Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lynn,You Are Where You Should Be  (Read 9720 times)
mpdallen

Integrity

« on: October 23, 2007, 04:09PM »

West Palm Beach Celtic Woman Show

Hi Lynn,
As you may be aware, I was sitting on the front row for the Friday and Saturday night Shows. I must tell you, you looked absolutely stunning, all dressed to the 9`s. Now I have a clear reception of your singing, and you voice is so clear and pure. As I have told you, David Downes does not make mistakes in the people he chooses to be in his Show.

May I now address something that some people may expect you to do; to look at individual people while you are singing and moving about the stage during your performance? Lynn, I do not expect that out of you at this stage in your learning process, and everything there is to know. Words to each song, where you should be in relation to the other Ladies and the Choir, as the song progresses, and all the while trying to look the members of the audience in the eyes. It is way too early in your learning curve for you to have mastered that. That will take time, so do not concern yourself with it.

Let us reflect back on the Show from the Helix Center. All that the Ladies were required to do was just stand and sing, or take a few steps while singing. Their performance then was excellent, and we all fell in love with that Show. Then came Slane Castle, and there was a lot more movement and interaction of the Ladies in the Show then. But look how much time had passed and how many Shows had been performed up until then. There was plenty of time to learn new movements. Then when the Tour came to the United States earlier this year, and as they continued performing Shows across this country, the Shows continued to get better, and with much more interaction involving the Ladies and them looking at the audiance. There had been ample time for them to learn to look at the audience, while performing, because they did not even have to think about what they had to do next, as it had become second nature to them.

The Show I saw in Nashville in March was a far different Show than the Show I saw in Chattanooga June 4th. There was plenty of eye contact with the audience then. Just look at the Show we saw in West Palm Beach a few days ago. Every one of those experienced Ladies could have performed without looking anywhere but at the audience. I know Lisa, Chloe, Mairead, and Orla maintained constant eye contact with that audience, and a lot of it was with me.

So Lynn, as you perform, you just keep looking beautiful, and singing so beautifully, and the rest will come with time; and performing will get you to that level. And no, you are not expected to be at that level yet.

Lynn, just know that your fans love you, and we will be there with you.

Jim Allen

If you promise to send me a song
JByrd

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:42AM »

Meeve, uh Maave....em Meave Who?

John

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 08:43AM »

Don't let Lauren hear you... Shocked

JByrd

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 09:53AM »

Don't let Lauren hear you... Shocked

Uh...Lauren who?

Grin J/K

John

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 10:16AM »

Lynn, I am very much looking forward to seeing you in St Paul in November.  You bring a new element into our beloved Celtic Woman and I'm eager to see your contribution.

And John, it's Meav Ni Mhaolchatha...she is not currently a part of Celtic Woman, but certainly not forgotten in our hearts!  Wink

Jim, thank you for this post!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Maggie
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 03:22PM »

I agree Lynn looked and sounded spectacular on Saturday in West Palm Beach.
Her voice is beautiful.
As far as moving around, interacting with the other ladies, and eye contact with the audience, we must remember where Lynn came from.......
Anúna, which is a completely different, more formal concert ensemble.
It is all about the blend of music and voices, not quite so much about individual personalities, although the performers of Anúna have charming personalities.

So it may take Lynn a little while to get used to it, or she may be more comfortable being the quiet, more aloof one. I think that is more her style.

Either way, she is a very welcome addition to Celtic Woman, and a great asset to our favorite group.
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 10:22PM »

Dear Lynn,

I'll be seeing you in St. Paul along with Kelli in just a couple weeks and days.  I'm really really looking forward to hearing you live and seeing the new elements you bring to our beloved CW group.  Meanwhile, enjoy every minute of the first concerts, and take care of yourself as well.  God Bless you, Lynn!

Le Gra,
Jeanine

P.S. Also know that you are already greatly loved by us and welcomed warmly to our hearts as part of CW and as yourself. Smiley

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
JByrd

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 04:26AM »

And John, it's Meav Ni Mhaolchatha...she is not currently a part of Celtic Woman, but certainly not forgotten in our hearts!  Wink

Oh yeah....I remember her.  She was the blonde lady in the DVDs that started touring with CW after Diedre Shannon.  In fact, I think she was in the 3rd CW concert I attended....and maybe she was in four or five or six or more of them I later attended. 

Can't forget her!!!!!  No sir-eee-bob!!!!!  Good luck Maev....sorry you quit....we'll miss you.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:37AM by JByrd » Logged

John

papagood

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 10:21AM »

Hi Jim. Just as you and I were discussing, and as Maggie said, Lynn has been placed in an unfamiliar setting. Actually she landed on stage wirh a group of fast ladies. All she needs is to become comfortable with the situation. She stands so straight and is so slim that she seems much taller than she actually is. So gracefull in her movements. I did see more smiles from her on saturday night. I know Lynn will be a great performer. Hey, she already is.
 Don
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 10:24AM »

Oh yeah....I remember her.  She was the blonde lady in the DVDs that started touring with CW after Diedre Shannon.  In fact, I think she was in the 3rd CW concert I attended....and maybe she was in four or five or six or more of them I later attended. 

Can't forget her!!!!!  No sir-eee-bob!!!!!  Good luck Maev....sorry you quit....we'll miss you.

LOL, I knew you'd remember her!  Grin

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
JByrd

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 11:10AM »

LOL, I knew you'd remember her!  Grin

Grin Grin Grin

It's not that I don't miss Meav.....it's just that I've fallen in love with Lynn H.  Wink

Too. Cheesy

John

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 11:11AM »

She is pretty awesome.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 11:19AM »

I'm so looking forward to seeing Lynn in November! 

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 11:26AM »

You won't be disappointed.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 11:52AM »

Dear Lynn,

I had the very lucky opportunity of talking with you briefly in the lobby of the Marriot in WPB. I just wanted to say again that you are a lovely young lady with a beautiful voice! Your performances in WPB were right on and I know you will have a successful career with CW just as you had with Anuna. Just know that we forum members support you 1000%  Grin Grin

Susan (ZEE)

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: