Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else hoping for a new Christmas album?  (Read 6370 times)
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 05:21PM »

I would also love a new "regular album" - definitely - but I also just love Christmas music so much. And yes, no Silent Night. I love that song so much, but enough is enough. It should be on tour and could be on a dvd that has more songs than the cd, but not on a completely new album.

I've said this a few years ago, but I really have one particular wish for a Christmas album: use the third Christmas mood. If this sounds weird let me explain, but first I shall correct myself, I am sure there are a lot more than three Christmas moods, but there are two that have been done, and another that I want.

A Christmas Celebration had a very wintery, icy, light, and bright feel to it. Inspired by snowflakes and the ringing of bells.
Home for Christmas was opulent, red and warm and rich and glamorous and loud. Like a golden era Hollywood movie.
Christmas is both these things. Both were brilliant in their way and I love them dearly.

But Christmas is also dark. Christmas is dark in a good way. In a way that gives room for light and Light. Christmas is Night, and it is Winter (well, that depends on where you live, but for CW, it's very much Winter) and Christmas is cold outsides, and warm insides. I want a slightly nostalgic, and dark, and rustic Christmas show, reminiscent of decorating the tree in a badly lit room and putting up ancient decorations, and preparing for church, and smelling spices, and feeling chills of excitement, and happiness, with just a little bleakness and that comes around with Christmas, too, and the feeling that you are taken out of normal time and life for just a few days.

That's the kind of album and show I want, with arrangements and songs that suit the mood (Winter, Fire and Snow comes to my mind) and also, for a concert, a suitable stage design and dresses: a real (looking) Christmas tree, lots of dark green, some gold, red and brown, old toys...

I love that idea!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: