Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else hoping for a new Christmas album?  (Read 6374 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: May 31, 2018, 06:36AM »

I know, I know, tomorrow is the first day of June, but... things need planning! And since we have an almost entirely new ensemble and many other changes since the last Christmas album (which was six years ago - and the dvd five years!) I think it would be approriate if they'd make a new one. I mean a real new album, not a compilation! And a dvd.

What about you guys?

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 07:03AM »

Don't they usually do the Christmas recordings in the summer anyway? A new one would be good.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 07:20AM »

Yep, they do! And I'm ~in the mood~ for one.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 11:24AM »

I'm definitely for a new one too! I on a personal note thought it went well best for Celtic Woman had all the members participated in one Christmas Holiday special at least. I'm referring to Lynn & Alex. Hayley & also Deirdre can be an exception being Guest and sadly one not making it past a fill in.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Dan

Éireannach

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 12:18PM »

My guess is they'll be putting a new one out this year, or a brand new album including songs from Homecoming. I seem to recall Mairead saying in an interview they had something big and special planned for this summer.

20 June 2007-Portland, ME
22 March 2012-Manchester, NH
2 March 2013-Portland, ME
30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 March 2015-Portland, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
9 April 2017-Portland, ME
4 April 2018-Portland, ME
Excalibur

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 01:42PM »

As long as it's new songs and not the same old ones... YES - which to me means NO Silent Night, please, we've already had three.

I actually would prefer a new "regular" album, but  (almost) anything is welcome Tongue

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 01:59PM »

I would also love a new "regular album" - definitely - but I also just love Christmas music so much. And yes, no Silent Night. I love that song so much, but enough is enough. It should be on tour and could be on a dvd that has more songs than the cd, but not on a completely new album.

I've said this a few years ago, but I really have one particular wish for a Christmas album: use the third Christmas mood. If this sounds weird let me explain, but first I shall correct myself, I am sure there are a lot more than three Christmas moods, but there are two that have been done, and another that I want.

A Christmas Celebration had a very wintery, icy, light, and bright feel to it. Inspired by snowflakes and the ringing of bells.
Home for Christmas was opulent, red and warm and rich and glamorous and loud. Like a golden era Hollywood movie.
Christmas is both these things. Both were brilliant in their way and I love them dearly.

But Christmas is also dark. Christmas is dark in a good way. In a way that gives room for light and Light. Christmas is Night, and it is Winter (well, that depends on where you live, but for CW, it's very much Winter) and Christmas is cold outsides, and warm insides. I want a slightly nostalgic, and dark, and rustic Christmas show, reminiscent of decorating the tree in a badly lit room and putting up ancient decorations, and preparing for church, and smelling spices, and feeling chills of excitement, and happiness, with just a little bleakness and that comes around with Christmas, too, and the feeling that you are taken out of normal time and life for just a few days.

That's the kind of album and show I want, with arrangements and songs that suit the mood (Winter, Fire and Snow comes to my mind) and also, for a concert, a suitable stage design and dresses: a real (looking) Christmas tree, lots of dark green, some gold, red and brown, old toys...

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 05:04PM »

Featuring Mairead Carlin, Eabha McMahon, Lynn Hilary, and Alex Sharpe with violinist Tara McNeil!

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 06:04AM »

No! I mean, yes. I'd love guest appearances by Alex and Lynn for the dvd, but I generally want it to be an album with the normal current line up and I very much want it to include Susan!

Excalibur

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 06:16AM »

I would also love a new "regular album" - definitely - but I also just love Christmas music so much. And yes, no Silent Night. I love that song so much, but enough is enough. It should be on tour and could be on a dvd that has more songs than the cd, but not on a completely new album.

I've said this a few years ago, but I really have one particular wish for a Christmas album: use the third Christmas mood. If this sounds weird let me explain, but first I shall correct myself, I am sure there are a lot more than three Christmas moods, but there are two that have been done, and another that I want.

A Christmas Celebration had a very wintery, icy, light, and bright feel to it. Inspired by snowflakes and the ringing of bells.
Home for Christmas was opulent, red and warm and rich and glamorous and loud. Like a golden era Hollywood movie.
Christmas is both these things. Both were brilliant in their way and I love them dearly.

But Christmas is also dark. Christmas is dark in a good way. In a way that gives room for light and Light. Christmas is Night, and it is Winter (well, that depends on where you live, but for CW, it's very much Winter) and Christmas is cold outsides, and warm insides. I want a slightly nostalgic, and dark, and rustic Christmas show, reminiscent of decorating the tree in a badly lit room and putting up ancient decorations, and preparing for church, and smelling spices, and feeling chills of excitement, and happiness, with just a little bleakness and that comes around with Christmas, too, and the feeling that you are taken out of normal time and life for just a few days.

That's the kind of album and show I want, with arrangements and songs that suit the mood (Winter, Fire and Snow comes to my mind) and also, for a concert, a suitable stage design and dresses: a real (looking) Christmas tree, lots of dark green, some gold, red and brown, old toys...

You probably know them, but in case you don't you should check out "And Winter Came" by Enya and "An Irish Christmas" by her sister Moya Brennan Cheesy

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 10:49AM »

Thank! I am basically aware of them but have never listened to them fully. Of what I've heard, they are lovely, but not what I mean.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:00AM by ShiningBright » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 01:06PM »

I did not include Susan only in case of matters of three rule, which four is acceptable like ACC. It does not make sense Alex and Lynn would have to be a full show special guest just like Meav was in HFC. If the current lineup did it fine but it would not been fair for Lynn and Alex. Have a 4th Special or don't let CW miss out on Great CW Members and Caranua keeps rising. Otherwise if they don't do no more Christmas then Eabha & Mairead can equal alongside Lynn and Alex of no Holiday Special.

Alex and Lynn are two of the most loyal members to help out with tours, helping to fill members, and to celebrate the group's Anniversary. They somehow Deserve to be valued for another as Special Guest. Lynn does not do the Harp for Destiny and Alex is another voice after Eabha but still it gives some room for Homeland Special with 2 guests who were actually Celtic Women like Meav...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:31PM by rfcw » Logged

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 01:36PM »

Of course, I would love to see more of Lynn and Alex with CW! But, in all honesty, I don't understand the rest of your post. I don't want them to have any less than "what they deserve" but as the "base" for a new album, I would very much want it to feature the current line up. And Susan has already been left out of the HfC cd.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 02:16PM »

Actually your right about Susan too.

I was just saying for Holiday Specials All Members should be able to shine, be able to take part have a piece. Smiley

Sure have Alex and Lynn come back as Special Guests for the next regular Special just like Meav did be Great,

Christmas Special
As for a Christmas show I would prefer they were guests for the full show like Meav & Susan for HFC. This would mean 5 members & Tara! If they don't Lynn and Alex will work their Christmas showcases in Caranua.

Homeland Special

I prefer though Special Guest even if its just Alex having for a Homeland Special Lynn for one song even by Guitar just to Appreciate Them.  Grin

Just a vision*

Of course, I would love to see more of Lynn and Alex with CW! But, in all honesty, I don't understand the rest of your post. I don't want them to have any less than "what they deserve" but as the "base" for a new album, I would very much want it to feature the current line up. And Susan has already been left out of the HfC cd.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:23PM by rfcw » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 04:09PM »

I do agreed a warmer cozy Christmas Approach by a mistic tree, fireplace warm coco cold night kind of feel dark greens, green shades this time.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: