Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which DVD is your favorite?  (Read 7126 times)
Celeste

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 08:40PM »

I just have to point out that Hayley's DVD has not been released under the Celtic Woman logo -- and therefore, it isn't really a Celtic Woman DVD.

The rest of the DVDs (including Chloe's) have been released with the Celtic Woman logo.

JamieLew

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 09:27PM »

I put A New Journey because I think it's the most exciting to watch-- the costume changes, the lights, the fountains, the castles... and the girls and the chorus and the musicians too!

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 05:34AM »

The Christmas DVD is fantastic...the songs are done just right..not overdone, and sung so clearly. It's really nice to hear 'old fashioned' versions of Christmas music.
The Helix is great, but I think Chloe's voice has really come of age...I noticed this at a concert last June...Nella Fantasia was overwhelmingly beautiful. Plus they looked a little nervous, understandably so. The singing was beautiful, though.
A New Journey? Yup, just absolutely awesome. Since this was my first experience seeing them, I guess that would be part of the reason. But the performances, the castle, the 'making of' extras,  are all  just great...a wonderful visual/audio experience I never get tired of.
Plus, Hayley was a part of the group, and she is wonderful.
ANJ is near perfection.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 02:50PM »

Chloe's solo is my own best. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 04:41PM »

The Christmas DVD is awesome.  Love the dresses.

Celeste

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 08:03PM »

Chloe's solo is my own best.

Yes, mine as well, absolutely. I love the fact that it is shot in gorgeous locations throughout Ireland, with a different setting for each song. It has the most variety, the most interest.

In second place, it's between ANJ and the Christmas Celebration. It's hard to choose between them. Chloe's beauty is equal in both -- if different -- and her gowns are comparably beautiful.

ANJ has the benefit of the castle backdrop and an outdoor setting, slightly higher production values, and superior direction and editing.

But if a viewer's primary interest is a specific member of CW more than the group as a whole, then the Christmas DVD might be better. In ANJ, there are many solos by individual members, and it can be a long time before one's favourite member appears. In the Christmas Celebration, Chloe appears in many, many numbers. So it's hard to choose.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:10PM by Celeste » Logged

McIrish

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 09:33PM »

It is always difficult to pick a "favorite" cd of your "favorite" group. For example,no album can compare with the innocence of 5 gifted ladies,wanting only to please their audience that night at the Helix.. Slane brought a new sense of professionalism,acceptance and applause from a world-wide audience,with a recognition that a new world renown composer/arranger had made his intro into World music. The Christmas dvd drough us into the personal lives of CW. Faith,Family,Tradition,Love all bring us "home" into their lives. Few,if any,groups or soloists have ever allowed us to be as close as CW allows us to be. Mc
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 08:38AM »

Beautifully said McIrish.
Moscapoet
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 03:00PM »

That is tough choice. I haven't seen the individual artists' DVDs but have the other three. I have to give the edge to ANJ simply because Mairead is so much more active and plays a greater role in that one. The little whisper at the end of the Christmas DVD sure made it difficult though. I love them all, but she is the biggest draw for me. The more Mairead the better.
orlafallonfan

Dont ask me any question unless your my age! (14)

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 06:19PM »

MY FAVOURITE IS "A NEW JOURNEY AND A CHRITMAS CELEBRATION" Lips sealed

Texan

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 08:26PM »

It is always difficult to pick a "favorite" cd of your "favorite" group. For example,no album can compare with the innocence of 5 gifted ladies,wanting only to please their audience that night at the Helix.. Slane brought a new sense of professionalism,acceptance and applause from a world-wide audience,with a recognition that a new world renown composer/arranger had made his intro into World music. The Christmas dvd drough us into the personal lives of CW. Faith,Family,Tradition,Love all bring us "home" into their lives. Few,if any,groups or soloists have ever allowed us to be as close as CW allows us to be. Mc

McIrish,

I agree with you 100%. I don't think it could have been said better.

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 12:43PM »

Gosh I have the three...Helix, ANJ and the Christmas Celebration ones. So I can only judge those. They are all three great in and of themselves.

Helix...the first introduction for most of us
ANJ...senses awakend
Chirstmas ...loved because I was at the taping

I vote tops for all three...can I do that?

kathleen

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: