Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New XMas Album Ideas  (Read 3922 times)
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« on: July 16, 2018, 11:13AM »

Hello gang! This is just a little speculation thread. I was wondering what everyone was hoping to see in a potentially new Christmas show. We can assume the 3 songs on VOA (group version of Silent Night, Once In Royal David's City, and Joy To The World) will be there. So! I'm just wondering what you'd like to hear!

I'll begin the speculation!

For Mairead, I would love for her to do an a capella version (with a large choir backing her up on the chorus) of Gaudete in the first act and have her sing Let There Be Peace On Earth with only orchestral accompaniment in the second act.

For Eabha, I would love to hear her sing Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem in the first act with some beautiful, haunting orchestral accompaniment and then a light and more fun I Saw Three Ships in the second act with Tara and choral accompaniement.

For Susan, I REALLY want her to sing Let It Go in the first act and All I Want For Christmas Is You in the second act with the choir accompanying her. But I realize that that would be 2 very big songs and it might be difficult. So! As an alternate to Let It Go, how about My Favorite Things? It's not technically a Christmas song, but it's still popular at Christmas.

For Tara! In the first act, Sleigh Ride! Just her, her violin, and the orchestra! And then second act, her on the harp, unaccompanied by the orchestra, singing In The Bleak Midwinter.

As for group songs, a few come to mind. Mary Did You Know is one I've wanted them to sing for a while. And perhaps Winter, Fire, and Snow? I can't really think of anymore right now....

But tell me what you guys think and what you're hoping and wishing for!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 11:52AM »

I love all your ideas! They are perfect, and fairly much in line with my own wishes. I hope for a traditional "family" Christmas style. A bit nostalgic, and not too glamurous or icy. Lighting the tree on Christmas Eve and watching the first snow out of the kitchen window, scrumping cookies, tangerines and nuts, searching for presents hidden by one's parents, preparing for church... That sort of atmosphere.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 06:37PM »

I love all your ideas! They are perfect, and fairly much in line with my own wishes. I hope for a traditional "family" Christmas style. A bit nostalgic, and not too glamurous or icy. Lighting the tree on Christmas Eve and watching the first snow out of the kitchen window, scrumping cookies, tangerines and nuts, searching for presents hidden by one's parents, preparing for church... That sort of atmosphere.

Having read your comment, I 100% agree! I'll add to my list of group songs a beautiful group version of I'll Be Home For Christmas and Auld Lang Syne. The former is just Christmas at home to me and the latter is a traditional song that would be perfect for Celtic Woman to do as a group.

Also! Since they're revisiting old songs (due to not having rights to the old arrangements cuz of reasons  Roll Eyes) I want them to revisit O Holy Night (a classic!), White Christmas (that song just makes me think of family cuz it's my mom and her deceased mother's favorite song), and Hark The Herald Angels Sing (my favorite Christmas song). All as group numbers!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 09:48AM »

Family Christmas! New songs

Jingle Bells/Deck the Halls
Blue Christmas
Cause we need a little Christmas
No Place Like Home for the Holiday's
Definitely Mary Did You Know

I Actually took this inspiration idea already I came up with 20 Tracks also everyone has put their ideas already below:
Check it out!

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=21049.msg1014601;topicseen#msg1014601
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:57AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 12:03PM »

I like your ideas! Think I'll have to post my own list as soon as I figure it out...
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 12:48PM »

Okay! I think I have a list here. I'm not gonna go into costumes cuz that's WAY out of my ballpark. For this list, I included Chloe as a special guest instead of Meav. You'll see why. Oh! And when I say ensemble, I mean the current lineup. I'll add a +Chloe when she appears.

Act I
1. Carol Of The Bells - Ensemble (this seems like the best opener for a Christmas show, really)
2. O Little Town Of Bethlehem - Eabha (for this song, I think it should be Eabha, the choir, and the orchestra; after the grand, working beginning, take it down a notch with Eabha's haunting vocals)
3. Jingle Bells - Eabha, Mairead, Susan (bring it back with a fun, up-tempo song that the singer's can take)
4. My Grown Up Christmas List - Susan (someone had this on another thread and I cannot BELIEVE I forgot it; I want this one to be Susan next to the piano like the old piano ballads from CW)
5. The Prayer - Mairead and Susan (why do these 2 not have a duet yet when they've been together for so long?)
6. Sleigh Ride - Tara (pretty self-explanatory; Tara rocking out on her violin)
7. I'll Be Home For Christmas - Ensemble (have the girls talk about being in tour and grateful to be home with family for the holidays)
8. Gaudete - Mairead (a Capella with Mairead leading and the choir backing her on the chorus and with vocal harmonies)
9. Silent Night - Ensemble (I actually really loved the group version from VIA so let's keep it!)
10. (There's No Place Like) Home For The Holidays - Eabha and Susan (I can absolutely see these two with the choir covering this lovely song together with Eabha's rich lower register and Susan doing her soulful lower tone)
11. Good King Wenceslas - Ensemble (this would be the a Capella group number)
12. O Holy Night - Ensemble (again, if CW remakes any Christmas songs, this should definitely be one of them)

Act II
1. Hark The Herald Angels Sing - Ensemble (gotta have a big opening for Act II right?)
2. Once In Royal David's City - Ensemble (I absolutely loved this song and I want it in the new show)
3. Let It Go - Susan (I need to hear Susan sing this PLEASE!!!!)
4. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Susan and Chloe (Susan intros this fun song and welcomes Chloe onstage, akin to Lisa K and Chloe doing this one at Lisa's show, but since Susan and Chloe can both belt out those high notes better than anyone, get it gurl!)
5. In The Bleak Midwinter - Tara (for this one, just Tara on her harp and singing; bring it down a little bit)
6. Mary Did You Know - Ensemble (I think Tara should play her harp while the other 3 girls sing)
7. Blue Snowfall - Eabha and Mairead (I love this song and think these 2 would sing it beautifully)
8. Adeste Fideles - Chloe (gotta give my girl some Classical music to knock out of the ballpark)
9. Let There Be Peace On Earth -  Mairead (again, just want the lovely orchestration and Mairead 's beautiful operatic tones)
10. I Saw Three Ships - Eabha and Tara (I hope this would be a fun, up-tempo piece)
11. Auld Lang Syne - Ensemble (the current 4 girls come out and perform this song together, bagpipes and all)
12. Joy To The World - Ensemble+Chloe (like with Destiny, include our lovely guest star on a beautiful, full choir and orchestra rendition of this Christmas classic)
13. Here We Come A-Wassailing - Ensemble+Chloe (ending similar to Orla's Christmas show with this fun song; on tour, Tara can take over Chloe's part)
John910

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 06:24PM »

I would like to hear their interpretation of some Polish, Italian, and German carols.

One of the Italian carols is "O Bambino (One Cold and Blessed Winter)"

and Polish carols such as "Lulajze Jezuniu", "Gdy sie Chrystus rodzi", and "Gdy Sliczna Panna".

They have some of the nicest melodies.

Also maybe "The Cat Carol" (about the cat left out in the snow on Christmas Eve)

and "Christmas Dream"
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 04:27AM »

Family Christmas! New songs

Jingle Bells/Deck the Halls
Blue Christmas
Cause we need a little Christmas
No Place Like Home for the Holiday's
Definitely Mary Did You Know

I Actually took this inspiration idea already I came up with 20 Tracks also everyone has put their ideas already below:
Check it out!

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=21049.msg1014601;topicseen#msg1014601
I like these so far.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: