Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary PBS Special Recording  (Read 5676 times)
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« on: July 01, 2023, 09:45PM »

I managed to get myself a ticket to the Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary PBS Special recording this August!

It's fortunate I happened to peek at social media at that moment (during a meeting at work), because:
1. The Celtic Woman email blast didn't reach me for about another hour or two after that,
2. The registrations (first come first serve) came in so fast that people who registered 10 minutes after me (maybe less) didn't get tickets.

I think I got mine submitted around 15-20 minutes after the notice appeared on social media.

That's a totally different experience than the Ancient Land DVD recording, for which there were plenty of unfilled spots.

I'm glad they're giving everyone a lot of notice this time, but it's a bit ridiculous that there are many fans, willing and able to travel to Ireland, who have been following Celtic Woman for over 18 years, seen hundreds of shows, but couldn't get a ticket to this one because they didn't happen to check their socials or emails within the first hour of registration. For people that don't use social media frequently, they had almost no chance of getting tickets, since not everyone gets the CW emails at the same time and probably most people didn't even receive it in their inbox until long after the registration capacity had been reached.

The special guests for the show should start getting announced soon and I get the feeling there will be a shocker. Wink
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 09:46PM by CWazyTom » Logged

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 09:27AM »

The show was amazing !
So many tears.....
The wait for the DVD will seem like forever.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
dbbii

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 01:35PM »

I'm glad they're giving everyone a lot of notice this time, but it's a bit ridiculous that there are many fans, willing and able to travel to Ireland, who have been following Celtic Woman for over 18 years, seen hundreds of shows, but couldn't get a ticket to this one because they didn't happen to check their socials or emails within the first hour of registration. For people that don't use social media frequently, they had almost no chance of getting tickets, since not everyone gets the CW emails at the same time and probably most people didn't even receive it in their inbox until long after the registration capacity had been reached.

I've had similar feelings.  Over the years, I've probably averaged 10 CW shows a year.  That won't happen again -- not because I don't want to, but because it seems like CW doesn't care if I show up or not.  I think is becoming more common in just about every "event" that's out there.  Look at the craziness with Taylor Swift concerts.  Unless you spend 24/7 on-line, on multiple platforms, you don't have a chance.  From Taylor Swift's standpoint, "she" doesn't care.  It's sold out regardless.  I saw were there were some comments that the Helix show had some empty seats.  I saw 3 show last year -- same thing.  The venue was not sold out like it had been in the past.  OK, COVID was a factor. 

I was willing to spend the several thousand dollars to go to the show at the Helix.  I'm lucky that I can afford to do this kind of thing -- the real question is do I want to deal with all the hassle.  Will I go to a couple CW shows next year?  Probably, but not like I used to.  If I can't get good seats, a M7G, or the show is not in a great location (think Red Rocks or RCMH) I'm not sure how much hassle I'm willing to deal with.

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 10:18AM »

I can understand where you are coming from.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 07:25AM »

That sad to hear Sad

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
dbbii

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 07:12PM »

It is kinda sad.  I've been to over 100 CW concerts since 2007.  I have great memories.  Red Rocks.  Radio City. A Sneak & Greet.  35 Meet & Greats.  Multiple shows when Chloe and Lisa K were on their own.  Had conversations with all the girls.  Have just about eveyone's autograph.  I will go my local show this year.  If I fall in love again, I'll go to more.  that happened to me years ago.  I went to the first show in SFTH.  I said to myself it's local; that's all I'm going to do. Then, LL sat next to me on TAR.  I went to 12 more shows that year!  Don't expect that to happen again.  Part of it is the M&G is no longer a Meet.  It's a photo op and how fast can they push us thru.  OK, I get it.  I would hope that sooner or later someone at CW gets it.

dbbii

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 07:12PM »

It is kinda sad.  I've been to over 100 CW concerts since 2007.  I have great memories.  Red Rocks.  Radio City. A Sneak & Greet.  35 Meet & Greats.  Multiple shows when Chloe and Lisa K were on their own.  Had conversations with all the girls.  Have just about eveyone's autograph.  I will go my local show this year.  If I fall in love again, I'll go to more.  that happened to me years ago.  I went to the first show in SFTH.  I said to myself it's local; that's all I'm going to do. Then, LL sat next to me on TAR.  I went to 12 more shows that year!  Don't expect that to happen again.  Part of it is the M&G is no longer a Meet.  It's a photo op and how fast can they push us thru.  OK, I get it.  I would hope that sooner or later someone at CW gets it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: