Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Christmas CD and Show!  (Read 40554 times)
JamieLew

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 05:59PM »

I think any of the male chorus members would do excellent with it...
I'm thinking Lisa and Julian?  Grin

Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 07:49PM »

Mary Did You Know
Joan
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 02:15PM »

I just saw this thread. Can't believe I missed it until now. Funny thing is that I actually also thought about starting a "next xmas" thread and thought "no way - too too early" but seems we all think somewhat alike, at least with Celtic Woman music anyway.

I agree that "Merry Christmas Darling" is almost a must do for them, a Lisa - David type solo / piano piece.

Faith Hill's "Where are you Christmas" from the Grinch movie. An excellent Xmas song!

A combination of some of the more fun type xmas songs like frosty, rudolph, & santa clause is comin' to town. I don't know if they would do these songs completely, as someone else said maybe its not their type of thing. But they are xmas favorites, so some type of inclusion in the show could work.

Although "Amazing Grace" is not a xmas carol, its still a great song and is religious, and since Christmas is a religious holiday, why not include it? Hayley does a great job with it on her dvd. I would hope it would be done by all of them as a group song.

Some David original. After "Green the whole year long" now he has our expectations up. He will have to come up with one every year now!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Kylass

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2007, 04:10PM »

I would love to hear the ladies do Dale Wood's "Carol from an Irish Cabin"--not only is it a perfect fit, since it's Irish, but it is simply an amazingly gorgeous song. Another not-as-well-known but beautiful Christmas song is the Flemish carol "The Simple Birth".  I've heard it done before as an instrumental, and I'm sure Orla and Mairead would do it justice!

I surely wish "Green the Whole Year Round" was on the CD, though!
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 06:07PM »

I think any of the male chorus members would do excellent with it...
I'm thinking Lisa and Julian?  Grin

I can easily picture that now.

Faith Hill's "Where are you Christmas" from the Grinch movie. An excellent Xmas song!

I can't believe I didn't think of that before. Chloe would do a fantastic job with that song.

Thanks Mel!
Zo

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2007, 06:20PM »

I would like to hear Lynn sing Silent Night and O Holy Night. She was very good on these two songs on Anuna's Christmas cd.

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
jumpstart6

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2007, 06:26PM »

Definately The First Noel. Chloe would be great at it.

xoxo~Chloe
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007, 11:01AM »

I can't believe I didn't think of that before. Chloe would do a fantastic job with that song.

Oh that is what I was thinking! Chloe would do a great job! Fun idea!
John910

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 12:04AM »

How about "Christmas Canon"?

Gerard

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 03:17AM »

Here is one that I've just discovered, courtesy of the good Doctor:

http://www.myspace.com/silvascreenrecords

That song, called The Stowaway, appears in this year's Doctor Who Christmas Special, "Voyage of the Damned". And it would be perfect for Lisa, methinks.
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2007, 01:16PM »

"Somewhere In My Memory" is another pretty song (it's from Home Alone).

Pianoman14
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2007, 01:39PM »

Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song) ---- Wow. that would be gorgeous. I'm sure David could write some lush harmonies for that. I get chills just thinking about it.
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2007, 04:02PM »

Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song) ---- Wow. that would be gorgeous. I'm sure David could write some lush harmonies for that. I get chills just thinking about it.

I absolutely adore that song.  I'm thinking Lisa.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Pianoman14
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 12:37PM »

I truly do think that Lisa could do wonders with that song. She has the perfect voice for it. *chills chills* Cry
-Brett
Celeste

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 03:03AM »

there are some traditional Polish and Slovak carols, which can be translated into other languages. The tunes themselves are beautiful and I bet with David's arrangements and the ladies singing they would just be magnificent.

Yes, there are. Here are some of my Polish favourites:

Z narodzenia Pana
Bóg sie rodzi
Dzisiaj w Betlejem        
Przybiezeli do Betlejem

To hear these sung by a mighty choir at a Midnight Mass in a cavernous cathedral is an unforgettable experience. But I don't know if they would work with an emphasis on female voices. The strong baritone and bass voices are what make those carols so powerful. They sound like they have emerged right from the Middle Ages.

Sadly, it's probably too much to ask the girls to learn to sing in yet another language. But it would be wonderful. And on that note, I would love it if they could sing "O Tannenbaum" (which the English-speaking world knows as "O Christmas Tree" -- but how incredible would it be if they could do a verse in German).

Of English choices, I would much prefer traditional carols, which are eternal, to modern songs, which will sound dated in a few years. I'd especially love to hear:

The Holly and the Ivy
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Joy To the World

and perhaps
Deck the Halls
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
We Three Kings of Orient Are
What Child Is This?

I really missed those in the Christmas DVD.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 11:07PM by Celeste » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: