Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which DVD is your favorite?  (Read 7128 times)
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« on: October 22, 2007, 04:25PM »

This should be interesting.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
KiernanKate
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 04:26PM »

Typo......... Cheesy
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 04:37PM »

Where's the "All of them" button?   Cheesy

I seriously do love them all.  Though I haven't seen Chloe's or Hayley's.  ANJ was the first one I ever saw and I love it to absolute insanity but then again I can never get enough of Helix.  And I've watched the Christmas DVD like 10 times since I got it.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 04:45PM »

I can't choose.  Grin

Thanks Lindsey
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 04:48PM »

I love the Christmas DVD. I think that it is Awesome!!

made by JRRacing
leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 04:50PM »

They are all awesome!  It's almost imposible to choose a favorite.

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 05:54PM »

I have to go with "A New Journey" for a few reasons.   

It was the first show I had ever seen of Celtic Woman, having caught the PBS performance purely by accident one night.  I actually got both the original Helix and the New Journey DVD's together, loved them both, but I felt like "A New Journey" was a more intensely developed show.  Of course, that makes sense because they hadn't expected the first one to become such a phenomenon ... we're just glad it DID!

I've watched the Christmas Celebration more times than I can count, and I'm not planning on stopping any time soon ... but I think there will always be something special about "A New Journey" for me.

I haven't seen either of the two solo DVD's yet, although they ARE on my list to get soon.
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 05:59PM »

I'd have to say that A New Journey was my favorite. I've watched tht one the most even though I love all the other DVDs.

Thanks Mel!
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 06:11PM »

It is very hard for me to pick a favorite dvd. As far as overall look, it would have to be the Christmas dvd. As far as the actual production, it would be ANJ. As far as the actual music, it would have to be the Helix.

flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 06:19PM »

Where's the "All of them" button?   Cheesy

I seriously do love them all.  Though I haven't seen Chloe's or Hayley's.  ANJ was the first one I ever saw and I love it to absolute insanity but then again I can never get enough of Helix.  And I've watched the Christmas DVD like 10 times since I got it.

Chloe's and Hayley's are wonderful.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 06:48PM »

I have them all and they are all great.  But my favorite is the Christmas one, just something about how it was shot appeals to me.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 07:01PM »

Definitely have to agree with the shooting on the Christmas DVD.  One of the best "effects" obtained, I think, is an easy one to do, but very impressive looking, at least to me:

During the "Little Drummer Boy" performance, there were a couple of times where the camera was on Ray from the side ... at first it looks like he is almost floating forward.  You can tell from how still his body is (except the arms, of course) that he is not walking, but the movement is still there.   I had to stop and think about it a moment, then watch it again to pick out the fact that it was a very carefullly shot camera angle with the camera being what's moving instead of Ray ... a slow, very steady pan of the camera itself creating the illusion of him moving.

There were a LOT of great shots in the DVD, but that one sort of stood out to me.
Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 07:04PM »

I picked the Christmas DVD. It was a close tie with ANJ. I love the ANJ but I feel that each DVD gets better and better. The girls continue to outdo the previous DVD even though it doesn't seem possible!
Joan
marielle

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 09:26PM »

I chose ANJ because it was my first.
 When my nephew told me about CW I remembered wondering what kind of women singers could capture the attention of a young man so much that he talked about them so often. Well, as soon as I "accidently" found them one night on PBS, and the show was close to the end, I understood completely!
They were wonderful to listen to, beautiful to see and while the show can be very exciting...they have a soothing quality that touches people deep down inside their very souls. It's almost a sensation of being fulfilled. A sense of satisfaction.
I like them...can you tell?   Cheesy

marielle
Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 05:09AM »

I'll go with ANJ, because I haven't seen the Christmas yet, and it was a  close tie between Helix and ANJ.
I picked ANJ because I loved that setting and the arrangements better, and I've grown rather fond of Hayley, and she's on the ANJ DVD Smiley

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: