Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you go to a show alone?  (Read 8993 times)
marielle

« on: October 20, 2007, 01:57PM »

Hi Everyone,
My first post to say hello and would you? Go alone?
I'm thinking about it. I've seen CW twice (with someone) and they are wonderfully talented and the whole production is terrific!

I guess my shyness in general is making me hesitate and only I know if I could rise above it to enjoy the show no matter what.

Anyway...thanks for listening.    Smiley

marielle
KiernanKate
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 01:59PM »

If I could get away going to ANY concert alone....... I definitely would.

It might seem a bit mean, but being a young adult..... I don't want my mother to ALWAYS be with me for stuff.
Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 02:03PM »

I'd go alone, but it wouldn't be smart. I'm still a tad to young for that, and wel...Any young woman going out alone is taking a risk these days...

But to CW, I'd definitely go alone Grin

Btw, welcome to the forum Marielle Grin

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 02:09PM »

Marielle  welcome to the CW forum.  Please make yourself at home.

To answer your question yes I would go by myself.  As a matter of fact I already have.
Twice to be exact.  I wanted to go and my friend couldn't, so I went by myself.  Believe me it took nothing away from the experience.  I even got one of the famous Lisa smiles.
I would rather go by myself then sit at home and wish I had someone to go with me.

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 02:09PM »

Hi Everyone,
My first post to say hello and would you? Go alone?
I'm thinking about it. I've seen CW twice (with someone) and they are wonderfully talented and the whole production is terrific!

I guess my shyness in general is making me hesitate and only I know if I could rise above it to enjoy the show no matter what.

Anyway...thanks for listening.    Smiley

Marielle,

to the CW forum!

I like to go to shows with someone, but that's my preference.  I don't think there is anything wrong with going alone.  If you feel comfortable going alone, I say go for it! 

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 02:31PM »

I go alone, by myself, all over the USA, all the time. Reason being is that ... either people I know can't tear themselves away and go, at the time the Tour is on or ... (shun the thought) but I even know some folks who won't go because they simply don't care. (Translation ... they don't know what they are missing and if they choose to sit at home and fore-go the beauty and talent of Celtic Woman ... so be it). As I always say ... " see ya when I get home" ... and away I go, on to the next city and the next round of CW shows. Yes go alone. I would rather go alone anyday to a Celtic Woman concert than to not go at all. (As long as you are of appropriate age to travel on your own. I'm assuming).

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
erick

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 02:41PM »

Ive seen the girls perform a few times now and almost half of them Ive been by myself. When the girls look right into your eyes and give you one of their little grins your heart jumps and you realize you arent alone at all. You are among great friends.
lintje

OMG!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 02:50PM »

I'd go alone, but it wouldn't be smart. I'm still a tad to young for that, and wel...Any young woman going out alone is taking a risk these days...

But to CW, I'd definitely go alone Grin

same here not safe i think and my parents wuoldnt allow me but i have a friend who would cgo with me a so its okay but i would definatly go alone if i was allowed to

scott thanx Cheesy
Irish

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 05:10PM »

Welcome to the forum Marielle - happy to have you aboard. I wouldn't worry about going to a CW concert alone. If you are worried check out the forum sites for the particular concert near you and see who all are going. That way you can hook up with other members. At the present time there just so happen to be 28 members enjoying the West Palm concert. There is always more fun in numbers. No reason to feel alone when the forum is family.

Dúlamán

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 05:26PM »

I attended two shows alone. No one to distract you from what's going on on stage. I had a great time at both shows.  Grin Go fot it!

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 05:28PM »

Pleasure to meet you too, Marielle. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Gillian

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 06:24PM »

Welcome!!!  I am a newbie too Smiley
I think it is perfectly OK to go alone if you are of age to travel by yourself.  There will be lots and lots of people milling around, so you should be quite safe.  Like Irish said if you are worried then look for someone on the forum who will be at the same concert as you, and arrange to meet them.
I have been to a couple of CW concerts by myself, and am going next week by myself.
Which concert are you thinking about going to?    Good Luck Smiley
Rigatony60

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 06:37PM »

I am going to the St. Paul show by myself. I could not find anyone that wanted to go, but I wasn't going to miss a show by my favorite group, besides there is a bout 14 members from the forum that are meeting at an Irish pub before the show. so I won't be alone before the show.

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 07:11PM »

I would go by myself, but I really wouldn't be alone. I would be in a room full of CW fans (for the most part), and I would love every second of it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 07:30PM by Anderpaw » Logged

marielle

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 07:26PM »

Thanks Guys for your kind welcome, great responses and for the concern about safely going alone.   Smiley   
(I knew you all were like that from reading here for a while before joining. I've also enjoyed reading all of the reviews.)

So...I've decided to go next week in Charlotte...about a three hour drive. I may stay overnight and zip over to the mountains to see the autumn leaves.

We (my husband and I) saw Haley in Charlotte and then Meav in Atlanta so it'll be fun to see Lynn, the newest addition... and Lisa's too!   Grin

marielle
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: