessing, Send Me a Song, She Moved Through the Fair (Meav's Version), Galway Bay, You'll Be in My Heart, My Heart Was Home Again, My Lagan Love, Carolina Rua, Suantrai, Isle of Innisfree (Orla's Version, While Playing Harp), Carrickfergus (While Playing Harp), Tears in Heaven, Black Is the Colour, Walking in the Air, Someday,

Yeah, I went to town with this!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 04:21PM »

I hope Celtic Woman does a new Christmas show! Their last Xmas Tour was 2016 and it wasn't even really a Xmas Tour at all. It was more like a VOA Showcase with Christmas filler. They need to do a new one since David Downes left and took all of his arrangements with him.
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 05:45PM »

I hope Celtic Woman does a new Christmas show! Their last Xmas Tour was 2016 and it wasn't even really a Xmas Tour at all. It was more like a VOA Showcase with Christmas filler. They need to do a new one since David Downes left and took all of his arrangements with him.

I agree.

I suspect the upcoming Christmas tour "The Best of Christmas" (as leaked by Ticketmaster and a few venues) will have some new arrangements / songs mixed in.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 12:28PM »

I agree.

I suspect the upcoming Christmas tour "The Best of Christmas" (as leaked by Ticketmaster and a few venues) will have some new arrangements / songs mixed in.

I thought "The Best Of Chriatmas" was the name of a compilation Christmas cd. I don't remember them teasing a tour.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 12:33PM »

My idea for a Christmas Special/CD/DVD

Name: Christmas Angels
Notes: Meav guest stars. Tara sings most of the group numbers.

Act 1
Dresses: White (like angels)

Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - All
Breath of Heaven - Mairead
Merry Christmas Darling - Susan & Tara (Violin)
Believe - Meav & Tara (Violin)
Still, Still, Still - Eabha
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Tara (Violin)
Angels We Have Heard on High - All
Santa Baby - Susan
The Coventry Carol - Mairead & Tara (Harp)
Once in Royal David's City - All
O Come O Come Emmanuel - Eabha & Tara (Violin)
Do They Know It's Christmastime - All (Tara does not sing, because she's dancing around while playing the violin).

Act 2
Dresses: Mairead (Green), Susan (Red), Eabha (Gold), Meav (White), Tara (Silver) - All Shiny/Sparkly

See Amid the Winter Snow - All
The Angel Gabriel - Tara (Harp & Vocals)
Silver Bells - Meav
All Praise to Thee (Elaine Hagenberg) - All
We Need a Little Christmas - All
Mary Did You Know - Eabha
Where Are You Christmas - Susan
Grown-Up Christmas List - Mairead
Christmas Morning Donegal - Meav & Tara (Harp)
Do You Hear What I Hear - All
Angels from the Realms of Glory - All
This Christmas Tide - All

Ending/Encore
Let There Be Peace on Earth - All

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 02:16PM »

I love these ideas!

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 08:01PM »

Me tooo!!!! Thank You for your time!

Believe sounds like the Alex duet with Brett to me.. Smiley

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 10:10PM »

Me tooo!!!! Thank You for your time!

Believe sounds like the Alex duet with Brett to me.. Smiley

The version I meant was from Polar Express.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 11:44AM »

Here's all I have so far:

Chloë Agnew - The Thing About You
Órla Fallon - Who Knows?
Lynn Hilary - Sometime Soon

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 06:35PM »

Well, since they're going to be recording the new album soon, I really hope they record the new songs they did on tour. I hope the majority of it are those and new songs.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 04:51AM »

I'm sure they will. Homecoming was almost entirely Voices of Angels, and they can't continue doing that for several years, especially with such a venue.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: