Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient Land Album & DVD  (Read 28700 times)
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2018, 07:50PM »

Hmm I know this may not be the most popular post but it’s just my thoughts on the new cd! I have some mixed feeling on it. I love faster paced music as I’m a runner/ fast walker, so this is a slower cd. That being said I love slower songs to bring my mood level and what not and this is a perfect cd for that and even more special that all the songs are new and some are written by eabha and Meav! I love the ancient land song, homecoming, dive and my fave is follow me (would love to know the lyrics as can understand and make out some but had no time to translate!). I will post and let everyone know once I do! They could have easily added somewhere over the rainbow and Murphy’s ballroom of romance and it would have been perfect!! But this was just my thought and I am sure I will love the whole cd just like the other Celtic woman cds!! And hope to go to Akron and see them
Next year or even better hopefully they come to clevelabd fingers crossed! Can’t wait!
On an interesting side note... someone had videoed and posted the whole night one of the taping on YouTube. Not the best quality by a long shot! But from what I saw of it, it looks like it’s going to be amazing when the dvd comes out! But 2 things though... one it looks like they were nervous (not so much Megan or Tara) but also a mix of maybe being cold too?? And 2. The stage seems small. They looked cozy up their though! And I noticed a time or two in the video that eabha’s foot might have slipped off the stage, but she made it look like it was supposed to happen!! Still amazing though and can’t wait! Ok just listens to more and forgot to sayloved Tara’s tune and mna na eireinn! The stage was damp both nights, especially on the second night. It was pretty cold both nights. Megan was a little nervous on the first night but she handled it and powered through it so well. I think all the girls were nervous, but both shows were really, really good!
Hmm I know this may not be the most popular post but it’s just my thoughts on the new cd! I have some mixed feeling on it. I love faster paced music as I’m a runner/ fast walker, so this is a slower cd. That being said I love slower songs to bring my mood level and what not and this is a perfect cd for that and even more special that all the songs are new and some are written by eabha and Meav! I love the ancient land song, homecoming, dive and my fave is follow me (would love to know the lyrics as can understand and make out some but had no time to translate!). I will post and let everyone know once I do! They could have easily added somewhere over the rainbow and Murphy’s ballroom of romance and it would have been perfect!! But this was just my thought and I am sure I will love the whole cd just like the other Celtic woman cds!! And hope to go to Akron and see them
Next year or even better hopefully they come to clevelabd fingers crossed! Can’t wait!
On an interesting side note... someone had videoed and posted the whole night one of the taping on YouTube. Not the best quality by a long shot! But from what I saw of it, it looks like it’s going to be amazing when the dvd comes out! But 2 things though... one it looks like they were nervous (not so much Megan or Tara) but also a mix of maybe being cold too?? And 2. The stage seems small. They looked cozy up their though! And I noticed a time or two in the video that eabha’s foot might have slipped off the stage, but she made it look like it was supposed to happen!! Still amazing though and can’t wait! Ok just listens to more and forgot to say loved Tara’s tune and mna na eireinn!

The stage was damp both nights, especially on the second night. It was pretty cold both nights. Megan was a little nervous on the first night but she handled it and powered through it so well. I think all the girls were nervous, but both shows were really, really good!
oh ok I heard about that too and I tap dance on tile so I know how it feels to be on something slippery, especially w dance shoes or heels, it’s scary!! But Megan looked cool as a cucumber and excited!! And once it got going they looked like they were all having a good time!! And I’m sure it will be amazing once put together!! Smiley

Yeah, a few of the tapdancers slipped and nearly fell down on night #2. Tara tripped on one of the steps, probably because part of her dress got wet and dragged on the steps a little.

Mairead Carlin seemed the most comfortable. She was cracking jokes with the audience both nights, especially night #2.

Megan was so adorable. Between takes /resets they would sometimes relay instructions to the girls. Megan was on the extended wing of the stage closest to me and during one of the resets, she got some instructions, nodded a bit, and looked like she was a little disappointed with herself. The stage director reached out to hold Megan's hand for a moment to give her some confidence. They missed each others' hands a few times (Megan was probably a bit nervous and probably really cold as well). The stage director held Megan's hand for a moment as if to re-assure her she was doing great. Megan seemed to appreciate that. That moment reminded me of Eabha's debut during Celtic Woman: Destiny, when Mairead Carlin grabbed Eabha's hand (unscripted) to share some strength.

During the songs, Megan looked great! Her dancing looked graceful, her voice didn't sound shaky at all. She did really well!

Eabha seemed really nervous on the Homecoming DVD, but seemed far more comfortable and confident at the castle.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:42PM by CWazyTom » Logged

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 02:26PM »

On an interesting side note... someone had videoed and posted the whole night one of the taping on YouTube. Not the best quality by a long shot! But from what I saw of it, it looks like it’s going to be amazing when the dvd comes out! But 2 things though... one it looks like they were nervous (not so much Megan or Tara) but also a mix of maybe being cold too?? And 2. The stage seems small. They looked cozy up their though! And I noticed a time or two in the video that eabha’s foot might have slipped off the stage, but she made it look like it was supposed to happen!! Still amazing though and can’t wait! Ok just listens to more and forgot to sayloved Tara’s tune and mna na eireinn! The stage was damp both nights, especially on the second night. It was pretty cold both nights. Megan was a little nervous on the first night but she handled it and powered through it so well. I think all the girls were nervous, but both shows were really, really good!
[/quote
On an interesting side note... someone had videoed and posted the whole night one of the taping on YouTube. Not the best quality by a long shot! But from what I saw of it, it looks like it’s going to be amazing when the dvd comes out! But 2 things though... one it looks like they were nervous (not so much Megan or Tara) but also a mix of maybe being cold too?? And 2. The stage seems small. They looked cozy up their though! And I noticed a time or two in the video that eabha’s foot might have slipped off the stage, but she made it look like it was supposed to happen!! Still amazing though and can’t wait! Ok just listens to more and forgot to say loved Tara’s tune and mna na eireinn!
Oh no! That doesn’t sound good! They could get seriously injured, we had a few injuries in my 3 yrs tapping and hate to see anyone fall! And that’s so sweet w Megan! Ask I think in the video Tara did look like she slipped for a second and caught herself. But the music was fast so she made it look like she was supposed to do that!!

The stage was damp both nights, especially on the second night. It was pretty cold both nights. Megan was a little nervous on the first night but she handled it and powered through it so well. I think all the girls were nervous, but both shows were really, really good!
oh ok I heard about that too and I tap dance on tile so I know how it feels to be on something slippery, especially w dance shoes or heels, it’s scary!! But Megan looked cool as a cucumber and excited!! And once it got going they looked like they were all having a good time!! And I’m sure it will be amazing once put together!! Smiley

Yeah, a few of the tapdancers slipped and nearly fell down on night #2. Tara tripped on one of the steps, probably because part of her dress got wet and dragged on the steps a little.

Mairead Carlin seemed the most comfortable. She was cracking jokes with the audience both nights, especially night #2.

Megan was so adorable. Between takes /resets they would sometimes relay instructions to the girls. Megan was on the extended wing of the stage closest to me and during one of the resets, she got some instructions, nodded a bit, and looked like she was a little disappointed with herself. The stage director reached out to hold Megan's hand for a moment to give her some confidence. They missed each others' hands a few times (Megan was probably a bit nervous and probably really cold as well). The stage director held Megan's hand for a moment as if to re-assure her she was doing great. Megan seemed to appreciate that. That moment reminded me of Eabha's debut during Celtic Woman: Destiny, when Mairead Carlin grabbed Eabha's hand (unscripted) to share some strength.

During the songs, Megan looked great! Her dancing looked graceful, her voice didn't sound shaky at all. She did really well!

Eabha seemed really nervous on the Homecoming DVD, but seemed far more comfortable and confident at the castle.

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 09:04PM »

This is unrelated to the reviews / thoughts above but I have to say something:

Celtic Woman needs our help. Let's do everything we possibly can to promote the album and the tour.

Certainly tell all your friends and family and ask them to help spread the word.

But maybe we need to brainstorm about what else we can do to help them get the word out.

Whatever ideas we've got, now is the time.

Thanks in advance.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2018, 04:35PM »

Celtic Woman needs our help. Let's do everything we possibly can to promote the album and the tour.

Certainly tell all your friends and family and ask them to help spread the word.

But maybe we need to brainstorm about what else we can do to help them get the word out.

Thanks in advance.
Is there some reason you believe additional help is necessary? Or is this just being a supportive fan?

I mean, I'll still play their music loud and proud with the windows down either way!
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2018, 12:27PM »

Thanks in advance.
Is there some reason you believe additional help is necessary? Or is this just being a supportive fan?

I mean, I'll still play their music loud and proud with the windows down either way!

The digital album had the lowest debut in the World Albums chart of any Celtic Woman except for a few of their Christmas EPs.

The hope is that people are just waiting to get the physical CD and it will have a huge surge the first time the CD sales hit the charts (for an October 26 release, most likely those will impact the charts on November 1 or Cool. The digital album is only available in North America too, as far as I know, so there a lots of fans out there having to wait for the CD, which isn't released yet.

I was kind of expecting the sales to be really divided between the digial and physical album releases, but I wasn't expecting it to hurt the chart debut as much as it did.

The album may still end up doing well chart-wise (and more importantly for Celtic Woman, revenue-wise). Maybe it will be a late bloomer. But for most albums, the debut week is the peak week. A concern with it not debuting anywhere near the top is that it will have a snowball effect on sales in subsequent weeks. People that just look at the charts planning to get something that's doing well will be much less likely to get it and less likely to tell their friends and family about it. Even casual fans might look at where it debuted and say to themselves "I guess it's just not the same anymore, maybe I'll skip this one."

I was pretty concerned before Destiny released because I didn't know how fans were going to react to the new sound. Destiny ended up debuting at #1 though. Ancient Land did not come anywhere close to that.

Maybe I'm just concerned over nothing, but I've got a bad feeling that they're going to really need our help on this one. I love them way too much to take any chances with this.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 09:22PM »

Thanks in advance.

The digital album had the lowest debut in the World Albums chart of any Celtic Woman except for a few of their Christmas EPs.

The hope is that people are just waiting to get the physical CD and it will have a huge surge the first time the CD sales hit the charts (for an October 26 release, most likely those will impact the charts on November 1 or Cool. The digital album is only available in North America too, as far as I know, so there a lots of fans out there having to wait for the CD, which isn't released yet.

I was kind of expecting the sales to be really divided between the digial and physical album releases, but I wasn't expecting it to hurt the chart debut as much as it did.

The album may still end up doing well chart-wise (and more importantly for Celtic Woman, revenue-wise). Maybe it will be a late bloomer. But for most albums, the debut week is the peak week. A concern with it not debuting anywhere near the top is that it will have a snowball effect on sales in subsequent weeks. People that just look at the charts planning to get something that's doing well will be much less likely to get it and less likely to tell their friends and family about it. Even casual fans might look at where it debuted and say to themselves "I guess it's just not the same anymore, maybe I'll skip this one."

I was pretty concerned before Destiny released because I didn't know how fans were going to react to the new sound. Destiny ended up debuting at #1 though. Ancient Land did not come anywhere close to that.

Maybe I'm just concerned over nothing, but I've got a bad feeling that they're going to really need our help on this one. I love them way too much to take any chances with this.

Ah... Gotcha! I didn't know that. I can say that I myself have decided to wait until the physical cd comes out. I love playing them in my car. I also prefer having all the available songs. That's why I usually get the deluxe or extended editions.

I really hope Ancient Land does good for Celtic Woman! It's the best CW cd since Believe! Emerald, Destiny, and VOA were good, but this one is so amazing! I love the songs I'm hearing so far.

I'll post my own review after I get the cd.
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 10:52PM »

Thanks in advance.

Ah... Gotcha! I didn't know that. I can say that I myself have decided to wait until the physical cd comes out. I love playing them in my car. I also prefer having all the available songs. That's why I usually get the deluxe or extended editions.

I really hope Ancient Land does good for Celtic Woman! It's the best CW cd since Believe! Emerald, Destiny, and VOA were good, but this one is so amazing! I love the songs I'm hearing so far.

I'll post my own review after I get the cd.

I also waited for the CD.  Cry

I listen to it on Spotify a lot, but I don't think that counts towards Billboard's charts.

Which is part of the reason I feel so bad about this and want to try even harder to help them out now. One digital album purchase wouldn't have made much difference. But thousands of people thinking the same way might have.

In case anyone's wondering the album debuted at #8.  Cry

I don't know if the girls know or not.

The sales numbers of BTS are going to be hard to overcome, so short of a minor miracle, I'd be pretty surprised at this stage if the CD release peaks into the top 3. But I really hope it does well. The girls and their team deserve to be #1. Let's do whatever we can to get them there.

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2018, 10:12PM »

Well if you weren't scared before...

This week Ancient Land dropped off the World Albums chart.

In its second week. Shocked

So one way to look at this is that most people are waiting for the album (or didn't know there was a digital release in advance) AND that almost everyone that was interested in the digital album got it immediately.

But even if that's the case, it essentially means that almost everyone getting the album are existing fans that are following them closely.

It would be such a shame if there just isn't enough interest out there, because this album is amazing and I love Celtic Woman now as much as I ever did. <3
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:30PM by CWazyTom » Logged

Excalibur

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 02:40AM »

I think the sales will be much better during and after the airing of the PBS special...

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2018, 10:30AM »

Don't forget that the official release date isn't until the 26th according to celticwoman.com!
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2018, 09:51AM »

So it's officially out now.

Has anyone found The Enchanted Way or Ballroom of Romance anywhere? I'm hoping the files end up for purchase on Itunes or Amazon soon.
leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2018, 11:31AM »

I just received my CD, pre-ordered from Amazon today.  Tracks 17 and 18 are The Enchanted Way and Ballroom of Romance. Smiley

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2018, 11:49AM »

They aren't on the mp3 version on Amazon. I can't find them anywhere digitally.
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2018, 04:34PM »

They aren't on the mp3 version on Amazon. I can't find them anywhere digitally.

They're CD exclusives. That's consistent with what they've done with other recent albums and the CD-only tracks from those other recent albums did not have subsequent digital releases.

I suspect the same will be true for the ancient land CD-exclusives to encourage people to buy the CD and reward people for doing so.

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2018, 04:34PM »

My Amazon pre-order of Ancient Land arrived today!!!!  Cheesy