Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW DVD Shoot: Johnstown Castle  (Read 27043 times)
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2018, 09:00AM »

I love this picture of the current lineup all together! Shocked  And that name is so majestic Cheesy It definitely sounds like this CD is gonna be a VERY Celtic one! Kiss

I sure hope so! I would love a more traditional album of music from the girls. Closest they came was Destiny with all of the songs in Irish. And I REALLY want Murphy's Ball on it!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:17AM by mattycakes » Logged
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 01:15PM »

I love this picture of the current lineup all together! Shocked  And that name is so majestic Cheesy It definitely sounds like this CD is gonna be a VERY Celtic one! Kiss
I sure hope so! I would love a more traditional album of music from the girls. Closest they came was Destiny with all of the songs in Irish. Anne I REALLY want Murphy's Ball on it!
Yesss, I agree! Grin
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 09:32AM »

How will she sing though? Will she do Contemporary or will this Celtic Woman be a new formation with another soprano like CWX Meav, Lynn etc. Are we going to have dueling operatics or just one Mairead Carlin?

Because
Alex was similar to Susan, and Alex was way more Different than Lisa Kelly!

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 01:15AM »

Only a few more days until I get to see Celtic Woman live at a castle!

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 02:00PM »

How will she sing though? Will she do Contemporary or will this Celtic Woman be a new formation with another soprano like CWX Meav, Lynn etc. Are we going to have dueling operatics or just one Mairead Carlin?

Because
Alex was similar to Susan, and Alex was way more Different than Lisa Kelly!

I would actually argue that Lisa and Alex were and are very similar singers. Both of them seem to fit on the more classical Soprano side. I know Lisa herself said that she had classical training, including opera, but that she didn't enjoy singing classical. I don't know Alex's training, but she had a very powerful voice. I would even argue stronger than Lisa's was.

Susan, however, was more of a contemporary, theatre-trained Soprano. She had that natural theatre belt that could make her stand out even if Mairead was hitting opera notes. She was a theatre girl, just like Lisa and Alex, but it seems, to me anyway, that she might be the only girl without any classical training.

If you watch the YouTube videos of Murphy's Ballroom Of Romance, there is a video with Alex and one with Susan. Alex's voice melds better on the faster songs with Mairead and Eabha. Susan's voice, however, is more suited to pop and fast-paced songs and her voice is louder than Mairead and Eabha.

It seems to me that, with 2 classically trained sopranos in Mairead and Megan, and with an Alto in Eabha, CW is going back to the old style sound. Cuz Meav and Lisa were both classical sopranos with Orla and Chloe (since she was younger and her voice was still forming) in the Alto and mezzo registers.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 12:50PM »

THANK YOU!
I really enjoyed reading your Analysis on
Lisa Kelly, Alex Sharpe and Susan!
Especially totally thanks for the Murphy's Ballroom Highlight Differences!  Honestly I enjoyed Alex's performance I love her singing this voice with Mairead & Eabha!

Definitely Alex is on side more powerful than Lisa. Lisa's power is sharing each souls the message, Alex is indeph transporting the message through emotion. They Both do it the same just uniquely different! And Yes Susan is powerful on solo whereas her group participation is different whereas Alex pretty much does it both sides group and in solo except not as noticable when a member as a lower range while with Celtic Woman. Grin

Exciting Analysis Love IT!
Love these Discussions!***
Quote from: mattycakes

If you watch the YouTube videos of Murphy's Ballroom Of Romance, there is a video with Alex and one with Susan. Alex's voice melds better on the faster songs with Mairead and Eabha. Susan's voice, however, is more suited to pop and fast-paced songs and her voice is louder than Mairead and Eabha.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:00PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 02:46PM »

So is anyone here on the Forum going? If so, can we get a setlist?  Roll Eyes

I'm honestly really curious how Megan will fit in the group. She clearly has a gorgeous classical soprano voice. I hope she and Mairead even have a duet! Also, I really hope they do an a cappella song again. I miss those close harmonies in those songs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 02:48PM by mattycakes » Logged
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 03:17PM »

Also hope anyone going is going Thursday. Weather says nice on Thursday but raining on Friday in County Wexford.
Celtic4life

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 08:00AM »

Anyone seen the picture posted in FB? The stage looks like the same design used for Celtic Thunder MYTHOLOGY.

https://www.facebook.com/117800522837/posts/10156670677862838/
Celtic4life

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 08:21PM »

Here’s another gorgeous pic from their FB Page

https://www.facebook.com/celticwoman/photos/a.164250352837/10156673425472838/?type=3

I can’t wait for the release!!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 06:11AM »

Have you guys seen the tracj list? Many traditional songs, many new songs, and many original songs written by Gavin Murphy - Ballroom of Romance is co-written by Méav! - and one of Éabha's solos was co-written by herself!

The only "old songs" are two of Máiread N's fiddle solos no as vocal songs! Well, and Homeland and Tara's Tunes and the songs from the Homeland tour, but the latter ones haven't been recorded yet and Homelandand Tara's Tunes are fine enough for "previously done" song! But it's so Celtic and so pretty and so original and so new! I'm so excited!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:16AM by ShiningBright » Logged

Gerard

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 06:27AM »

It's at times like this I wish the Tardis was real ! Can't wait for the release of the DVD and the CD.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2018, 06:59AM »

Yes new songs!!! I consider any of the new songs from the last tour as new since they hadn't been recorded yet.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2018, 08:45AM »

Homeland on the Album CD will Be the Studio Track with Susan from early 2018!!!!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy Grin

Gerard

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2018, 02:09PM »

No "Wild Mountainside", though. Too bad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: